How does Bumble compare to Buckethead and Slash?

SylvesterStallone

We've seen Bumble put on a great performance in Rio, he's gelling better with the band and worked out his nerves from the hammerstein shows. He basically stole the whole fucking night away with Don't Cry and gave us the best moment in the concert when the crowd sings along, the way he plucked those strings to the Don't Cry chorus moved me a lot.

His outro on Nightrain and November Rain were spectacular and he played good support to the band all night, complementing their playing.

How does he stack up to the skill and emotion of Bucket and Slash? Anyone think he exceeded Bucket's brilliant nightrain outros in 2002? Or out-souled Slash in Don't Cry?

Apologies if this is the wrong area for this thread....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've seen Bumble put on a great performance in Rio, he's gelling better with the band and worked out his nerves from the hammerstein shows. He basically stole the whole fucking night away with Don't Cry and gave us the best moment in the concert when the crowd sings along, the way he plucked those strings to the Don't Cry chorus moved me a lot.

His outro on Nightrain and November Rain were spectacular and he played good support to the band all night, complementing their playing.

How does he stack up to the skill and emotion of Bucket and Slash? Anyone think he exceeded Bucket's brilliant nightrain outros in 2002? Or out-souled Slash in Don't Cry?

Apologies if this is the wrong area for this thread....

i see bumble as a midway point.....

ya see, i like bucket's shredding on hard rock more than slash's blues

but people bitch about it being "unfeeling"(what the fuck, it's not fuckin blues, it's not time to pussy out and cry for your woman, it's tiome to get some drugs, shoot up and headbang), and so bumble's seem as the ansawer between bucket and slash, not too bluesy but not too fast(so it dosen't alienate the pussies)

I thought Ron was awesome at this show. He's come a long way from the first Hammerstein show (where he had seemed overwhelmed by it all and stayed glued to the side of the stage). He's now moving around the stage a lot more -- and is quite charismatic onstage, which is cool.

I also thought he was EXTREMELY smart to add "Don't Cry" to his solo. Brilliant! He had been under alot of criticism from fans for his weak guitar solos during the Hammerstein shows -- and this change was very very smart. Well done Ron!

My only criticism - please lose the hat Ron. I mean - really - a ski hat in the Summer? You have great hair under that hat, so why hide it?

As for comparing Ron with Slash - or anybody else for that matter - why would you want to do that? They're two different musicians with different styles and different energy. Like comparing apples and oranges. Can we - for once - not bring former GNR members into a discussion about a current GNR show?

I thought Ron was awesome at this show. He's come a long way from the first Hammerstein show (where he had seemed overwhelmed by it all and stayed glued to the side of the stage). He's now moving around the stage a lot more -- and is quite charismatic onstage, which is cool.

I also thought he was EXTREMELY smart to add "Don't Cry" to his solo. Brilliant! He had been under alot of criticism from fans for his weak guitar solos during the Hammerstein shows -- and this change was very very smart. Well done Ron!

My only criticism - please lose the hat Ron. I mean - really - a ski hat in the Summer? You have great hair under that hat, so why hide it?

As for comparing Ron with Slash - or anybody else for that matter - why would you want to do that? They're two different musicians with different styles and different energy. Like comparing apples and oranges. Can we - for once - not bring former GNR members into a discussion about a current GNR show?

my sentiments exactly.

actually bumblefoot is my favorite of the new guys.

i find him up to par with slash in my taste of opinion.

Can we - for once - not bring former GNR members into a discussion about a current GNR show?

But I think comparisons are inevitable. Especially with a band that was as huge as GN'R. There will always be people comparing them to Slash because Slash was the lead guitarist on every released album so far from GN'R. I can totally understand why people always bring Slash and co. up even if I disagree with them.

BBF blows them away! bbf's latest solo album is better than either of their other projects (outside gnr).

even his instrumentals are interesting: http://www.bumblefoot.com/video/Bumblefoot...do_Pimpwagon.rm

he can sing: http://www.bumblefoot.com/video/Bumblefoot...onez_-_video.rm

and he's still gonna do guitar clinics!

edit- the hat is awesome!

Edited by quadlaser

The reason I included former members in this post was to get a guitarist's take on Bumble and how he stacks up to the past. Like Bucketslash said, he seems to have the technical chops of Buckethead and the soul of Slash....a happy medium for fans of both camps....

Couldnt have put it better myself.

I too agree that ron would look a lot more Rock N'roll if he just wore jeans and T shirt and lost the hat.

I think he looked best in pictures from the first show where he wore black jeans and a black t shirt and had straight hair.

Whats was wrong with that look?

Like Bucketslash said, he seems to have the technical chops of Buckethead and the soul of Slash....a happy medium for fans of both camps....

Technically, he's proven that he can handle the material. However, as a lead guitarist, he lacks the commanding presence that both Slash and Buckethead brought to the stage.

Ironically, he's rendered Finck and Fortus obsolete. Rather than playing Christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful', he chose a melody of 'Don't Cry'..

Smart move..

-Kickingthehabit

Like Bucketslash said, he seems to have the technical chops of Buckethead and the soul of Slash....a happy medium for fans of both camps....

Technically, he's proven that he can handle the material. However, as a lead guitarist, he lacks the commanding presence that both Slash and Buckethead brought to the stage.

Ironically, he's rendered Finck and Fortus obsolete. Rather than playing Christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful', he chose a melody of 'Don't Cry'..

Smart move..

-Kickingthehabit

I seriously hope Finck gets run over by a steam roller or something and is put out of his - and our - misery. They don't need three fucking guitarists, two is plenty - lead and rhythm. Bumblefoot is far better than Finck and closer to Slash than Finck will ever be.

They have a job because he quit.

Im all for the advancing of GnR

How Bumblefoot compares to Bucket, and Slash

Bumblefoot is currently in the greatest band in the world

Slash is in VR

Buckethead is solo

Playing speed:

Bumble

Bucket

Slash

Playing ability:

Bucket

Bumble

Slash

Writing:

Bucket

Slash

Bumble

Forward Progression in career

Bumble

Bucket

Backward Progression in career

Slash

He's playing GNR material along with his own, not Slash's or Izzy's.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

They have a job because he quit.

Im all for the advancing of GnR

How Bumblefoot compares to Bucket, and Slash

Bumblefoot is currently in the greatest band in the world

Slash is in VR

Buckethead is solo

Playing speed:

Bumble

Bucket

Slash

Playing ability:

Bucket

Bumble

Slash

Writing:

Bucket

Slash

Bumble

Forward Progression in career

Bumble

Bucket

Backward Progression in career

Slash

He's playing GNR material along with his own, not Slash's or Izzy's.

Worst post ever.

You give GN'R supporters a bad name.

And Slash plays with more soul, passion and fury than Buckethead ever will - even with all of BH's technical wizardry and finesse. There's a fine line between technical skill and emotive playing and Slash is emotive all the way - and I think that's far better than someone who can shred up and down the neck of a piece of wood for a couple hours, hitting notes and bending them with no feeling at all.

Edited by Roadhouse Blues

You have to admit... it's better than a KFC bucket! :D

Don't forget about that mask he stole from limb Bizkits bassist and that yellow rain jacket he wore in the sun

Bumble's able to pick a lot faster than Bucket, but Bucket can do pretty much everything else.

Based on Notes Per Second, and by watching, and listening.

Im raggin on the Slash, because for whatever reason people put these new guitarists down because they arn't like Slash, and dont play like him.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex