How does Bumble compare to Buckethead and Slash?

SylvesterStallone

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron's nightrain outro was very disappointing. Axl may as well have gotten Michael Angelo to play the goddamn thing. I think Buckethead can come up with some beautiful melodies, Ron is clearly obsessed with tapping, sweeping, shredding and fucking gay bends.

I agree with DCK82. Buckethead's solos in all of the leaks are unique and impressive. Listen to how lost the TWAT 99 version sounds without buckethead's outro solo. That solo, and his madagascar solo sends chills down my spine.

Edited by glass

i just picked up bumblefoot's album, hands, finally completing my collection. i can not believe how good the title track is.

he lures you in with a lighthearted, catchy blues guitar riff, then procedes to get darker and darker where the guitar reminds me of a cross between johnny cash and metallica. the hook is catchy in a twisted sort of way, that's where i got the lyrics in my sig from.

then there's the solo... man... i'll try explaining it. think final fantasy, think final fantasy FAST. this is simply the best fast solo of all time. every single note makes perfect sense. you know how listening to the estranged solo can give you chills? ronnie manages to do this while shredding, a feat (IMO) never accomplished before.

it's so fucking good. :)

i just picked up bumblefoot's album, hands, finally completing my collection. i can not believe how good the title track is.

he lures you in with a lighthearted, catchy blues guitar riff, then procedes to get darker and darker where the guitar reminds me of a cross between johnny cash and metallica. the hook is catchy in a twisted sort of way, that's where i got the lyrics in my sig from.

then there's the solo... man... i'll try explaining it. think final fantasy, think final fantasy FAST. this is simply the best fast solo of all time. every single note makes perfect sense. you know how listening to the estranged solo can give you chills? ronnie manages to do this while shredding, a feat (IMO) never accomplished before.

it's so fucking good. :)

rock3

Slash is one of a kind--- There are 100 other guitar players like Bumble and Bucket. I liked Richards solos the best in Rio. He was really scrorching like old GNR. More of a raw feel like Slash. I wish they would stick to only 2 guitar players. Won't be as many sound problems at the board as well.

In my opinion, Slash was the best fit for Guns N Roses as far as style and appearance.

However, I think that Bumblefoot is a great addition to the new Guns N Roses. He's a great guitar player and his style fits very well.

My favorite solo guitar player is Buckethead. He can play all different styles of guitar and is an amazing guitar player. I think a lot of people don't like him purely because of his look. I'm not saying that he was a better fit for GNR than Bumblefoot or even a better technical player than Bumblefoot; he's just my personal favorite for a solo guitar player.

can i remind everyone that slash used to be drugged out of his head during the live gigs' pretty impressive for someone on heroin

And he still hasn't upped his game even with being clean for a number of years.

That's ownage.

can i remind everyone that slash used to be drugged out of his head during the live gigs' pretty impressive for someone on heroin

That's ownage.

some of the best musicians play better on drugs

ie, -hendrix

drugs make you hear allot more than you would normally

Bumble doesn't compare at all. Not as a guitarist or as a person.

What I mean by that is.. Slash and Buckethead, like Axl, are really almost "larger than life" figures. They are musicians that people will go out of their way to pay money to see. They are guys who you really can't take your eyes off of if you watch them perform.

Ron Thal is just.. Ron Thal. Nobody knows who he is, nobody really cares. 95% of music fans want Slash back in GnR, the other 4% were fine with Buckethead, and that last 1% doesn't even realize that the original GnR is broken up.

So essentially.. Thal is a bum that nobody cares about.

That's ownage.

some of the best musicians play better on drugs

ie, -hendrix

drugs make you hear allot more than you would normally

Yeah, but he's dead. So that's where drugs get you.

I thought Ron was awesome at this show. He's come a long way from the first Hammerstein show (where he had seemed overwhelmed by it all and stayed glued to the side of the stage). He's now moving around the stage a lot more -- and is quite charismatic onstage, which is cool.

I also thought he was EXTREMELY smart to add "Don't Cry" to his solo. Brilliant! He had been under alot of criticism from fans for his weak guitar solos during the Hammerstein shows -- and this change was very very smart. Well done Ron!

My only criticism - please lose the hat Ron. I mean - really - a ski hat in the Summer? You have great hair under that hat, so why hide it?

As for comparing Ron with Slash - or anybody else for that matter - why would you want to do that? They're two different musicians with different styles and different energy. Like comparing apples and oranges. Can we - for once - not bring former GNR members into a discussion about a current GNR show?

I was reading your post and you've got some good comments but why do you and everybody else on this forum care what the musician's wear?

Who cares if he's got a hat on - he can wear whatever the hell he wants.

And if you do want to talk about fashion sense, long stringy hair is a thing of the past. It's now reserved for trailer trash and wearing a ski hat brings a modern element.

Slash wears a top hat all year long for crying out loud. Who does that - Abe Lincoln? I don't hear anybody complaining about that.

I'm just saying leave the fashion remarks to the people who write US and People magazine and concentrate on the music.

Critisism like that is why band memebers get uncomfortbale onstage and don't put out albums.

And it's not just you, it's everybody who posts.

If you love this band so much and want to see them do well and want them to put on kickass shows and want them to put out an album, then give them your support.

Sorry I don't mean to take this out on you but I've just seen a lot of similiar remarks on this forum about the band and it's bearing on my nerves.

Just enjoy the band for what they are and the more you give them props, the better they will get. That I'm sure of.