Nightrain @ Rock In Rio 2006

mahimahi

Rio 3 with Buckethead, Ritz 88, Paris 92 are a lot better. There's no melody in that nightrain outro, it sounds like Ron is just shredding....

Axl will never sound better than he did in the AFD era, check the raw power in his voice in the ritz 88 video lawrence put up....THAT is guns n fuckin roses... B)

did they do Nightrain in Paris 92?

nope.

AND IT WAS STILL BETTER HAHAHAHAH!!!!

just kidding. ;)

I can't believe how delusional some of you are, Axl sounded terrible.

In Rio?? I think he sounded fucking great, dont know what exactly you were expecting him to sound like. He sounded EXACTLY like he did in 1988. I think so anyway.

Im talking about just on the song Nightrain, other songs were hit and miss at the show, but Nightrain I thought he sounded perfect.

Edited by mahimahi

In Rio?? I think he sounded fucking great, dont know what exactly you were expecting him to sound like. He sounded EXACTLY like he did in 1988. I think so anyway.

Im talking about just on the song Nightrain, other songs were hit and miss at the show, but Nightrain I thought he sounded perfect.

yes he DID sound great

and as for Mr. Bumblefoot.......he fuckin' hammered that bitch home......whoever said there was no feeling there?? well i fucking felt it.

Hmm...Pittsburgh 2002 anyone?!

yeah i was there, bucket was amazing-best version ever. keep in mind though that bucket never played it like that until then. why? because it takes a LONG time to figure something that cool out. i think ron will top it soon.

It really bugs me how the song fades on the solo on the Appetite recording. I love the way all the live versions basically turn the ending into a jam session. Slash, Buckethead and Ron have all made this song amazing.

SP

EDIT: Anybody fancy uploading the version from Pittsburgh?

Edited by sparka

Hmm...Pittsburgh 2002 anyone?!

yeah i was there, bucket was amazing-best version ever. keep in mind though that bucket never played it like that until then. why? because it takes a LONG time to figure something that cool out. i think ron will top it soon.

I disagree with that, I think Buckethead nailed it with his first attempt. His house of blues version is miles better than Ron's first few attempts.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

yes he DID sound great

and as for Mr. Bumblefoot.......he fuckin' hammered that bitch home......whoever said there was no feeling there?? well i fucking felt it.

Are you both serious?

For the first minute and a half, he sounds fragile, but alright. When he reaches for "Never to return" at the end of the first chorus, his voice loses control and his pitch goes off. Note that this is the first time he really pushes his voice, and it fails. After the guitar solos, in the breakdown section, Axl loses it again on "Flying like an aeroplane", his pitch is off, he has no rasp, and he sounds exactly like he did 4 years ago. Once again, he reaches, and misses. "Feelin' like a..." he pulls off alright, but still doesn't sound at ease. Next is the "Nightrain" refrain, and he sounds pretty good. But after the guitar solo, on the final chorus, Axl is 100% 2002, poor pitch control and no rasp. This kind of inconsistency is troubling, and Axl was never this inconsistent in the old days.

See, I can shred as fast as Bucket or Ron, but there is no feeling compared to a Slash solo. Shredding is some of the easiest shit you can ever learn on a guitar.

then why is there only about 20 people in the world that can do it well?

post your shit

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I agree with ODS. Axl's voice wasn't too great but it was the band that made it the best Nightrain ever. Bumblefoot was incredible.

The band was good, but I think that's a stretch.