what if Chinese Democracy isn't released this year?

johnptfunk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm discouraged by the fact he is not playing more new songs.

To me, it strikes me as him not even knowing what he wants to do with the new material yet. And a large part of me thinks he has erased all of Bucket's parts and wants them re-recorded.

How come "it would be a pussy thing to just come up here and play Appetite" in 1991...but its somehow noble in 2006?

I'm discouraged by the fact he is not playing more new songs.

To me, it strikes me as him not even knowing what he wants to do with the new material yet. And a large part of me thinks he has erased all of Bucket's parts and wants them re-recorded.

How come "it would be a pussy thing to just come up here and play Appetite" in 1991...but its somehow noble in 2006?

Good Post !

Thats what Axl really said in back 1991.. :book:

And its no good sign at all that Axl keep changin the new songs.

I mean they are all 5 years or older now and he still not sure

about the arrangement of those songs. That`s crazy. <_<

Welcome to the Jungle was written/arranged in 3 hours man !!!

Axl should put the demos of different versions from the new

songs on a website and let the fans/us decide which version we

like the most....that would be the easiest way. :)

We've heard AXL say it would be out this year, he is touring, speaking public, "looks happy" out on stage, is he ready to finally release this thing? lets hope he stays true to his word and releases this darn thing. however, what if it doesn't come out as promised by AXL? Do you think the press will tear him a new one and never give him a chance again? and what from the fans? how will you fellow gunner fans react to yet another year of dissapointment and letdown. i mean yeah it's cool and all he his on tour again, but would you rather hear Appetite being toured again or CHINESE DEMOCRACY? He must at some point start playing new songs on a more regular basis.

Dude the album will be released this year!! Theres just no way that AXL wont release it.

We've heard AXL say it would be out this year, he is touring, speaking public, "looks happy" out on stage, is he ready to finally release this thing? lets hope he stays true to his word and releases this darn thing. however, what if it doesn't come out as promised by AXL? Do you think the press will tear him a new one and never give him a chance again? and what from the fans? how will you fellow gunner fans react to yet another year of dissapointment and letdown. i mean yeah it's cool and all he his on tour again, but would you rather hear Appetite being toured again or CHINESE DEMOCRACY? He must at some point start playing new songs on a more regular basis.

To be honest I'm fine with it either way. Reason is that GnR press release saying the band played nearly half (6 songs) of Chinese Democracy during their NYC shows. Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, TWAT, IRS, Better and The Blues. So we've already heard half of the album. I'm not gonna die if the remaining 7 songs don't come out this year. It would be nice. But at this point, at least (after 6 years of waiting) we have a pretty good idea what the album sounds like.

Bottom line is, even though the leaked demos are incredible, in the end it's just an album. 13 million and 10 years of recording don't change that fact. Unless it's as grounbreaking and revolutionary as Nirvana's Nevermind, Appetite For Destruction, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Are You Experienced, Led Zeppelin IV, Sex Pistols Nevermind The Bollocks, Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon and other legendary rock recordings, Chinese Democracy will join the ranks of the thousands of other albums that rank as "great" but won't make Rolling Stone's Top 100 albums of all time list.

That bad thing is that Axl (and Geffen) have built this album up to the point that it's bound to disappoint not matter how amazing it is. How could it possibly live up to fan's expectations?

Edited by shotdowninflames

AXL, the record company and management doesnt really have a chance to delay the album again. This time they have to release it or they are done. They have delayed it so many times that i think many people will abandon them if they do it again.....

What is the problem here with releasing the album, GNR are touring so there is no finnishing work to be done? and if there is I do not think the time between finnishing the European tour and starting the US tour is enough.

What I have hear is that the album is ready, GNR have to complete a successful tour which is why Europe was decided before the US.

Once a successful European tour has been done (without any hitches) then concert promoters and venues for the US will be established for a full blown 3 or 4 month US tour before heading down under (thats for you Aussie Axl) and working their way back to Europe via Asia and South America.

To promote the US tour their will be a single released maybe 1st week in September and the album to be dropped last week in September or first week October, the album is a 13 tracker with a follow up coming out in between March to May 2007.

My only question is that this is a very good laid out plan by the band and record company, but it's RnR and s lot of songwriting is done on the road, I wonder what new songs GNR have been working on so far?

i find it very odd if it still isn't released this year but at the same time it's axl's decision and i'll respect it. i long for the album and i know it will be fucking awesome but i've given up on expecting it to come out at a specific time. when it happens, it will be unreal. and without analyzing axl too much, i feel that maybe he's gotten so attached to this album by working on it for years that it's hard for him to let it go. but who am i to speculate.

Edited by Speed Stone

If it's not out by the end of their US tour, if they come through with one, its never coming out, and we all just participated in a legendary "boiling points" show for MTV.

let me tell you something, If it is not out BEFORE the us tour, there will be no US tour! That was tried and failed in 2002.

To be honest I'm fine with it either way. Reason is that GnR press release saying the band played nearly half (6 songs) of Chinese Democracy during their NYC shows. Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, TWAT, IRS, Better and The Blues. So we've already heard half of the album. I'm not gonna die if the remaining 7 songs don't come out this year. It would be nice. But at this point, at least (after 6 years of waiting) we have a pretty good idea what the album sounds like.

Bottom line is, even though the leaked demos are incredible, in the end it's just an album. 13 million and 10 years of recording don't change that fact. Unless it's as grounbreaking and revolutionary as Nirvana's Nevermind, Appetite For Destruction, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Are You Experienced, Led Zeppelin IV, Sex Pistols Nevermind The Bollocks, Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon and other legendary rock recordings, Chinese Democracy will join the ranks of the thousands of other albums that rank as "great" but won't make Rolling Stone's Top 100 albums of all time list.

That bad thing is that Axl (and Geffen) have built this album up to the point that it's bound to disappoint not matter how amazing it is. How could it possibly live up to fan's expectations?

They have what, 32 songs? How does anyone know if THOSE songs will be on the album?

They have what, 32 songs? How does anyone know if THOSE songs will be on the album?

What does that have to do with anything? 32 songs? Pick 13-15 and release the damn thing, should not be that difficult. Bands are doing it everyday.

I honestly think that if the album doesn't come out in 2006 alot of fans will have had enough and move on completely. You'll see alot of people leave forums like this and alot of respect that people may have had for Axl will be gone. I mean he said it outright that the album was comig this year so if it doesn't he flat out lied to his fans. he used it as a prop to support this tour and alot of fans will be turned off and disgusted with him. The band will dissolve because even they will have had enough of being a cover band and GnR will be finnished untill the original band does a reunion tour with or without a new album. That's my opinion.