New version of Knockin' On Heavens Door

sparka

Was just listening to Knockin' On Heavens door from this years RIR and it really seems like GnR have spent a lot of time on the arrangement to this song and and im not sure if this has been said before but maybe theres a posibility this version could be on CD? It did come to light at the same time as The Blues, Magasgar etc..

What do you guys think?

SP

Was just listening to Knockin' On Heavens door from this years RIR and it really seems like GnR have spent a lot of time on the arrangement to this song and and im not sure if this has been said before but maybe theres a posibility this version could be on CD? It did come to light at the same time as The Blues, Magasgar etc..

What do you guys think?

SP

I know we haven't heard any real information anyhow, but we have heard from some people (not Axl), that there would be no cover songs on the new album.Take it for what it is. It'd still be kind of cool, like on a single or some other b-side disc.

Kevin

What do you guys think?

SP

I know we haven't heard any real information anyhow, but we have heard from some people (not Axl), that there would be no cover songs on the new album.Take it for what it is. It'd still be kind of cool, like on a single or some other b-side disc.

Kevin

Yeah i agree with the idea of it as a b-side, that would be pretty cool. Im sure their must be a recorded version Axl has hidden away.

I dont mind the cover songs (Live and Let Die, KOHD, Mama Kin etc..) I just listen to them in the same light as the origionals.

SP

It sounds more like the original IMO

Which I never really thought much of.

I liked the way GNR kind of anthemed it up.

What's the point of doing a cover if you don't put your stamp on it??

True, I didn't say the original was better though. The original was too blah, no solos at all, but still good. Guns really brought the song to life though.

It sounds more like the original IMO

Which I never really thought much of.

I liked the way GNR kind of anthemed it up.

What's the point of doing a cover if you don't put your stamp on it??

True, I didn't say the original was better though. The original was too blah, no solos at all, but still good. Guns really brought the song to life though.

That was the problem!

It's a sad song, it's not supposed to be full of soul and anthmetic, it doesn't fit the lyrics.

A while back, I too, preferred the UYI version. But the Dylan version is the best, that's what I think now, because the mood of the song is so special and well-set.

l really like this new version axl mmmm mmmm you know those noises or sounds he makes l love when he does that and in this new version he mumbles a lot, and yes like some one here said he is trying not to scream too much and l really think it is because of his voice.

What do you guys think?

SP

After all they had a plenty of time..................

I wouldn't worry too much that song is shit easy to jam out,

i doubt they put any real effort into it all, and seriously doubt it will see a release (in fact I know it won't)

its a good version but I prefer UYI 2

What do you guys think?

SP

I don't think so.

I like this new version.