What happened to all the hype???

Carne_asaDA

The fact that this is another tour of old material without an album killed the hype most likely.

that is probably a good reason why the hype is gone yes, brand new songs might not even get played til the us tour..

I don't really understand the problem here. They're touring before the album comes out in the Autumn. Just like Gn'R did with AFD & UYI.

Can't compare '87-'91 to '06.

During AFD, they were more of a support band, not headliners, unless they appeared in small clubs like the Whiskey, etc.

Before UYI they released KOHD and YCBM , were still getting airplay on MTV, and still riding the success of PC, WTTJ, and Patience.

Now, the last realease was OMG back in '99 for a soundtrack, and nothing since. It is VERY different.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering the same myself too Da.

I think the situation here is more or less like when a child wishes a toy, the child is asking for it all the time and waits a long time and once he gets his new and wished toy, he plays with it a couple of days and then throws it to the box with the rest of the toys.

We're all happy they're on tour and all, but the new and wished for toy has not been released yet.

It will be, it will be :)

Well I hope so, but unless/until it materializes, this may as well be '02 all over again. Hence (IMO) the faltering hype.

Did everybody already get their fix, and are done?? What's up people?

No it's because every one has a life to live outside this forum!.... aside that, what's there to hype? GNR is already packing shows over Europe........

Axl is out there ROCKIN N ROLLIN.......that's all I need to know! rock3

Disapointment, I know I kinda was.

Plus, as cool as it would be to see these guys play old GNR songs, its just getting old for them. It was cool when Slash and Duff played em, by why would anybody get excited to see Finck and Fortus play them? Cant these guys write more than 4 songs?

I think when people heared GNR were going to play the NY shows, they expected more new songs, a CD release date, and a surprise guitarist that really would have surprised people. Well they left some good shows, and they knew a release date, but no new songs and I dont really think Bumblefoot blew anybody away.

To add to this, 2 new leaks of IRS and TWAT came out that were kinda disapointing. The TWAT one wasnt too bad but IRS sounded lame and slow. Not to mention the boring guitar solo Ron threw in there over Bucketheads solo.

Plus, as cool as it would be to see these guys play old GNR songs, its just getting old for them. It was cool when Slash and Duff played em, by why would anybody get excited to see Finck and Fortus play them?

um maybe because Axl Rose, you know, a pretty big part of GNR since day one is still singing the songs.

Plus, as cool as it would be to see these guys play old GNR songs, its just getting old for them. It was cool when Slash and Duff played em, by why would anybody get excited to see Finck and Fortus play them?

um maybe because Axl Rose, you know, a pretty big part of GNR since day one is still singing the songs.

Not like he used to.

Not like he used to.

*ouch*

But true.

Not like he used to.

he's fucking 44. people's voices change over time. He still sounds amazing, better than 2002. Unfortunately no one can just snap their fingers and go back 20 years. Some of you need to look at this a little more realisticaly. Axl isn't 25 anymore.

Not like he used to.

he's fucking 44. people's voices change over time. He still sounds amazing, better than 2002. Unfortunately no one can just snap their fingers and go back 20 years. Some of you need to look at this a little more realisticaly. Axl isn't 25 anymore.

Kind of a back-handed compliment I would say. He sounds good for a 44 year old?! It's like telling my Grandmother she still looks good for a 70 year old.

Not like he used to.

Kind of a back-handed compliment I would say. He sounds good for a 44 year old?! It's like telling my Grandmother she still looks good for a 70 year old.

thats not really what I'm saying..

Does your voice sound the same as it did 10 years ago? how about 20 years ago?

what about your grandma? i bet she sounded a little different when she was your age compared to how she sounds now.

Axl sounds great regardless of his age. You said he doesn't sing them the same, and on a lot of songs, that is true, his voice has changed.

You can't go to a GNR show in 2006 and expect to see a 26 year old Axl Rose from the AFD era. Nevertheless, GNR just rocked the shit out of NY and are currently kicking ass in Europe, and Axl sounds the best since he's made his comeback from the old guns.

Not like he used to.

Youre right, his voice has changed and it isnt terrible, but does it fit the AFD style anymore?

To add to this, 2 new leaks of IRS and TWAT came out that were kinda disapointing. The TWAT one wasnt too bad but IRS sounded lame and slow. Not to mention the boring guitar solo Ron threw in there over Bucketheads solo.

Umm, these leaks are from 1999...

Umm, these leaks are from 1999...

How do you know?

the hype is down because there is no new material played yet. they are still playin the same ol' old shit they did last tour, besides irs, twat and better. the least they could do is give us a release date. or some new songs we havent heard yet. GNR Fans get treated like shit by Axl.

honestly i dont consider this to be Guns N' Roses at all. i know many of you will agree. this is just a GNR Cover Band with Axl in it.

Edited by hogg2500

Youre right, his voice has changed and it isnt terrible, but does it fit the AFD style anymore?

Dude I'm telling you, had you been there at the Hammerstein you'd of been blown the fuck away. Axl sounded great on all the songs they played, at least on May 17th. With that said, the songs he and the band are doing from their own stuff do suit his current voice better.

Axl is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. What would it take for some of you? People bitch and moan when he hides for years at a time and then he comes back and you people critique every single note he sings like he's on fucking American Idol. I just dont get it.. A few weeks ago, I experienced something I never thought I'd experience again since 2002, probably the best show I've ever seen,

(that last paragraph isn't necessairily directed at you sweetnes. just the "fans" in general)

Not like he used to.

No, but that's not the problem. If he was releasing and performing new material, his vocals as they stand wouldn't be such a big deal. The problem is that he's yet to release new material, and he's performing very little of it. So it's hard for some of us to get especially excited to hear him sing the same stuff he sang 15 years ago, when he was doing it so much better then, and with a much better band. *IMO*

So it's hard for some of us to get especially excited to hear him sing the same stuff he sang 15 years ago, when he was doing it so much better then, and with a much better band. *IMO*

totally disagree.

Listen to the way Axl sang the first part of SCOM on the UYI Tokyo videos. The way he sings it now IMO is much better.

And this band is a better band than the old band. thats not a diss to the old band, they were fucking great. I love izzy.

its all subjective, matter of opinion, but I just dont agree with any of that.

Not like he used to.

thats not really what I'm saying..

Does your voice sound the same as it did 10 years ago? how about 20 years ago?

what about your grandma? i bet she sounded a little different when she was your age compared to how she sounds now.

Axl sounds great regardless of his age. You said he doesn't sing them the same, and on a lot of songs, that is true, his voice has changed.

You can't go to a GNR show in 2006 and expect to see a 26 year old Axl Rose from the AFD era. Nevertheless, GNR just rocked the shit out of NY and are currently kicking ass in Europe, and Axl sounds the best since he's made his comeback from the old guns.

The difference is , me and grandma aren't professional singers fronting a rock band, trying to make a comeback, while singing 20 year old songs. If he insists on playing the same material over and over again, the comparisons are inevitable.

There are many frontmen older than Axl who still sound amazing, and NOT just "good for their age". Tyler, Jagger, Halford come to mind quickly. Right now Axl just sounds "good for his age" and "better than in '02". Like I said, it's still a back-handed compliment.

i give up on this "new gnr" its nothing but a joke. with out slash, duff, gilby or izzy, matt or steven there will never be Guns N' Roses again. GNR died when the Illusion tour ended.....

This will be my last post ever, as far as im concerned Guns N' Roses doesn't exist anymore..

your allowed your opinion dude' theres no need to stop posting though :)

The difference is , me and grandma aren't professional singers fronting a rock band, trying to make a comeback, while singing 20 year old songs. If he insists on playing the same material over and over again, the comparisons are inevitable.

There are many frontmen older than Axl who still sound amazing, and NOT just "good for their age". Tyler, Jagger, Halford come to mind quickly. Right now Axl just sounds "good for his age" and "better than in '02". Like I said, it's still a back-handed compliment.

none of those guys sound the same as they did 20-30 years ago. for better or for worse, people's voices change as they age. And as I said earlier, some of the stuff Axl sounds better on than he did back in the day. Some of it just as good, some of it differnet but still good.

i give up on this "new gnr" its nothing but a joke. with out slash, duff, gilby or izzy, matt or steven there will never be Guns N' Roses again. GNR died when the Illusion tour ended.....

This will be my last post ever, as far as im concerned Guns N' Roses doesn't exist anymore..

this band isn't his cup of tea. he probably thinks its a waste of time posting on a forum for a band he considers a joke. makes sense to me..

rock on hogg.

none of those guys sound the same as they did 20-30 years ago. for better or for worse, people's voices change as they age. And as I said earlier, some of the stuff Axl sounds better on than he did back in the day. Some of it just as good, some of it differnet but still good.

this band isn't his cup of tea. he probably thinks its a waste of time posting on a forum for a band he considers a joke. makes sense to me..

rock on hogg.

its his choice dude'not anyone elses

btw i think ozzy sounds just as good now as he did then

Edited by lawrence

Hey, I'm hyped up. Booked my tickets for UK shows as soon as they went on sale. Haven't thought about anything else....

I guess after watching the Rock in Rio downloads there isn't as much suspense about what they will be like compared to 2002. :)

rock on hogg.

its his choice dude'not anyone elses

btw i think ozzy sounds just as good now as he did then

you're right it is his choice, he made it. i respect him for it if all he is going to bring is negativity, if he doens't like the band, why would he post? makes perfect sense. he'll find something else he's as passionate about as he was about Guns, if he hasn't already. Hopefuly he'll still come aroun dand post in anything goes for the people he likes, or the old guns section.

I fucking hate Creed. And I dont post on Creed message boards.

but maybe you should see the moderator's comment in the thread that got locked where you were having your little GNR bash fest.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion