The Battle of Two Classics

Miss Murder

Two Classics  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Null.

They are both flawless, and very different.

I agree, but the main question was in terms of affecting music history, especially at the time in which these songs were written, which one did a better job of making a statement.

Well, in that case Stairway was more influential, but Imagine made a MUCH larger statement.

Null.

I agree, but the main question was in terms of affecting music history, especially at the time in which these songs were written, which one did a better job of making a statement.

Well, in that case Stairway was more influential, but Imagine made a MUCH larger statement.

What statement? To live in your own little imagineary world and wait for reality to slap you across the face? Fuck that.

What statement? To live in your own little imagineary world and wait for reality to slap you across the face? Fuck that.

Um, no. It's just the fact that their is much more to the world than religion, land, materialistic items, etc. Instead of starting wars and fighting one another, we should learn to respect each other for who we are, not what we represent or live by. All these things that John Lennon sings about, in some way or another seperate us human beings from living in total harmony. Think about it. It doesn't hurt thinking outside the box for a bit.

I go for imagine. Stairway has a deep musical influence. But Imagine is a more thought out attempt to get mankind thinking of whats really happening.

My two cents.

Um, no. It's just the fact that their is much more to the world than religion, land, materialistic items, etc. Instead of starting wars and fighting one another, we should learn to respect each other for who we are, not what we represent or live by. All these things that John Lennon sings about, in some way or another seperate us human beings from living in total harmony. Think about it. It doesn't hurt thinking outside the box for a bit.

I go for imagine. Stairway has a deep musical influence. But Imagine is a more thought out attempt to get mankind thinking of whats really happening.

My two cents.

Exactly.

Null.

Singing about bustles in your hedgerow doesn't make a better statement though

I chose Stairway To Heaven because I simply like it more

I like both a lot though

• 4 weeks later...

I love both,but first reaction was Imagine.

As far as impact,Imagine is known moreso outside the rock world than Stairway.

It's a rally song for many organizations,movements...so,in that sense it has had a far greater impact.

Stairway is an iconic rock anthem...not sure what the influence outside of that is.

My two cents.

Agreed. Imagine for me as well