Loose the Confetti

Outtagetme

i've got a pile of hammerstein confetti right here. every time i look at it, the memories come flooding back....

I got my confetti from the Hammersmith show on my desk to remind me everday of how awesome the show was

Me too rock3

I really like it, really cool when it all goes off as it comes into the audience. A firework show would be ok - but there are enough pyros during the concerts as it is.

R.

I love the new band, but the pyros and confetti are a bit much. At donnington, they really stood out since no other band would have gone in for that stuff. I dunno but, it just gives the impression that they don't think the music is enough. It's the live equivalent of over production.

Slightly wrong, i also went to see Metallica at donington and their pyro stuff was huge, lots of it, far more advanced that GNR gave us and to be even pickier i had to sit through a band called cradle of filth and they had pyro, a girl doing ribbon climbing and a man and a woman with a power tool grinding thing showering sparks everywhere, i could go on but i won't, all i can say is at least the pyro stuff went off for GNR with out a technical difficulty! :rolleyes:

LIZ

Axl needs to rework his finale and get rid of the Confetti. He needs a bad-ass indoor fireworks show or something else at the conclusion of Paradise City. Seeing it live makes you feel like you are watching a cheesy New Years Eve Party or something. Stupid topic, I know, but I just think it would be cool if they do something else for the big ending. Anyone else agree?

and lose me my job, I am the poor fucker who has to pick all that shit up for the next show, it aint a great job but it pays the bills

Out, I don't know why I waited so long to ask this question but.... is that ben affleck (eric romano look-a-like) in your avatar?

Ha ha. That's funny. That is actually me in the avatar. I get that a lot, but mostly from black women- I just tell them that they think all white people look alike...

I love the new band, but the pyros and confetti are a bit much. At donnington, they really stood out since no other band would have gone in for that stuff. I dunno but, it just gives the impression that they don't think the music is enough. It's the live equivalent of over production.

Slightly wrong, i also went to see Metallica at donington and their pyro stuff was huge, lots of it, far more advanced that GNR gave us and to be even pickier i had to sit through a band called cradle of filth and they had pyro, a girl doing ribbon climbing and a man and a woman with a power tool grinding thing showering sparks everywhere, i could go on but i won't, all i can say is at least the pyro stuff went off for GNR with out a technical difficulty! :rolleyes:

LIZ

I stand corrected. I think I was too busy in the pit to notice rock3

Nah, I enjoyed the confetti, still have a piece of it in my room ^_^

It helped make a perfect finale. And the pyros blew me away ( :drevil: ).

Like on Live and Let Die it really did help with the big bangs in time and you could feel the heat off them and all. That was amazing.

First it was the weight, then it was the hair, then it was the jerseys, then it was the voice, then it was silkworms then it was the drink, and now its the confetti... :blink:

Arnt any of you fucks even remotely happy that hes actually out touring with his band?

I bet a lot of the people on here were jibbering wrecks when the forum went down the other day...

:lol: Yea!

It's confetti, I think it works, I like it.

At the author's request, please close this thread. 4 pages of confetti talk is enough. The unscientific results say most people like the confetti. Axl, I know you are reading this so now you can feel confident that we collectively like your confetti show.

Remember back in the day when Axl would just hand out roses to the crowd. The band let the music do the the talking. The show in NYC on the 17th was amazing like seeing Elvis I love Axl and wish him the best, but fact is with Slash and Co. they didn't need shit you were blown away by the brutal ass kickin live. Love the new band they do a great job but NO SLASH NO GNR love ya bro. PS I'll always support Axl and see em live and buy his shit but I'll never consider it GN'R without Slash N' Duff