Loose the Confetti

Outtagetme

Axl needs to rework his finale and get rid of the Confetti. He needs a bad-ass indoor fireworks show or something else at the conclusion of Paradise City. Seeing it live makes you feel like you are watching a cheesy New Years Eve Party or something. Stupid topic, I know, but I just think it would be cool if they do something else for the big ending. Anyone else agree?

Axl needs to rework his finale and get rid of the Confetti. He needs a bad-ass indoor fireworks show or something else at the conclusion of Paradise City. Seeing it live makes you feel like you are watching a cheesy New Years Eve Party or something. Stupid topic, I know, but I just think it would be cool if they do something else for the big ending. Anyone else agree?

Out, I don't know why I waited so long to ask this question but.... is that ben affleck (eric romano look-a-like) in your avatar?

i've got a pile of hammerstein confetti right here. every time i look at it, the memories come flooding back....

I got my confetti from the Hammersmith show on my desk to remind me everday of how awesome the show was

First it was the weight, then it was the hair, then it was the jerseys, then it was the voice, then it was silkworms then it was the drink, and now its the confetti... :blink:

Arnt any of you fucks even remotely happy that hes actually out touring with his band?

I bet a lot of the people on here were jibbering wrecks when the forum went down the other day...

Dude, at Paradise City it was more fireworks than fucking 4th july!!

And the confetti was just cool, filled upp my pocket with it :)

Ah...memories

oh my god, is there something people can't complain about,when they are talking about gnr?

next thing will probably be ''fuck the fireworks,its too hot in front rows because of them,thats why show ofcourse sucks.it affects on axls voice, robins guitar playing and brains drumming''

I think it adds to the intensity of the show.

Exactly, it definetly gives spice to the show.

Fireworks would be nice for the moment but at least confetti displays a nice show and lets you go home with a part of the show. It sounds cheesy but I would rather have a piece of confetti to remember the moment rather than have it fly by right in front of me just like that.

I love the new band, but the pyros and confetti are a bit much. At donnington, they really stood out since no other band would have gone in for that stuff. I dunno but, it just gives the impression that they don't think the music is enough. It's the live equivalent of over production.

Edited by Maddergascar

As long as the band and Axl are playing the way they are then I don't care about the confetti.

I could live with or without it.

I suppose at the time it does add a bit to the song, but it's not as impressive watching it from bootlegs.

So I'd keep it for now.

LP