Merck Gives Axl's Side On Arrest

Rose agreed to pay a 40,000 krona (£3,000) fine and 10,000 krona (£750) damages to the security guard.

i dont think thats a whole lot of money actually....

those figures put into US dollars, is like just about 8,500!!!

no shit he agreed to pay that!!! out 8 and a half grand or millions for the concerts??? fuck man, breakin the law in other countries is cheap!!! AXL blows more than 8 grand a night partying!!!

No but i wish i had that as small change! :P

LIZ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er I'm pretty new to these forums, lol but does anyone actually like Axl?!?!?

All I see is people slating him, guess I'm in the wrong place as a fan :P

Be used to it, unfortunately the forum is full of haters.

Welcome to the forum :) and no, you´re not in the wrong place, this is a GNR forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

On topic: glad to have somthing official. We all know Axl is not a saint and he did bit the guard and he did break the mirror at the hotel and all but maybe what merck says is true. Sometimes cops abuse people because they make use of their authority and not all of them act as good professionals. These accusations towards the swedish police made by Merck must have some truth in them because if not Merck wouldn´t risk at saying all that.

"Regardless, GUNS N' ROSES will return to Sweden where they will play once again for the people, not the authorities."

HELL YEAH! rock2

Hopefully he'll come to America one of these days! And show up!!

Interesting read. Certainly puts a different slant on things anyway.

I would still presume Axl was at fault in his reaction though and I certainly don't condone biting someone, but maybe his treatment was too intense because of who he was - not so unbelievable is it? I mean Christ, some of you had him stripped, sentenced and hung, only three pages into a one sided statement.

What has disappointed me more than anything, is people response on this forum(not everyone obviously), that was slating Axl in the original thread saying he had physically abused a girl/woman after the Police report claimed "abuse" against a female - turns out it was a 'discussion' with Beta - clearly this might of been heated, but still goes to show the over-reaction of some people presuming Axl had beaten up a girl he'd just met!

Axl the angel? I hardly think so, but his constant 'casting' as the evil villain is now both boring and predicable. I can only thank God his live music is doing most of the talking - Chinese Democracy really does need to come out now Axl, I'll give certain people a chance to moan at something else, God knows they get board of the same set list, clothes, etc..... :rolleyes:

Chinese Hypocrisy anyone?

UK SUBS.

That is your best post ever rock1 rock2 rock3

I'm also loving your new album title! :laugh:

LIZ

My sister just got sent this link:

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/a...ackmail_1001228

LATEST: GUNS N' ROSES frontman AXL ROSE has blasted Swedish police for blackmailing him into co-operating with their demands. The singer was being held in a Swedish jail after being arrested in the early hours of Tuesday morning (26JUN06) for allegedly biting a security guard during a drunken brawl. After agreeing to pay a fine of 40,000 kronor (US$5,500/GBP3,000), he was released from jail. He was also ordered to pay 10,000 kronor (US$1,360/GBP756) in damages to the security guard. But tour manager MERCK MERCURIADIS says the star only admitted to the "violent conduct" because he was physically mistreated as well as threatened with up to three weeks behind bars if he didn't. Rose would have missed the tour had he not complied. Mercuriadis says, "We are in the middle of a tour. "The Swedish authorities were very aware of this, yet continually threatened us over a 12-hour period with between five days and three weeks incarceration without bail if Axl did not 'co-operate'. "They were fully aware that there were millions of dollars at stake, not to mention the hopes of tens of thousands of fans who had paid for tickets to see Guns N' Roses." "The point is, the police report should not be taken at face value, and if one were to be explicit, this experience is tantamount to being held for ransom. "If the context were any different, Axl would probably have preferred to spend the time in jail in order to ensure that all the facts were a matter of public record."