thoughts on fincks new solo in IRS

quadlaser

Sossego was good, but all the solos in 06 is nothin but shit. its hard to say but its true.

Fortus said the "beautiful" solo was a joke, but what the fuck?it has nothin to do with rock n roll and the joke is not good at all.

In 2002 they had ok solos and not to many. It was better beck then.

I see what you mean

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sossego was good, but all the solos in 06 is nothin but shit. its hard to say but its true.

Fortus said the "beautiful" solo was a joke, but what the fuck?it has nothin to do with rock n roll and the joke is not good at all.

What's funny is you probably thought the "beautiful solo" was cool at first, before you even knew it was a Christina Aguilera song. It probably even brought tears to your eyes. And what's even funnier, is you probably even tried to learn how to play it on the guitar so you could impress your sister and mother. But when they told you it was a Christian Aguilera song, you pissed your pants and downloaded the song to verify if it was true. As you listened to song, you probably thought, "Geez, this is good stuff."

But you would never admit it, would you?

But that song Slash did with Michael Jackson was cool though, right?

Learn to appreciate all kinds of music. You'll be better for it.

Well, I can't speak for Sjakalen - but this is coming from a guy who will actually admit he likes Oops I Did It Again (it's catchy, sue me!). Beautiful does nothing for me. Not Aguilera's version, nor GN'R's.

The morale of the story is that you shouldn't assume what drives someone, or that they must be a Slashaholic if they dare criticize the new band. Some fans will like the song, others won't. It's that simple. Me, I prefer beautiful and haunting melodies when it comes to a solo. In that regard, Beautiful has got nothing on stuff like Wild Horses and the Godfather theme. That's just me though.

Does that make me a Slashaholic? Yeah, I guess. Nothing wrong with that. The man after all wrote a lot of the music we are all here for today, and he excels at writing those beautiful and haunting melodies. Which is why, no matter how much some fans protest, the new band will always be compared to him. The haters need to get used to that just as much as Slash fans need to accept that he's gone and likely never coming back.

He's a limited lead player and his solo on the 99 IRS demo reflects that.

well limited player or not, the solo sounds good and fits the song. Just because he's not doing anything mindblowingly difficult during his solo doesn't take anything away from the music or the solo.

I don't care if he's not doing anything mindblowingly difficult. David Gilmour would come in, play 5 amazing notes and take the song to a whole new level. Some people have it, and I'm afraid Finck does not.

its your opinon, for me he can do it. just a matter of personal taste, but nothing wrong with that.

ok, lets not start comparing David Gilmour with Finck 182.

I know he's nowhere on Gilmour's playing level back in the day.... but by today's scene and timeframe Finck's playing is on the top end of players out there today.

This tells me that you haven't explored the music scene at all. And yeah, like a previous poster mentioned, David Gilmour recently released a solo album that kicks ass.

This tells me that you haven't explored the music scene at all. And yeah, like a previous poster mentioned, David Gilmour recently released a solo album that kicks ass.

Didn't in fact know that, gives me something to check out then. rock2

:sleeper:

"It's a very complex record, I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses.' But you'll like at least a few songs on there."