A bit of Comparison

Vincent Vega

Some people "haters" or the doubters complain that because Axl has spent so long in working on Chinese Democracy and hasn't released it in all this time, that means it must not be good. Well...there is something else that was a long time in the making and has been hailed as a classic since it's release...and that would be the Lord of the Rings.

That's right. Between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings there is a eighteen year gap, with the Hobbit being released in 1936 and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring being released in 1954. Now...Like Axl, Tolkien didn't spend every year out of that long gap working on LotR. He started working on the tale in the '40s. That is similar to Axl, who really didn't begin working on CD in 1993, he actually started work on it circa 1997-1998.

Tolkien, like Axl, was a perfectionist, especially in the work (Like the Silmarillion which went through numerous rewrites) that he held dear to him, and wanted to released the best product that he could, like Axl. And again, the Lord of the Rings has indeed been hailed as a classic in the years since it was released, though it was met with criticism at first.

My point being is that though Axl has taken a long time with this it is not due to lack of musical inspiration, or due to a lack of quality in the songs, but only because he has wanted to refine it over and over through the years to make the best album he could, like Tolkien did with LoTR, and to put out something that was true to his vision of it in the first place.

what a lot of bull shite you talk boy. Get a fuckin life, it aint out cause its nothing but a steaming streak of pish and the cunt is too scared to release it, hes shitting his pants, this aint literature it used to be the coolest rock roll band on the planet before that old has been ruined the whole thing.

apetite was written in a matter of weeks and is their masterpiece, it will never be topped, especially when its one guy and his hired help. that aint a band its a fuckin joke

what a lot of bull shite you talk boy. Get a fuckin life, it aint out cause its nothing but a steaming streak of pish and the cunt is too scared to release it, hes shitting his pants, this aint literature it used to be the coolest rock roll band on the planet before that old has been ruined the whole thing.

apetite was written in a matter of weeks and is their masterpiece, it will never be topped, especially when its one guy and his hired help. that aint a band its a fuckin joke

Thanks for your opinion, though I don't think anyone really cares. I know I sure as hell don't. There's a forum called Yesterdays-The Early Days if you want to indulge in bittersweet nostalgia.

Or you can go to the VR forum and watch Weedland, I mean, uh, Weiland rip off Mick Jagger when he dances and sways like the anorexic bitch that he is and listen to that uninspired piece of horsehit called Contraband. I feel bad for Slash and Duff, they're really wasting their talent (and believe me I acknowledge that they're fucking awesome) with Old Skin and Bones.

Bye bye now, cuntface.

Edited by Mr. Miser

read up in their history you slimy wee rent boy herpes victim they got forced out cause there lead singer had morphed into hitler and believed his own hype what a lot of drivvle you talk you must lead a sad pathetic life if your sittin thinkin of shit like that to say. Amd vr fuckin rock growing as a BAND and their SECOND album iss gonna be huge you start arguing when uncle axl has released his piece of shit , if you can get your tongue out of his arse for long enough

You know, I don't post a lot because everything I want to say has already been said by someone else better than I could have said it.

However, once in a while I read something that makes me angry and then I have to say something.

graemewark, you are an ass. Say what you want about the new band (you obviously are taking it pretty seriously) but there is no need nor any validation for cutting up Mr. Miser who was sharing an opinion that I personally found to be refreshing.

It is irrelevant whether Mr. Miser is correct, his comparison was a good one and I am sure it has at least some truth in it. Why should Axl rush, so wankers like you can complain that it isn't appetite for destruction?

For people like graemwark GNR is dead and I feel sorry for them. The rest of us are busy enjoying what we have now and you know what? I don't want another appetite for destruction. I want something new.

Mr. Miser, thank you for sharing your opinion!

jesse bee

read up in their history you slimy wee rent boy herpes victim they got forced out cause there lead singer had morphed into hitler and believed his own hype what a lot of drivvle you talk you must lead a sad pathetic life if your sittin thinkin of shit like that to say. Amd vr fuckin rock growing as a BAND and their SECOND album iss gonna be huge you start arguing when uncle axl has released his piece of shit , if you can get your tongue out of his arse for long enough

Looks like someone's panties are in a bunch. There's two sides to every story, friend. You're just choosing to listen to one and one only. I must lead a sad life? You must lead a sad fucking life to reply to a thread with only the aim of spewimg your narrowminded venom-filled view point instead of actually discussing something like an intelligent person. VR are growing? Going to be huge? Lmao. The only reason VR had success is because of three guys: Duff, Matt and Slash. See, ''Grunge'' or Alternative singers like Weedland are a dime a dozen, guys like Duff, Matt and Slash are a rare talent.

And, yes I will keep on arguing when G'N'R releases the album this year, which will be so much better than any thing our anorexic, flamey friend Scotty_Boy can release.

You know, I don't post a lot because everything I want to say has already been said by someone else better than I could have said it.

However, once in a while I read something that makes me angry and then I have to say something.

graemewark, you are an ass. Say what you want about the new band (you obviously are taking it pretty seriously) but there is no need nor any validation for cutting up Mr. Miser who was sharing an opinion that I personally found to be refreshing.

It is irrelevant whether Mr. Miser is correct, his comparison was a good one and I am sure it has at least some truth in it. Why should Axl rush, so wankers like you can complain that it isn't appetite for destruction?

For people like graemwark GNR is dead and I feel sorry for them. The rest of us are busy enjoying what we have now and you know what? I don't want another appetite for destruction. I want something new.

Mr. Miser, thank you for sharing your opinion!

jesse bee

Thanks a lot bro, glad you liked the post rock1

Rock On

Wow, how immature can you get? You obviously don't have anything important to say, unless its lost in the pile of insults. This is the Internet. Anyone can talk that way. So don't try and act all hardcore with the keyboard. And you know what? Why the hell would Mr. Miser lead a "sad, pathetic life", the comparison makes sense; he's not trying to somehow link GN'R with LOTR, he's just using it as a comparison. So if all you can do is rip on him, then leave, grow up, and come back when you have something mature to say.

And Mr. Miser, thank you for your opinion, it is a good one

:rolleyes: slow news day?

Punk1: I'm bored so i'll start a retarded, pointless thread about Tolkien and Axl.

Punk 2: Bitch bitch biiiiitttch, moan, whine I hate Axl

Punk3: Quit bitching, axl rulz--go watch Weedland (wtf?--Weedland)

*Thread descends into the icy darkness of old, tired arguements that have been recycled 1000 times*

graemewark, i think you have just taken Kaneda's title as douchebag of the forum.

how does that make you feel?

I mean as much as everybody hated Kaneda he had some relavent points that made his argument decent.

as much as everyone disagree'd and how much of a douche he could have been at least he sounded a little bit smart.

youre just an idiot who nobody cares what you think because youre stupid and just saying this for the sake of being an ass.

kaneda was just very doubtful but he wasnt stupid.

i gues my main point here is shut the fuck up.

:laugh: :xmassrudolph:

Forced out my fucking arse. They left due to artistic differences. It's just they change the story every fucking time they get interviewed just so fanboys like you can masturbate longer.

I have nothing more to say, partly because you were just dribbling like a child, amd cuse yu carnt speel.

Arsehole :fuckyou: