..catcher in the rye will be on the disc...

sixtus

that pop song on the album?? waiting all those years for that on axls masterpiece?? :(

I think this is what Axl meant when he said people will say 'this doesnt sound like GNR'- you will at like a few songs.

I love Catcher In The Rye. Besides Better its my favourite new song and that includes the live songs like The Blues as well.

I think Catcher is a great tune, im glad its gonna be on the album, it has some sort of, late UYI II sound to it. Im suprised to see how many people don't like Catcher and like TWAT, when i thought TWAT was the only demo that wasn't worth the while, well everyone has his own opinion...

I think Catcher is a great tune, im glad its gonna be on the album, it has some sort of, late UYI II sound to it. Im suprised to see how many people don't like Catcher and like TWAT, when i thought TWAT was the only demo that wasn't worth the while, well everyone has his own opinion...

Hehe, weird. See I feel exactly the opposite. I feel TWAT fits in with UYI2 and CITR seems just out of place and overlayered.

that pop song on the album?? waiting all those years for that on axls masterpiece?? :(

It's not really "pop." It has poppy elements, but it's far from a pop song. By the way, you answered your own question. It's Axl's masterpiece. Not yours. If he wants the song on there, it's going to be on there.

"Catcher in the rye" is an amazing song, and I am glad that it will be on the record.

I will be more than happy if CD contains "CITR", "The Blues", "Better", "Madagascar", "IRS" and "TWAT". Then this album is already near being perfect.

Edited by Spoon87

The album is done :)

Where is it then? :unsure:

it will be out 'soon'

The thing is before Axl said they had so many songs to choose from and 13 will make the album and so on , on the trunk interveiw he didn't sound sure whether CITR would be on CD.

Now that richard has said the song will be on the cd, it makes me think that they have all agreed on what songs will make the final cut and the album is finished.

Would've been happier to hear Rhiad was gonna be on disc, personally.

Rhiyad over Catcher??? I guess this must be what is meant by "bad taste" (no offense dude). Catcher is stunning.... Rhiyad is not....

None taken....fruitcake ;)

I did'nt like Catcher the first time I heard it and to this day, the song does nothing for me. I find it boring as hell. What can I say? Rhiyad is an interesting tune that I think has the potential to be a pretty heavy studio track. To each their own. I'm sure my favorites on the Illusions differ from yours as well, but I'm not so sure I'd tell you that you somehow have got " bad taste" Stunning? I don't see it - but that's just me

if this track is on this disc..or the next one...

Whoa, the first one hasn't even been released yet... already thinking about a second? I know there were plans but I mean come on, it's Axl here so it could be another 10 years after CD, if CD is ever released. Hopefully, but I'm not getting my hopes up again.

Edited by DaneisKing1389