Guns N' Roses on 111 wussiest songs ever list

Bucketslash

This list was compiled by real-live wusses (and some who have actually dated wusses) from Los Angeles (Bread country) to Dublin (land of Gilbert O'Sullivan). Our panel of wussperts limited the selections to songs from -- and relevant to -- the rock 'n' roll era: no '40s crooners, no show tunes, no Anne Murray. When compiling, we picked one selection to represent each artist: If you want 15 Barry Manilow numbers, please buy his greatest hits. Most importantly, the songs were selected for their inherent wussness, regardless of quality. Some are loathed, some are cherished (doh, we forgot 'Cherish'!) . . . all are wussy

what a fucking balls list

Poison - 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn' at number 5, fucking classic song

what a bunch of morons. That whole thing just seems to be an attack on songs about heartbreak, what's wrong with songs about heartbreak?

its hardly emo shit, "You didnt call me, so i cried, you wouldnt go to the 'my bleeding arse tear romance' concert so i cut myself"

4. 'You're Beautiful'

James Blunt (2005)

It's the classic, tragic love story: Stoned man sees pretty girl on subway, girl exits with boyfriend, man loses will to live . . . all set to a bitchin' Spanish guitar riff menacing enough to evoke Wham's 'Careless Whisper.'

:rofl-lol:

This list was compiled by real-live wusses (and some who have actually dated wusses) from Los Angeles (Bread country) to Dublin (land of Gilbert O'Sullivan). Our panel of wussperts limited the selections to songs from -- and relevant to -- the rock 'n' roll era: no '40s crooners, no show tunes, no Anne Murray. When compiling, we picked one selection to represent each artist: If you want 15 Barry Manilow numbers, please buy his greatest hits. Most importantly, the songs were selected for their inherent wussness, regardless of quality. Some are loathed, some are cherished (doh, we forgot 'Cherish'!) . . . all are wussy

says it all

...from Los Angeles (Bread country) to Dublin (land of Gilbert O'Sullivan)...

I'm sure you mean well, but as GnR started in LA, Axl lives basically in LA (Malibu), and I know cool people in Ireland who say Dublin was a great show, it's way off base to lump entire cities into "wussie-dom" just for the hell of it.

Meanwhile, the guy who put Don't Cry on this list is a moronic baboon with the soul of ....a moronic baboon.

Don't Cry is a really important song for Guns and the history of, not to mention being a great song at that.

It is a wussy song. A great song, but still a wussy song.

People need to get it in to their heads that not everyone likes or respects GnR. And I believe that the comments made about it and November Rain are fair, because deep down, you know its true.

Nope, I don't know it deep down. Basically you're saying any slow song is a wussie song, it's your opine, not the worlds. I'll say they are both love songs, so if that makes it a wussie song, yeah, ok.

As to the rest of the world not respecting GnR, what's your point? What's that got to do with the price of tea in china? All we are commenting on is some dick who calls great rock ballads wussie songs. Btw, Axl has said it was the demo for "Don't Cry" that got him signed, so if not for that song, who knows if you'd be here even talking about them. You may have been resorted to live on the "Serial Killers Are Cool, Despite Their Hobbies" board.

Edited by axlskAmpf

It is a wussy song. A great song, but still a wussy song.

People need to get it in to their heads that not everyone likes or respects GnR. And I believe that the comments made about it and November Rain are fair, because deep down, you know its true.

Nope, I don't know it deep down. Basically you're saying any slow song is a wussie song, it's your opine, not the worlds. I'll say they are both love songs, so if that makes it a wussie song, yeah, ok.

As to the rest of the world not respecting GnR, what's your point? What's that got to do with the price of tea in china? All we are commenting on is some dick who calls great rock ballads wussie songs. Btw, Axl has said it was the demo for "Don't Cry" that got him signed, so if not for that song, who knows if you'd be here even talking about them. You may have been resorted to live on the "Serial Killers Are Cool, Despite Their Hobbies" board.

Rock Ballads are intentionally wussy. Don't Cry is no exception, it's a wussy song, there's nothing kickass about it. 70% of the song is "Don't Cry" and it's sung in this low, wussy voice. The song exemplifies wussiness.