U.S. Tour to run from Late Sept. - December

Madagascar88

A album launch b4 a US tour would be a smart move. I have a feeling Axl and Co are plannng something huge to announce the release date,,,, I have no idea what .... MTV awards might be a good idea,,,,, um or a surprise show at Axls favourite venue... Axl loves New York,, maybe he wants to thank them for there support by doing something huge,,,, With that said I cant wait to get chinese democracy,,im going to jerk off over the CD before i play it... I do that with all my favourite CDs,,its like a tradition. Im sort of weird like that,,, i also lie a whole lot about things that relate to masturbating and compact disc's...hahahahaha

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could also mean, that the month August will be a resting period after the 2.5 month Europe tour, directly followed by a September-December tour, which results in a 2006 (or later) release of CD, because there is NO time to work on CD in 2006 (because of the tours). What do you guys think? I really hope this will NOT become reality.

Edited by Roy79

This will be a disaster.

No fucking way in hell they can be booked in 20,000 arenas. Oh, they can in the bigger cities I guess. But not nationwide.

Touring without any sort of new produsct is just dumb, dumb, dumb.

I think that they will put out the album before the tour. I saw them here in Chicago in '02 and the show was packed. New York was sold out as well. But I heard that a lot of other shows didn't sell as well, especially in the smaller markets. The only way to avoid a repeat of '02 would be to put out the album and let the GNR name be out there in the public eye for a while before starting a tour.

Agree, also, this band has changed a lot. They have nothing to do with the band in 2002, they are fucking awesome now. They play far better than in 02 and their shows are incredibly good! IMO. :)

This will be a disaster.

No fucking way in hell they can be booked in 20,000 arenas. Oh, they can in the bigger cities I guess. But not nationwide.

I think that they will put out the album before the tour. I saw them here in Chicago in '02 and the show was packed. New York was sold out as well. But I heard that a lot of other shows didn't sell as well, especially in the smaller markets. The only way to avoid a repeat of '02 would be to put out the album and let the GNR name be out there in the public eye for a while before starting a tour.

Agree, also, this band has changed a lot. They have nothing to do with the band in 2002, they are fucking awesome now. They play far better than in 02 and their shows are incredibly good! IMO. :)

Most people probably wouldn't know that the band has changed.

This will be a disaster.

But if they do things right this time can be different, with more publicity and stuff... you know.

listen, at the same time Axl was stating that the album would be out in the fall he knew they would be touring the US. they didn't just now think to themselves, "Hey guys, let's tour America!". so i find it odd that some think the tour means no album. i would imagine all the recording is done and all that's left are legal odds and ends, maybe artwork, packaging choices, etc. stuff that can be handled in a couple of meetings. i bet we get the album before Thanksgiving.

Edited by artfromtex

You listen! Did you ever think of the fact that it might be possible that the album wasn't finished yet, and thus need som more recording? Or parts need re-recording because of Ron joining in? Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 2006 fall release.

This could also mean, that the month August will be a resting period after the 2.5 month Europe tour, directly followed by a September-December tour, which results in a 2006 (or later) release of CD, because there is NO time to work on CD in 2005 (because of the tours). What do you guys think? I really hope this will NOT become reality.

no, no.... i suppose you are right... there IS no time to work on CD in 2005. :rofl-lol::P

This could also mean, that the month August will be a resting period after the 2.5 month Europe tour, directly followed by a September-December tour, which results in a 2006 (or later) release of CD, because there is NO time to work on CD in 2005 (because of the tours). What do you guys think? I really hope this will NOT become reality.

no, no.... i suppose you are right... there IS no time to work on CD in 2005. :rofl-lol::P

(In undercover mode, Roy79 quickly clicked the edit button to change 2005 into 2006, so no one would notice he's a complete fuck-up and made a stupid typo)

Say what, fucker??? ;)

This will be a disaster.

what the fuck? you people really piss me off because you ask for guns to do a US tour and when the guitarist confirms that they are planning one, you have critisicm about it! go play with traffic!

You piss me off, and I want you to go play with your toy cars and leave the forum. That's not at all valid as a response. Of course he's going to be critical, Gn'R barely filled arenas in the US last time- 4 years later, nothing's changed. But you wouldn't remember, you weren't born then.

This will be a disaster.

I gotta disagree. The bands chemistry on stage now compared to 2002 is so much better. Also, there isn't a dumbass on stage that twirls num-chucks and dances like a robot anymore.... Also Axl sounds much better and Finck has a new image.

You listen! Did you ever think of the fact that it might be possible that the album wasn't finished yet,

i believe my statement was that i would imagine the album is done. not that i'm 100% sure.

Or parts need re-recording because of Ron joining in?

Ron has already stated that he will not be on the album. "I got in too late for that."

Axl said a fall release knowing what his tour schedule would be. so i don't see how the tour would be an excuse for another delay. that sounds like reasonable logic to me. if it doesn't to you than that's your problem.

This will be a disaster.

what the fuck? you people really piss me off because you ask for guns to do a US tour and when the guitarist confirms that they are planning one, you have critisicm about it! go play with traffic!

In traffic. Go play *in traffic*

And what I said is based on nothing but love for this band. But sadly, its only on GNR forums that people think this is one of the biggest bands in the world anymore.

So yeah, I'm not really looking forward to stories about lagging ticket sales, lukewarm reviews, and unhappy fans.

Maybe you are.

All I am asking is that you have a new product before you try and sell a new band.

He was merely stating the reality that a US tour played in large venues without any sort of product to promote will only spell disaster for the band.

It's the most ridiculous idea since the 2002 tour, and we ALL know how that one went down. Hopefully this band has a plan in mind, because if they attempt another tour in the states without an album(or anything, for that matter) to promote, you can kiss the US tour and GN'R goodbye.