So what have you learned from the last couple of months

knightrider

I never even knew who Sebastian Bach was until Axl carried him on his back. Interestingly, Bach was turned down for the lead singer of VR. Hmm... interesting. What does Axl do? He offers Bach and his band, Skid Row, to tour with GnR!

You didn't know who Sebastian Bach was. :rolleyes: And, he offered his band Skid Row a touring spot. :rofl-lol:

It just goes to show that your a little misinformed emo kid.

4. A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

First off, you don't even know if the interview is valid. Second, if it's true Izzy is being a hypocrite. Remember, Izzy didn't want to take pay cuts for not wanting to work. And, he later rejoined Guns in 93 to collect his unpaid money, and then basically black-mailed the band because he wanted double the money for the last show.

5. Of course, there was also that lawsuit that Slash and Duff tried to file against Axl because they "lost millions in potential revenue" because Axl wouldn't agree to allow GnR's songs in certain movie soundtracks. According to Axl, he wasn't going to sellout to make a quick million and ruin the integrity of GnR's work. The lawsuit was later dropped because Slash and Duff didn't have their glasses on and were in the wrong. Ain't it also funny how VR has contributed 3 or 4 songs to be sound tracks in movies. Hmmm...interesting.

You know, sometimes Axl's a walking contradiction. Didn't Axl re-record Sweet Child O' Mine for the Big Daddy Soundtrack, so the Slash and Duff wouldn't profit? Is that selling out?

4. A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

Look at the last name that is thanked in the Contraband booklet :krider:

One good thing we have learned and that could be agreed by everyone is that Axl's voice is FANTASTIC!

It is back 100%!

Axl is a great frontman and a super performer!

To see him live is an incedible experience!

Let's hope he won't waste it ... Axl give a call to the right persons ;)

Ok just kidding!

Peace!!!!!!!!!!

Ive learned that even a half assed Axl is better than VR in my opinion and that this line up has nothin to prove anymore.They are equall in terms of performance and band feeling.

People prefer VR and thats cool but even before this tour i knew what band was for me and nothing has changed, i took my bird who had no time for old GnR to the SECC and she was blown away.Her exact words were " if ever there was a man who could be called a god its that man up there ".

We all like different things and thats cool because no ammount of bitching and comments about the ex members can change what i allowed GnR to give me this summer, a summer i can never forget and whats just as cool is that so many forum members shared the same fears and excitement over the summer.I met Leigh briefly and had a long cool chat with Leddy.GnR fans proved this summer that we are loyal and the most sociable bunch of fuckers around, we did ourselves and GnR proud and i will treasure the times and people i met.

GnR is what it is and your gonna have a long time to get used to it - if its your thing then enjoy the ride but if not i wish you luck in finding something as exciting ;)

I have learned to love this band even more than I did before I saw them live. I have experienced emotions I never felt with other artists. This band has made me FEEL while they played, they are awesome and the time has given them their right place showing they were better than we all thought. They have nothing to prove now,they are simply awesome.

And what about Axl?, my brave Matador, he´s been awesome, sounded better than ever and after so many years of dreaming with this I finally saw my idol live. I can´t explain all the emotions I felt, it was an incredible sensation having him,right in front of me while singing SCOM...awesome, amazing,great... what else could I say? :heart:

But I also learned that I may not really like Chinese Democracy, judging from what I have heared from the leaks. Maybe the album will grow on me in time, but right now I dont think it fits my taste all that much. Its all touched up with keyboards and drum machines with a pop edge to it, I tend to like more raw rock n roll, two guitarists, drums, bass, and a singer.

Hey to be the bearer of bad news, but you are a "pop tart". If you understand the definiton of "pop music" and "pop culture", then you'll understand the majority of GnR's work has been true to form with "pop music and culture". The "two guitarist, drums, bass, and singer" is "pop culture" phenomena. Axl is actually trying to break free from the traditional chains of rock music and pop culture.

But I also learned that I may not really like Chinese Democracy, judging from what I have heared from the leaks. Maybe the album will grow on me in time, but right now I dont think it fits my taste all that much. Its all touched up with keyboards and drum machines with a pop edge to it, I tend to like more raw rock n roll, two guitarists, drums, bass, and a singer.

Hey to be the bearer of bad news, but you are a "pop tart". If you understand the definiton of "pop music" and "pop culture", then you'll understand the majority of GnR's work has been true to form with "pop music and culture". The "two guitarist, drums, bass, and singer" is "pop culture" phenomena. Axl is actually trying to break free from the traditional chains of rock music and pop culture.

Hey to be the bearer of bad news, but you are a "Douche Bag". I said it has a pop edge to it, pop being something you would hear on a chart radio station along with The All American Rejects and Fallout Boy. I didnt say its full blown pop music. Listen to Better and tell me that song doesnt have a pop edge to it.

Hey to be the bearer of bad news, but you are a "Douche Bag". I said it has a pop edge to it, pop being something you would hear on a chart radio station along with The All American Rejects and Fallout Boy. I didnt say its full blown pop music. Listen to Better and tell me that song doesnt have a pop edge to it.

Sweet Child of Mine? November Rain? This is nothing new.

Im sorry, MODERN pop music. Jesus

Edited by sweetness

Interestingly, Bach was turned down for the lead singer of VR.

Yes, Bach was turned down. Thank God. Hope he's happy in his new role as another one of Axl's yes-men.

That's actually what you call loyalty. But doesn't Slash have a lot "yes" bitches too? It seems like the only musicians he hires for his projects are weak ass bitches he can't upstage him.

infamous encounters where Sorum stalks Axl and wouldn't stop commenting about to this very day

Matt was stalking Axl? You been snorting splenda, dumbass?

Don't you think it was weird that Matt "accidently" bumps into Axl two times in one night at different clubs? And then he doesn't stop talking about it?

A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

I don't believe for a second Izzy said those things about Slash. Prove it. Also, none of the music Slash and Izzy wrote together during the initial "project" stage of Velvet Revolver was used on Contraband. It sounded too much like old GnR and the band wanted to do something different. Izzy played with the band several times afterwards, so obviously there is no hard feelings.

"After UYI, I wanted to do a simple album like AFD because of all my legal problems ... Slash prevented us from doing an AFD type record." ~ Axl Rose, Eddie Trunk interview. So apparently, Slash is the one who isn't into doing an "old school" GnR type record. Because to do so would mean he would have to listen to Axl and Izzy.

Of course, there was also that lawsuit that Slash and Duff tried to file against Axl because they "lost millions in potential revenue" because Axl wouldn't agree to allow GnR's songs in certain movie soundtracks. According to Axl, he wasn't going to sellout to make a quick million and ruin the integrity of GnR's work.

Refusing to put WTTJ on Black Hawk Down was without doubt one of the worst things Axl has ever done. Such a huge, critically acclaimed movie that would have cemented the song as a classic rock tune. Instead Axl acts like a petulant child and refuses to let the movie makers use it unless it's a re-recorded version with the new "band". Disgraceful greed and bitterness from Axl Rose again.

Would you want people making money of you for the rest of your life, if you didn't think they deserved it?

So to answer your question, knightider, I learned that there are still a lot of insecure Axl Rose sympathisers that are still trying to discredit Slash, Duff & Matt - presumably because of the resentment they feel about all the success they've had with Velvet Revolver.

Well, suck on it. :)

Axl remained quiet for 13 years while Slash, Duff, and Matt in numerous interviews dissed Axl and blamed him for ruinning GnR. But unlike the rest of them, Axl picks his place and time to fight his battles. And with the last few months, Axl has made several subtle japs at his former mates.

But what most fans don't release is that Axl could have easily made millions of dollars just by making mediocre rock albums like Snakepit and Contraband. He could have done that. GnR had a large enough audience to do so.

The ex-gunners were "the ones that would do anything" and they knew that whatever they put out, no matter how shitty it was, they would make a lot of money because of their status and fame with GnR. Some say maybe Axl was insecure. Maybe. But probably more important to Axl was making great music. He doesn't want to rip off the fans with shitty music and go home with millions of dollars in his pocket. But Slash and the ex-gunners seem to have no problem with making shitty records and ripping off us fans of our hard earn money.

Edited by knightrider

Interestingly, Bach was turned down for the lead singer of VR.

Yes, Bach was turned down. Thank God. Hope he's happy in his new role as another one of Axl's yes-men.

infamous encounters where Sorum stalks Axl and wouldn't stop commenting about to this very day

Matt was stalking Axl? You been snorting splenda, dumbass?

A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

I don't believe for a second Izzy said those things about Slash. Prove it. Also, none of the music Slash and Izzy wrote together during the initial "project" stage of Velvet Revolver was used on Contraband. It sounded too much like old GnR and the band wanted to do something different. Izzy played with the band several times afterwards, so obviously there is no hard feelings.

Of course, there was also that lawsuit that Slash and Duff tried to file against Axl because they "lost millions in potential revenue" because Axl wouldn't agree to allow GnR's songs in certain movie soundtracks. According to Axl, he wasn't going to sellout to make a quick million and ruin the integrity of GnR's work.

Refusing to put WTTJ on Black Hawk Down was without doubt one of the worst things Axl has ever done. Such a huge, critically acclaimed movie that would have cemented the song as a classic rock tune. Instead Axl acts like a petulant child and refuses to let the movie makers use it unless it's a re-recorded version with the new "band". Disgraceful greed and bitterness from Axl Rose again.

So to answer your question, knightider, I learned that there are still a lot of insecure Axl Rose sympathisers that are still trying to discredit Slash, Duff & Matt - presumably because of the resentment they feel about all the success they've had with Velvet Revolver.

Well, suck on it. :)

tad too much time on our hands eh?

It seems like the only musicians he hires for his projects are weak ass bitches he can't upstage him.

You mean like Scott Weiland. One of the best frontmen in rock?

Don't you think it was weird that Matt "accidently" bumps into Axl two times in one night at different clubs? And then he doesn't stop talking about it?

Fruitcake. Matt's mentioned it twice. No, I don't think it's weird that they bumped into each other.

Would you want people making money of you for the rest of your life, if you didn't think they deserved it?

Slash and Duff don't deserve royalties from WTTJ? Are you fucked in the head?

Btw, you know why the makers of Black Hawk Down wanted to use WTTJ? Because the movie is based on actual events, and when the U.S. soldiers were getting ready to drop into Somalia in 1993 they were actually playing WTTJ from AFD. So using a re-recorded version of the song would have made no sense at all.

Seriously, that whole saga just proves that Axl has a screw loose.

more important to Axl was making great music. He doesn't want to rip off the fans with shitty music and go home with millions of dollars in his pocket.

So are you saying Axl is unable to create good music anymore? Is that why he hasn't released nay new material since Izz, Slash and Duff left? Yeah, you're probably right. Axl is such a hero for doing fuck all for ten years.

Done embarrassing yourself yet? :)

It seems like the only musicians he hires for his projects are weak ass bitches he can't upstage him.

Fruitcake. Matt's mentioned it twice. No, I don't think it's weird that they bumped into each other.

Btw, you know why the makers of Black Hawk Down wanted to use WTTJ? Because the movie is based on actual events, and when the U.S. soldiers were getting ready to drop into Somalia in 1993 they were actually playing WTTJ from AFD. So using a re-recorded version of the song would have made no sense at all.

more important to Axl was making great music. He doesn't want to rip off the fans with shitty music and go home with millions of dollars in his pocket.

So are you saying Axl is unable to create good music anymore? Is that why he hasn't released nay new material since Izz, Slash and Duff left? Yeah, you're probably right. Axl is such a hero for doing fuck all for ten years.

i agree, tho scotty is still a fuckhead.

I think I've started to see that Axl is GNR. It's his vocals and personality that make GNR. I still think Slash and the original band must have been important. But I have a feeling they were only there cos Axl wanted them. I don't know if it was luck but over the years Axl has come through on so many occassions you have to start to feel that it's HIM not just luck that he's successful. Maybe it is cos he's just a selfish prick but still he delivers his music and carries this whole thing. I might have it all wrong he might just be a cheap over hyped opportunist using others to get what he wants but either way he does it well.

He may have fucked up a lot as well. But he seems to always comeback. Like after the One in a Million thing most people would have disappeared. After the whole band quit on him, he still put a new band together and tried to comeback. Then Bucket quit and he still tried to do it again after 2002 which most seemed to believe was a disaster and he still came back with new material. He seems to have been doing this too long now for it to be purely chance that he's still doing it. Maybe they wheel him out of the hospital for every show but it seems like he's pretty determined.

newsflash young one! At the time, those songs were considered MODERN pop music. Satan.

No, I meant Michael Jackson. I'm talking about guitarists foo! If you watch the new GnR, you see that every guitarist takes turn playing lead and rhythm. Axl wanted Slash to work with other "talented" guitarists. Slash was unwilling too. He either has a big ego or is very "shy".

Fruitcake? Yummy. But I'm not the one with pictures of guys with long hair on my wall.

But why is it when Matt's in bed with yo momma, he always talks about it? And then yo momma always whines to me about it? The fact that he even mentioned it twice "for public record" (who knows how many times he's talked about it in private) is already one two, I mean, too many.

The lawsuit that Slash and Duff filed only talks about "lost royalties." And it wasn't for just one movie. It had nothing to do with Slash and Duff being angry that Axl wouldn't allow the use of the song for "historical" reasons you mentioned. Slash/Duff were concerned that they were losing out on millions of money because Axl wouldn't agree to sellout. And I'm sure the executives in Hollywood thought, "the world and American people need to know about the TRUTH" when they made Black Hawk down. Hollywood was trying to capitalize on a tragedy and controversial event, and Slash/Duff wanted in on it.

Will you be in line to buy CD 1, 2, and 3?

Sun Flower, I'm just messing with you dawg! Don't take it personally. All fun and games!

Edited by knightrider

newsflash young one! At the time, those songs were considered MODERN pop music. Satan.

At that time, yes. But since then I think pop music has taken a turn for the worst.

Anyway, I have nothing against pop music, Im just not into it and the new GNR seems to be headed that way. Read my first post again with an open mind.

GNR hasnt been avant garde...yet. But it seemed like it might be going that way with Bucket on board but now this Bumble guy...who knows.

That was a funny quote Axl said that the record company told them AFD was "too radio" they needed to make it rawer.

Let's face it, GNR are just a popular rock band. They aren't Mr Bungle or some weird shit like Primus. And they never were a band that thought credibility was in low record sales and suicide. There's not much experimentation going on. But new songs like Better are a bit more original than AFD era - which is basically a rewrite of Back in Black with Aerosmith solos and a Queen fixation.