So what have you learned from the last couple of months

knightrider

The last couple of months have been a frenzy for GnR fans. With the Euro tour completed what is going through your mind? Of everything we've heard, read, and seen, what have you learned? Has the truth gotten clearer? Or, are things more of a blur?

I'll start off with the conclusion: Axl is the heart of GnR. Izzy is Axl's backbone, which makes him the GnR's backbone. Let me articulate my hommies.

1. Once news got out that GnR was starting their tour in NY, the first sign of real life began with the Eddie trunk interview. Oddly, it was Sebastian Bach, a good friend of Axl who got him to come on. What was one of the first thing's Axl said? He started talking about how an old friend (Izzy) might show up at the NY gigs, and then went on to say that the reason UYI had two albums was because "Slash was trying to over the band." Hmm...

2. I never even knew who Sebastian Bach was until Axl carried him on his back. Interestingly, Bach was turned down for the lead singer of VR. Hmm... interesting. What does Axl do? He offers Bach and his band, Skid Row, to tour with GnR!

3. Then, there was the BizWire press release where Axl's management/lawyers claimed that Slash came to Axl's place bad mouthing about his VR band members. Then, there were the infamous encounters where Sorum stalks Axl and wouldn't stop commenting about to this very day. Apparently, there was a big rift in VR.

4. A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

5. Of course, there was also that lawsuit that Slash and Duff tried to file against Axl because they "lost millions in potential revenue" because Axl wouldn't agree to allow GnR's songs in certain movie soundtracks. According to Axl, he wasn't going to sellout to make a quick million and ruin the integrity of GnR's work. The lawsuit was later dropped because Slash and Duff didn't have their glasses on and were in the wrong. Ain't it also funny how VR has contributed 3 or 4 songs to be sound tracks in movies. Hmmm...interesting.

6. From all the bootlegs and fan reviews of the concerts, we've learned that GnR has worked hard and put everything they had in their performances. Every one from Stinson to Pitman to Fink has worked their asses off to make GnR the best that it can be so that they could earn the respect of all the old GnR fans. "I want to bring as many of the 'old' GnR fans along as possible', Axl has said. That what's this tour was about - it was about getting the current and old fans to respect GnR. Because we all know that once CD drops, every old fan that chooses to stay with the past (VR), will be replaced with 100 more new fans. Axl is so confident right now, you can tell his swagger is back. It's almost like he's got a secret weapon and when that bomb drops, every one who's ever doubted him or accused him for not following Slash's direction will eat their words.

Edited by knightrider

I learned that there still is a band called Guns N' Roses, and that Axl wasnt going to hide for another 10 years. I also learned that Axl has taken a very different musical direction from what he use to write, and that his voice is a little different but more suitable for the new style wich is good.

But I also learned that I may not really like Chinese Democracy, judging from what I have heared from the leaks. Maybe the album will grow on me in time, but right now I dont think it fits my taste all that much. Its all touched up with keyboards and drum machines with a pop edge to it, I tend to like more raw rock n roll, two guitarists, drums, bass, and a singer.

But who knows, theyre only demos right? Its too little to judge from...

Interestingly, Bach was turned down for the lead singer of VR.

Yes, Bach was turned down. Thank God. Hope he's happy in his new role as another one of Axl's yes-men.

infamous encounters where Sorum stalks Axl and wouldn't stop commenting about to this very day

Matt was stalking Axl? You been snorting splenda, dumbass?

A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

I don't believe for a second Izzy said those things about Slash. Prove it. Also, none of the music Slash and Izzy wrote together during the initial "project" stage of Velvet Revolver was used on Contraband. It sounded too much like old GnR and the band wanted to do something different. Izzy played with the band several times afterwards, so obviously there is no hard feelings.

Of course, there was also that lawsuit that Slash and Duff tried to file against Axl because they "lost millions in potential revenue" because Axl wouldn't agree to allow GnR's songs in certain movie soundtracks. According to Axl, he wasn't going to sellout to make a quick million and ruin the integrity of GnR's work.

Refusing to put WTTJ on Black Hawk Down was without doubt one of the worst things Axl has ever done. Such a huge, critically acclaimed movie that would have cemented the song as a classic rock tune. Instead Axl acts like a petulant child and refuses to let the movie makers use it unless it's a re-recorded version with the new "band". Disgraceful greed and bitterness from Axl Rose again.

So to answer your question, knightider, I learned that there are still a lot of insecure Axl Rose sympathisers that are still trying to discredit Slash, Duff & Matt - presumably because of the resentment they feel about all the success they've had with Velvet Revolver.

Well, suck on it. :)

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
So to answer your question, knightider, I learned that there are still a lot of insecure Axl Rose sympathisers that are still trying to discredit Slash, Duff & Matt - presumably because of the resentment they feel about all the success they've had with Velvet Revolver.

Amen.

Interestingly, Bach was turned down for the lead singer of VR.

Yes, Bach was turned down. Thank God. Hope he's happy in his new role as another one of Axl's yes-men.

infamous encounters where Sorum stalks Axl and wouldn't stop commenting about to this very day

Matt was stalking Axl? You been snorting splenda, dumbass?

A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

I don't believe for a second Izzy said those things about Slash. Prove it. Also, none of the music Slash and Izzy wrote together during the initial "project" stage of Velvet Revolver was used on Contraband. It sounded too much like old GnR and the band wanted to do something different. Izzy played with the band several times afterwards, so obviously there is no hard feelings.

Of course, there was also that lawsuit that Slash and Duff tried to file against Axl because they "lost millions in potential revenue" because Axl wouldn't agree to allow GnR's songs in certain movie soundtracks. According to Axl, he wasn't going to sellout to make a quick million and ruin the integrity of GnR's work.

Refusing to put WTTJ on Black Hawk Down was without doubt one of the worst things Axl has ever done. Such a huge, critically acclaimed movie that would have cemented the song as a classic rock tune. Instead Axl acts like a petulant child and refuses to let the movie makers use it unless it's a re-recorded version with the new "band". Disgraceful greed and bitterness from Axl Rose again.

What are you doing here?

Knightrider seemed happy to make his own comments, if some of what he says is not completely accurate, well, it's no big deal in my books. Anyway I don't know the truth beneath the things...

In his post, I didn't read insulting words on none of VR's members, on the other hand in your post it's rather clear that you have a problem with Guns n'Roses, I quote: "yes-men","Axl acts like a petulant child", "Disgraceful greed and bitterness from Axl Rose again".

So I repeat my question again: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

On topic: I learned I hope to live to hear Chinese Democracy.

I hadn't heard a rock show in a long time and what I heard was perfect to me.

I also learned that any of the leaks we heard is franckly (sp?) better than what I heard lately.

Thanks GNR. :)

^its the bitterness from the VR fans that Axl just completed a successful tour in europe with GNR. Look how much more fun Izzy was having touring and jamming with Axl and the boys then he was when he jammed with VR the few times he did. That just makes these little slash fanboys want cry and piss their panties :cry:

good question tho.

Remember Axl´s weak voice in 2002 and was scared to death listen to the first Hammesmith cellphone rec.

Can´t describe the feeling when I heard he got it back. And more. I felt so, so released.

That made me adore Axl even more. He was in better shape then ever, the band looked like a band.

Living the rockstar life and come back like he did at the year of 44 shows his strenght. Many people had judge him out after the 02-tour. Some parts even me. I´m glad we were wrong.

The fucker teasing us and twist our minds. Some can´t stand it, some can.

What I´ve learn is that u never know when it´s about Axl.

quote]

Would u need proof to believe it if he "said" those things about Axl? Honestly?

"It sounded too much like old GnR and the band wanted to do something different"

Interesting.

So.. you claiming that even if they never left GnR they would have struggled at another direction?

Wan´t to remember that you have blamed Axl for changing direction which caused the "split".

But I wan´t searh for proof in your posts..

I simply asking you. Did you?

*EDIT*I don´t know but people with your opinions in general, whining about how Axl can´t deliver another appatite. At the same time complaining ´bout the fact that he kept the name. It´s not the NAME that delivered us AFD. It was THAT band. A band who would have changed their direction anyway. Now Axl carry that name so people can bash him for not fulfilling some peoples expectations. Expectations that wouldn´t have been fullfilled anyway. People bash him literally in the name of Guns n Roses.

Can´t stand those double standards.

Edited by shootingstar

^its the bitterness from the VR fans that Axl just completed a successful tour in europe with GNR. Look how much more fun Izzy was having touring and jamming with Axl and the boys then he was when he jammed with VR the few times he did. That just makes these little slash fanboys want cry and piss their panties

Velvet Revolver toured for a year and a half, and were actually doing it to promote new material. Bitter? Keep the laughs coming, Bobby.

Besides, I didn't say anything bad about NuGnR in my post, and I've congratulated Axl on completing the tour in another thread. All I did was take issue with some of the crap knightrider was spreading about former band members. Big deal.

gnr finished a tour and proved that they are a band, why do u have to go bitch about velvet revolver? honestly a real fan would respect both bands.

Yes, they would. I don't see why both bands should be compared with each other (OK I do, but they shouldn't be).

I learn't that GNR are better live than any human being could possibly imagine without being there.

rock4

Very true :)

I've learnt that GN'R are still great :D

The last couple of months have been a frenzy for GnR fans. With the Euro tour completed what is going through your mind? Of everything we've heard, read, and seen, what have you learned? Has the truth gotten clearer? Or, are things more of a blur?

I'll start off with the conclusion: Axl is the heart of GnR. Izzy is Axl's backbone, which makes him the GnR's backbone. Let me articulate my hommies.

1. Once news got out that GnR was starting their tour in NY, the first sign of real life began with the Eddie trunk interview. Oddly, it was Sebastian Bach, a good friend of Axl who got him to come on. What was one of the first thing's Axl said? He started talking about how an old friend (Izzy) might show up at the NY gigs, and then went on to say that the reason UYI had two albums was because "Slash was trying to over the band." Hmm...

2. I never even knew who Sebastian Bach was until Axl carried him on his back. Interestingly, Bach was turned down for the lead singer of VR. Hmm... interesting. What does Axl do? He offers Bach and his band, Skid Row, to tour with GnR!

3. Then, there was the BizWire press release where Axl's management/lawyers claimed that Slash came to Axl's place bad mouthing about his VR band members. Then, there were the infamous encounters where Sorum stalks Axl and wouldn't stop commenting about to this very day. Apparently, there was a big rift in VR.

4. A fan who met Izzy quoted him as saying that "his (Izzy) music went one way, GnR went another ... and Slash was all about fame and money." And I didn't know this, but apparently, when Slash and Duff were writing their music, they had asked Izzy to come contribute. But funny, nothing Izzy contributed to or no credits were ever given to Izzy for anything on Contraband.

Izzy is friend with all the GnR guys, he played with VR (and it happened I was there!!!) and he's playing with Axl now, I don't believe he said SLASH is all about money at all!

6. From all the bootlegs and fan reviews of the concerts, we've learned that GnR has worked hard and put everything they had in their performances. Every one from Stinson to Pitman to Fink has worked their asses off to make GnR the best that it can be so that they could earn the respect of all the old GnR fans. "I want to bring as many of the 'old' GnR fans along as possible', Axl has said. That what's this tour was about - it was about getting the current and old fans to respect GnR. Because we all know that once CD drops, every old fan that chooses to stay with the past (VR), will be replaced with 100 more new fans. Axl is so confident right now, you can tell his swagger is back. It's almost like he's got a secret weapon and when that bomb drops, every one who's ever doubted him or accused him for not following Slash's direction will eat their words.

Apparently they didn't have much...and dude I don't believe Axl is so confident as u said!

Unfortunately Axl is never quite confident or we would have had Korea Democracy, Cuba Democracy and a few others beside Chinese Democracy ...

Also the rumors about VR fights and SLASH and Matt talking about Axl and CD were a blessing for Axl because they helped to create the hype and to have sell out shows

"Refusing to put WTTJ on Black Hawk Down was without doubt one of the worst things Axl has ever done. Such a huge, critically acclaimed movie that would have cemented the song as a classic rock tune. Instead Axl acts like a petulant child and refuses to let the movie makers use it unless it's a re-recorded version with the new "band". Disgraceful greed and bitterness from Axl Rose again."

Funniest thing I have read all day!

'Cemented it as a classic rock tune'!!!!

I am afraid it was cemented as a classic rock tune a long time before Black Hawk Down was released my friend. If you remember it when it was released as a single, it got more airplay on the radio and in Clubs than any other rock song I can remember. It is still played now, so surely it must be a classic?

Edited by Blunoze

So this topic is just a self agrandizing circle jerk by NuGNR fans? Yes the band did good on this tour, yes they sold a lot of tickets, yes the GNR name is back on people's lips.

So why is every second sentence is about bashing VR, and why? what do they have to do with a GNR european tour?

I mean, aside from all the TV ads and posters advertising Guns N Roses that showed Slash and Duff in them...

But,

Never once did Axl mention his former bandmates, or Velvet Revolver onstage or in interviews. Shows he's more mature and grown up now than even in 2002. Too bad you can't say the same of his fans.

So this topic is just a self agrandizing circle jerk by NuGNR fans? Yes the band did good on this tour, yes they sold a lot of tickets, yes the GNR name is back on people's lips.

So why is every second sentence is about bashing VR, and why? what do they have to do with a GNR european tour?

I mean, aside from all the TV ads and posters advertising Guns N Roses that showed Slash and Duff in them...

But,

Never once did Axl mention his former bandmates, or Velvet Revolver onstage or in interviews. Shows he's more mature and grown up now than even in 2002. Too bad you can't say the same of his fans.

Very, very true. Also, I'm glad you cleared up the fact that Bach is NOT in Skid Row. Skid Row has almost disintegrated without Sebastian.

What have I learned? The band has energy, and at first, I was pretty much counting out this band as having any sort of chemistry, but they proved me wrong. The band gels well right now, and they could reach their peak with a great album release. Just one plea to Axl Rose: Please don't allow the momentum to fade. This is the chance that the band must embrace.

ive learned nothing at all. congrats axl, you completed a tour, wow, who'd ever think that a band should get congratulated for completing a tour? ok, yea he played a couple new songs and alot of the old songs everyone loved. I don't know about you guys, but he did jack shit for me, i live in the United States, so a tour half way across the world does jack shit. the bootlegs weren't great, sure i saw some pictures, but in the past couple monthes, he STILL hasnt givin his fans something to look foward too. shit we dont even know dates for the american leg of his tour, we dont know anything about his GREAT Chiense Democracy. soo i guess i learned that axl hasnt changed much in the past couple years.

Edited by gnrfan4life3690

5. Of course, there was also that lawsuit that Slash and Duff tried to file against Axl because they "lost millions in potential revenue" because Axl wouldn't agree to allow GnR's songs in certain movie soundtracks. According to Axl, he wasn't going to sellout to make a quick million and ruin the integrity of GnR's work. The lawsuit was later dropped because Slash and Duff didn't have their glasses on and were in the wrong. Ain't it also funny how VR has contributed 3 or 4 songs to be sound tracks in movies. Hmmm...interesting.

thats a very good post but:

BACH is no longer in SKID ROW

i dont recall hearing of/about SORUM stalking AXL

credit was given to IZZY in CONTRABAND, just read the thankyou notes and IZYY is right at the end

you spelt PIT(T)MAN wrong