The Black Crowes vs. The Faces

adnan

Boogie rock  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't put the Stones because they'd win by a mile.

I pick the Crowes. They were the most soulful, imaginative, creative, and professional band to come out of the 80's and 90's. Superb band, and severely underrated by the public.

I pick the Crowes. They were the most soulful, imaginative, creative, and professional band to come out of the 80's and 90's. Superb band, and severely underrated by the public.

I just saw them 2 months ago, they're still all those things.

I saw them in may. They were unbelievably superb on stage.

i saw them in June! i'd give the edge to the Crowes because they are more defined. i always got the sense that The Faces never really found their identity, although they made some outstanding music. Rod always had his eye on a solo career and was even starting his solo career during his time in Faces. i think that took away from their cohesiveness. Ron Wood is a cool guitarist, but the Marc Ford and Chris Robinson are so good. The Black Crowes are a dream that came true and The Faces were an influential spark in time that layed ground for more polished acts, like the Crowes, to follow.

i saw them in June! i'd give the edge to the Crowes because they are more defined. i always got the sense that The Faces never really found their identity, although they made some outstanding music. Rod always had his eye on a solo career and was even starting his solo career during his time in Faces. i think that took away from their cohesiveness. Ron Wood is a cool guitarist, but the Marc Ford and Chris Robinson are so good. The Black Crowes are a dream that came true and The Faces were an influential spark in time that layed ground for more polished acts, like the Crowes, to follow.

When someone asks me for my favorite Stones guitarist, I say Ron Wood, best solos in the Stones, even though the music wasn't all that great during the 80's.

The Crowes are amazing. "Blackberry" & "Jealous Again" are a dream come true for us boogie rock fans. It's heavy, yet so rythmic and exciting to listen to.

^^^^glad to see someone voted for The Faces. i wanted to, but i really do like the Crowes better. but The Faces are criminally overlooked by the rock world. if i could only tell a kid about 5 rock bands in history, they'd be one of 'em. they were an essential band.

i'm not affiliated in any way, but there is a web site called yourmusic.com and you can buy their 4 cd box set "Five Guys Walk Into A Bar" for $23.97, brand new. i got it and it's one of the greatest treasures in my music collection.