"Oh My God"

wasted

I think it's funny how Axl just says what he means in songs then people just misunderstand or don't even get a clue to what the lyrics mean because he's not specific. Like Dead Horse on UYI - for a long time I didn't really know what he was saying, now I understand!!!

With Oh My God, I think he just described the situation with band and not only ex-members but the general business side to it. Is that what everyone else got. I just think it's such an anthem for the new band and should be in the live sets. But really I was wondering if this was the meaning you got from the song?

It's basically a mini rant with a chorus?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought the song was extremelly poor but Axl's lyrics are fuckin' brilliant in it. It sounds like 'Disco Inferno' mixed with 'Dig' by Mudvayne. For me the message has always been that I should turn it off and listen to something else but you know what Ill give it another listen to.

I always thought it was a pretty good song and wondered why no one else seemed to metion it much. I was actually just listening to it before I saw this post. Its definitely different but its good to have some variation anyways.

Wasn't Dave Navarro lead guitar on that track?

This should answer your question:

Oh My God Featured on the "End of Days" movie soundtrack back in 1999. Parts of the song by Paul "Huge" Tobias, Gary Sunshine, Dave Navarro and Robin Finck.

I love the song. I think others didn't because it was such a shock to hear something so different form them without being prepared for how different GnR's new music was going to be. If it came out now, everyone would love it. But, it came out 7 years ago and the world wasn't ready. I think the song is amazing, and yeah, definitely top 5 best lyrics ever.

People just weren't ready for GnR to be so different.

-Rob

I really like Oh My God, I love the "oohh"s of Axl toward the end hehe, it's got great rythm and makes you wanna move, the hook is great and the lyrics are even better

the only thing that makes me turn my back to this song and not listen to it as much as I would want to is the poor production, it sounds so raw and the effects used on Axl's voice tire me at the end..