BACK WITH 2 GUITARS?

rockstar81

i can't see any other guitarist being accepted in gnr by the general public other than slash

does anyone outside of these forums no who finck is? i dont no anyone that does

in 1985 how many people who knew slash was? imo buckethead was the only guitarist well known before joining guns n roses. Slash is the most well known now but it took two small albums, three big albums and a cover album. Finck has work on one unreleased album. See why hes not well known today?

it would probably be better if they made an official statement to who was exactly in the band,

instead of fooling the people who still think its the original line up

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction: Finck has worked on one unreleased album with GNR. Other than that he has worked with NIN and other projects.

And just because Axl isn't a great singer live does not mean that he isn't a great singer. I'd love to see anyone run around like he used to and be able to sing Out Ta Get Me note perfect!. This tour is the best I've heard Axl's voice in over a decade (and I'm confident that many people agree with me).

Edited by Thorne

whoever said Axl being a bad singer is a fact not an opinion needs to look up the definition of the word fact and opinion. :fuckyou:

and whoever said they need 2 to replace Slash, that is not the case. Axl has wanted 3 guitarists in the band since 1994, something Gilby has verified as a reason he left/got himself fired. He wants to bring a few different styles together.

Finck - replaces Slash, came in almost right after Slash left. Plays about 60% of the leads.

Richard - replaces Izzys role, but gets about 5 or 6 solos also.

Bumble/Bucket - something extra, plays about 30% of the leads.

Nah, 2 guitarists isnt enough to replace Slash

Why?

Sarcasm, I really think 2 is enough. I dont see the point in haveing 3 guitarists play songs written for 2 guitarists, but whatever, they probably need Ron for the new songs more than anything else but they just had to bring him along on tour.

Axl's never been a good singer live, why do you expect him to be now?

That made me laugh, a lot!! :lol:

Be careful when you use the word NEVER!! ;)

OK - point made about the use of the word never. I did hear a part of Rocket Queen from this tour where he actually sounded great. The point is, there are a few times where he sounds good, but he's not a great singer live and wasn't even in his younger days. They/he re-recorded his voice on the live era for a reason. It's about Axl the frontman, not Axl the opera singer.

stupid fuckhead. Nobody can sing like Axl!Slash cant even play fuckin guitar, but he have that amazing feel. Technical hes nothin compare to the new guys

Slash cant even play fuckin guitar, but he have that amazing feel. Technical hes nothin compare to the new guys

And yet he's co-written some of the best riffs/songs of all time in rock. AFD, Lies, and UYI will live on.

And he did it despite being "technical nothing" compared to the new guys.

Technical isn't everything...

Edited by moreblack

Why?

Sarcasm, I really think 2 is enough. I dont see the point in haveing 3 guitarists play songs written for 2 guitarists, but whatever, they probably need Ron for the new songs more than anything else but they just had to bring him along on tour.

Many old songs have 1 lead guitar line and 2 rythm ones, but in the studio Slash could lay down two lines at the same time. Live, he can't (obviously) pull it off. That's why Axl wanted a 3rd guitarist back in 1994.

stupid fuckhead. Nobody can sing like Axl!Slash cant even play fuckin guitar, but he have that amazing feel. Technical hes nothin compare to the new guys

I beg to differ with both of your claims..

you-tube is down..otherwise I'd post you a few links of coverbands that can sing just as good as Axl..

:lol::lol: HA!!!!..

that Slash part made me laugh though..

seriously..I cant stop.. :lol::lol: !!..

you say "technically hes nothing compared to the new guys."

how can you say this..when there playing shit that Slash wrote??.. :drevil:

and, Slash can play guitar...

and, I agree with Mango...

I've heard some cover bands that sound more like Guns n Roses than the one that just got done touring Europe.

Axl is (not was, is) a great frontman, but his singing is average at best. I still can't figure out why people get so defensive over that. It's not like he suddenly forgot how to sing - it was never his strong point. Nobody is good at everything, not even Axl Rose.

I beg to differ with both of your claims..

you-tube is down..otherwise I'd post you a few links of coverbands that can sing just as good as Axl..

:lol::lol: HA!!!!..

that Slash part made me laugh though..

seriously..I cant stop.. :lol::lol: !!..

you say "technically hes nothing compared to the new guys."

how can you say this..when there playing shit that Slash wrote??.. :drevil:

and, Slash can play guitar...

and, I agree with Mango...

I've heard some cover bands that sound more like Guns n Roses than the one that just got done touring Europe.

Axl is (not was, is) a great frontman, but his singing is average at best. I still can't figure out why people get so defensive over that. It's not like he suddenly forgot how to sing - it was never his strong point. Nobody is good at everything, not even Axl Rose.

Axl has and always has had a great vocie, aka the blues... you may not prefer the rasp, but that is Axl Rose and rock, axl can sing quite high strong and on tone as we saw in 2002 <_< and see how that was, i sing "head vocie" as well, which is a nasal rasp and there is a reason for lack of breath, it drains you much more then say falsetto. Axl has i believe more then 4 and half maybe 5 octaves, so don't say he ain't a great singer cause he is

Slash cant even play fuckin guitar, but he have that amazing feel. Technical hes nothin compare to the new guys

actually, slash is technically wonderful (don't damn me, NR anyone?), and only one of the new guys is techically better (ron). even the SCOM solo is seriously technical, which is why robin dumbed it down.

so don't be so quick to bash technicality. well, unless you're talking about batio.

i can't see any other guitarist being accepted in gnr by the general public other than slash

does anyone outside of these forums no who finck is? i dont no anyone that does

in 1985 how many people who knew slash was? imo buckethead was the only guitarist well known before joining guns n roses. Slash is the most well known now but it took two small albums, three big albums and a cover album. Finck has work on one unreleased album. See why hes not well known today?

it would probably be better if they made an official statement to who was exactly in the band,

instead of fooling the people who still think its the original line up

What are you talking about? Statements go through the band line up in every press release regarding gigs etc? All the UK arena sites highlighted the band members before people bought tickets.

Guns N' Roses - whose shows at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom sold out in less than 3 minutes - have reclaimed the throne that was always theirs. From stellar reviews to audience adulation, Guns N' Roses' New York shows proved that they are back in a big way.

Concert goers weren't let down as Axl Rose and band mates Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar), Robin Finck (guitar), Chris Pitman (keyboard), Dizzy Reed (keyboard), Brain (drums) and new guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (who has only been in the band for two weeks!) burned through Guns N' Roses classics such as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Paradise City," "My Michelle," "Mr. Brownstone," "November Rain" and "Sweet Child O' Mine." The final show at Hammerstein found the band joined by one time Guns' guitarist Izzy Stradlin on "Think About You," "Patience" and "Night Train".

http://www.metroradioarena.co.uk/events/pr...fm?eventid=1026

R.

Axl has and always has had a great vocie, aka the blues... you may not prefer the rasp, but that is Axl Rose and rock, axl can sing quite high strong and on tone as we saw in 2002 <_< and see how that was, i sing "head vocie" as well, which is a nasal rasp and there is a reason for lack of breath, it drains you much more then say falsetto. Axl has i believe more then 4 and half maybe 5 octaves, so don't say he ain't a great singer cause he is

Four and a half to five octaves? :rofl-lol: Don't talk bollocks

I like his voice as well, but he has no where near that range

actually, slash is technically wonderful (don't damn me, NR anyone?), and only one of the new guys is techically better (ron). even the SCOM solo is seriously technical, which is why robin dumbed it down.

so don't be so quick to bash technicality. well, unless you're talking about batio.

S'ok, don't bother with him quadlaser. It's obvious the dude don't know jack shit about guitar.

Do you think the newGNR will return onstage with 2 guitars and be more a "real band" than "Axl and his thousands of musicians"?

I saw the band live, it was good, BUT 3 guitar players was too much. Pointless. Not necessary. Sometimes, you heard a guitar solo, but there were so much people onstage that you didn"t know who was playing it :question:

It was quite embarrassing, I hope the band will return with 2 players, Richard on lead with Robin - 50/50 - they will look more like a "band" onstage, tigher, better than ever.

Let's be A BAND rock2

Does every thread you make have to be some kind of anti Buckethead/Thal or anti 3 guitarist moronic piece of puke? SHUT THE FUCK UP.

As far as the Finck discussion goes, he's a good solo/song writer but an awful live guitarist. He isn't even average, he's below that. Sloppy as hell.

To the guy who said Axl has never had a good live voice... ARE YOU INSANE? Back in the day, Axl had easily the best voice in hard rock.

Slash is fuckin' awesome! But... he's gone. I agree with whoever said that Ron is there to play mainly on the new songs. I don't know why Axl wants shredding in his new songs... While it's awesome at points i.e. 'There Was A Time' it's also a tad over-indulgent and pointless. But that's Axl all over ain't it? ;)

I disagree that Robin 'dumbs' down the 'Sweet Child' solo, I think he puts his own twist on every one of the solos so it doesn't appear that they are merely a cover band. I don't know why there is a vendetta against Robin, people talk like he has no ability what-so-ever but clearly he does. Those people are stupid and think that they know best.

I don't know why there is a vendetta against Robin, people talk like he has no ability what-so-ever but clearly he does. Those people are stupid and think that they know best.

Fuck, ask any decent guitar player if they think Robin is a good live player and they'll all tell you he's pretty poor. I accept he's a good writer, Better is a great song and his solo rocks but as a live player, he leaves much to be desired.

Robin sounds fine playing gnr songs, but his little solos he does sound god awful to me. definately the low point of a gnr show. like that solo he plays before PC, that sounds just terrrible and anyone who thinks it sounds good must be smoking crack. But, when he does solos in, say, SCOM, they sound fine. Keep Bumblefoot. Keep all 3, but if one has to go, make it Robin.

Why?

Many old songs have 1 lead guitar line and 2 rythm ones, but in the studio Slash could lay down two lines at the same time. Live, he can't (obviously) pull it off. That's why Axl wanted a 3rd guitarist back in 1994.

Nah, when Slash wasnt soloing he played rythm, thus the two rythm parts in the old songs. When Slash solos there is only one rythm guitarist playing, Izzy or Gilby.