Do you think they expected to sell out Europe?

Axl_morris

I mean think outside of us diehard at mygnr and look at it from a public perspective...

- No new album in 13 years

- They never toured Europe in 13 years (excluding one or two here and there in 2002)

- A new band

For the vast majority of the fans that attended it was the first time hearing the new band. Do you think GNR took this into account? Were they expecting to sell out the venues? I mean they even added an extra Wembley date.

Edited by Axl_morris

i think they expected some to sell out but not others

they looked surprised at how great a receptionthey got and the size of the crowd in ireland

They looked like that in Finland too and we got a second gig in here because the first one was sould out in less than 5 mins. ;)

probably not...but the real test will be when the record is out and they tour Europe again! sometimes next year..hopefully!

am glad that the tour was successful...and all the people who got to se this band,(kick ass all over Europe rock2) had nothing but good things to say! with the exception of jerk-off reviewers who couldn't get past old GNR! :lol:

Most of the shows were sold out, weren't they? :unsure:

They all were. That's the point, did they expect that?

No they wern't.

At the four UK dates I was at:Manchester was sold out! Sheffield had aound 1,000 seats available. Newcastle looked about 500 seats available Nottingham looked about 5oo seats available.

Still bloody impressive though...

UK SUBS.

Well I never knew that. But it is impressive for the UK. I mean they played alot of dates in the UK and for such a small nation and for the reasons I said I was impressed they sold to much.

No they wern't.

At the four UK dates I was at:Manchester was sold out! Sheffield had aound 1,000 seats available. Newcastle looked about 500 seats available Nottingham looked about 5oo seats available.

Still bloody impressive though...

UK SUBS.

Well I never knew that. But it is impressive for the UK. I mean they played alot of dates in the UK and for such a small nation and for the reasons I said I was impressed they sold to much.

they didnt sell out.?

The only band to sell the MEN out this year was RHCP, Gn'R had about 300 seats available up in the sky at the back.

Not bad going when you compare how active the two bands have been in the last decade or so.

R.

The only band to sell the MEN out this year was RHCP, Gn'R had about 300 seats available up in the sky at the back.

Not bad going when you compare how active the two bands have been in the last decade or so.

R.

how many does the MEN hold.

R.

17.245 seats according to WorldStadiums.com

M.

I actually agree with Funral. The real question will be how the new album does.

This tour was like a shot of nostalgia for people who wanted to see Axl up there again performing the old songs. Are people gonna want to see the new band up there performing totally new stuff with a lot of those old songs off the setlist? I really wonder how much GN'R would draw if they played 20 new songs and no Jungle, no PC, no SCOM, no NR, no RQ, no Patience, etc. That's the ultimate test for this band - but I don't think they would ever actually get rid of all the old songs. They are going to have to dump some of them eventually though - especially if they actually release more than one album.

I actually agree with Funral. The real question will be how the new album does.

This tour was like a shot of nostalgia for people who wanted to see Axl up there again performing the old songs. Are people gonna want to see the new band up there performing totally new stuff with a lot of those old songs off the setlist? I really wonder how much GN'R would draw if they played 20 new songs and no Jungle, no PC, no SCOM, no NR, no RQ, no Patience, etc. That's the ultimate test for this band - but I don't think they would ever actually get rid of all the old songs. They are going to have to dump some of them eventually though - especially if they actually release more than one album.

They will always play WTTJ, NR, SCOM and PC that's quite sure..

I mean think outside of us diehard at mygnr and look at it from a public perspective...

- No new album in 13 years

- They never toured Europe in 13 years (excluding one or two here and there in 2002)

- A new band

For the vast majority of the fans that attended it was the first time hearing the new band. Do you think GNR took this into account? Were they expecting to sell out the venues? I mean they even added an extra Wembley date.

see, that's the difference about Axl Rose and other singers

Who knows, from what I hear they advertised the old lineup.

thats true actually, not in words but from what i saw there was pictures of the originals on adverts

and in dublin at first it was advertised as motley crue and guns n roses

Who knows, from what I hear they advertised the old lineup.

thats true actually, not in words but from what i saw there was pictures of the originals on adverts

and in dublin at first it was advertised as motley crue and guns n roses

Yeah, I remember that now. Some of the other Irish forum members posted scaned GNR and Motley Crue adverts and adverts with Slash and Izzy on them. Wierd stuff.

I don't know if it's true, but I heard that with the old line'up Gn'R used to sell all the tickets in about 15-20 minutes. Anyway, it's still very impressive that they had so many sold out venues. I bet they didn't expect that. Not after 13 years of silence. This should motivate them release the album this year. Release the album Axl!

Not everyone is as updated about GnR as us lot. Some people I know were surprised that it wasn't the old lineup-they just bought the cds and liked the music, they never looked at the history of the band. It's not such a big shock that they are selling out venues because people who are fans of the old lineup come to hear the music that they love. If this band were under a different name or they were only playing the new songs, they probably wouldn't be selling out venues.

R.

17.245 seats according to WorldStadiums.com

19,500 for end stage gigs with standing.

R.

I think they didn´t expect a sold out tour but they knew that depending on the places they would sell very well. And they got very surprised at the reaction of all the audiences. Not all the shows were sold out but had a very good attendance and the whole tour has been a huge success they sure didn´t expect. :heart:

I don't know, but I'm quite sure, the Swiss concert was also not sold out. I guess they had about 11'000-12'000 spectators and the "Hallenstadion" holds about 13'000 people. But maybe not all people could go to the concert, because it was postponed, because I read in a newspaper before the concert, that it was almost sold out. And somewhere I read, there were 13'000 people, but I'm quite sure, there weren't more than 12'000.

Edited by Iceman24