Why no sellout yet?

batman007

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. And they just put Guns & Roses on things for fun? Or the publicity department just got the name of the band wrong? Face it, that ain't one single mistake. It's in their logo, for Christ's sake.

Axl changed the name JUST ENOUGH that former band members can't have any recourse to sue him when Chinese Democracy becomes the biggest selling album around (in Axl's fantasy world). He's covering his ass there. Just being careful, I bet.

Yet their official shirts say "GUNS N' ROSES" above the logo? I bought one this year.

exactly..i bought th 06 shirt at hammerstein and its still guns n fuckin roses.

Looks like people are jumping on them now that the SF show sold out so quickly. The Satuday show only has "standing room only balcony" remaining. And the Sunday show is at "Floor 9."

And for those talking about the high price, it's VEGAS! What is $150 in Las Vegas?

I live in Vegas and I got tickets for Motley Crue for $100.00 and sold them for

$300.00. Depeche Mode tickets for god sakes were over $100.00 and let me tell you,

Both these shows sold out in a matter of hours. Nobody here cares about the fake GNR.

Hell the morning show KOMP 92.3 bashes AXL all the time. Not a good sign for concert or album

promotion do you think?

Looks like people are jumping on them now that the SF show sold out so quickly. The Satuday show only has "standing room only balcony" remaining. And the Sunday show is at "Floor 9."

i knew that was gonna happen. B)

And for those talking about the high price, it's VEGAS! What is $150 in Las Vegas?

150.00 isnt much at all for a ticket to see him in such a personal setting, its all the money that you need to go along with that when you travel from east coast, hotel,food,gas, blah.blah.blah

How is this being billed as the start of a "tour?" Didn't Axl say on KROQ that these were only warm up shows for a US tour? Warmup, meaning a tour is forthcoming in the future... not starting now...

Also, perhaps a reason for the shows not selling out so quickly yet are the fact that there hasn't been much promotion for them. I mean, honestly, do you really think that Axl is going to use venues holding only about 1500 people as the main locations for a tour? Sure, you can reply to that statement with something like "well in 02 he had a hard time selling out bigger arenas so he has to resort to using smaller ones..." but last time there wasn't nearly as much muscle behind the train as there is now- i.e., a new album coming out sometime within the next 4 to 6 months... Yes, I think it is clear that these are truly just warm-up shows and if they haven't sold out yet, it is only because he is choosing not to have them promoted as massively as he would a larger scale tour to promote CD.

its very simple, we already seen this show in 2002, why go again? Fot the 10000000000000000000 time, Just be a band, release an album (of new original material) and tour with it. EVERY OTHER band has this concept down and it works fine.

Axl wants this album to be the biggest and best and it will kill his ego (a little) if it doesnt go over well, i think hes just stalling for that reason. but damn the new songs that ive heard are good- come on already Axl.

Edited by pebbles

its very simple, we already seen this show in 2002, why go again? Fot the 10000000000000000000 time, Just be a band, release an album (of new original material) and tour with it. EVERY OTHER band has this concept down and it works fine.

Axl wants this album to be the biggest and best and it will kill his ego (a little) if it doesnt go over well, i think hes just stalling for that reason. but damn the new songs that ive heard are good- come on already Axl.

I agree with you, and that makes it even worse. These new songs are good, and if they are just a taste of what is to come, than this is going to be a very good album. But the longer he waits, the more people are going to expect something that cant be delivered.

150.00 isnt much at all for a ticket to see him in such a personal setting, its all the money that you need to go along with that when you travel from east coast, hotel,food,gas, blah.blah.blah

I agree, I would definatly pay 150 to see this, since it such a small venue. But having to pay to fly all the way from the eastcoast, theres just no way I could do it.

i'm not trying to bash axl, but you are absolutely right.

Maybe people are holding out for a show in their town, instead of travelling from across the country.

thats totally another point i wanted to make.

Well consider this....how many teenage fans do you know have $150.00 to blow on these tickets.

I do, but I chose Hammerstein instead

edit: let me also add, tickets for the stones on this tour - $275, and thats in a fucking stadium

and they won't put on half the show GN'R does

Stones have pretty much the same lineup since their beginning(except for Wood), plus the core stones fan base is in their 40s and 50s and probably have a ton of money stashed away

Edited by Slashthemutt

That's just way overpriced. The only way I'm dragging my ass to a gnr concert is if Axl releases the album or if the setlist is completely overhauled to include more new songs and/or more illusion era songs. People are sick and fucking tired of AFD songs being played. It was heard in 02 and again in 06.... nobody is going to shell out 150 for Out ta get me and My Michelle...now Don't Cry, Breakdown, Locomotive, Right next door to hell,etc....well that's a different story...

agree same set list is getting boring, saw them in 02 and twice in may, but after awhile it gets dull,, to the rest of you guys seeing them have fun especially if its your first time seeing them, but I just dont think I can take the same set over and over,,, I dont know why he isnt playing the use your illusion stuff

I don't see the big deal,you spend 150 bucks at the grocers nowdays,why not have a good time and rock out? I'm going!

You spend 150 dollars at the grocers?? d'you buy solid gold eggs and bacon?

It's £80 that's not THAT expensive?!!!

It is expensive for a concert, and it would put off (almost) everyone that isn't mad into them, so I can understand the tickets selling slowly.

LP

In my opinion, it is the flight and all incedentals that would go with getting to vegas is the deal breaker. The $150 ticket is priceless if you are going to see them in such a intimate setting. I couldn't grab a flight for less then $300 and was going to stay up for 48 hours just so the whole end price would be less then $1,000 for 2 people.

I am not going based on the price, and that I traveled to see them in New york and scored 2 shows there. So really it came down to spending that much to see the same thing that i already did 2x back in May?? But I would still be having the same problem if tickets were $50 a piece because there are no flight deals. So the price of the tickets isn't what is keeping people away.....at least that is what I think.

I opted not.

They aren't selling fast becaue Vegas is a fucking rip-off that weekend. Most hotel rooms are expensive and flights aren't cheap either. I paid over $400.00 to fly there from Atlanta. I've been going out to Las Vegas infrequently over the past few years and used to be able to fly there for $200- $250 or so. This trip will cost me at least $1,000.00 before the gambling. Hopefully, I'll win at the tables that weekend and recover the money spent on the show.

I don't see the big deal,you spend 150 bucks at the grocers nowdays,why not have a good time and rock out? I'm going!

You spend 150 dollars at the grocers?? d'you buy solid gold eggs and bacon?

It's £80 that's not THAT expensive?!!!

It is expensive for a concert, and it would put off (almost) everyone that isn't mad into them, so I can understand the tickets selling slowly.

LP

£80 at the grocers, man alive!!

the price is barmy for a concert, for $150 id want some sort of blow job at the end of it or a steak.