Do you think GNR are touring to get footage for a video?

Axl_morris

Usually bands tour to promote their album. So, do you think the europian tour and possible the US tour is for video footage for videos for the new songs?

Lets face it GNR always toured before they brought an album out. And there music videos always had live footage. Or most did anyway. I don't think they would use 2002 footage and all there style has changed and with Buckethead not being in the band anymore.

So perhaps the tour was to show the public that GNR are around, to get footage for videos and to build hype?

So it does make sense how we never got a single released on the europian tour or before it. Thoughts?

Usually bands tour to promote their album. So, do you think the europian tour and possible the US tour is for video footage for videos for the new songs?

Lets face it GNR always toured before they brought an album out. And there music videos always had live footage. Or most did anyway. I don't think they would use 2002 footage and all there style has changed and with Buckethead not being in the band anymore.

So perhaps the tour was to show the public that GNR are around, to get footage for videos and to build hype?

So it does make sense how we never got a single released on the europian tour or before it. Thoughts?

you make a good point i think axl will start reaviling new information if the U.S tour goes weel as the european tour

I think that's what the Hammerstein shows (partly) were for. Remember that Axl wore the exact same thing during all four shows. Not one change of clothes at all. I guess they will use some footage from the Euro tour as well, but I think most of it will be Hammerstein footage.

Also, as we all know they were filming for a DVD. Can't remember where I saw it but I read somewhere that Chi Dem would be on Dual Disc, which as far as I know means CD and DVD format on one disc. Maybe they'll include the first video on the album.

Personally I'd love to see a special edition of the album with a whole bunch of extras thrown in.

i reckon ;)

:laugh: You should charge for that type of insight!

On topic, I do believe it'll be full of tour footage and some other stuff. When I used to think of new Guns N' Roses videos I thought they would be fool of animated footage. For example, at Rio 2001 how the footage at the beginning depicted Axl to be much younger than he was.

I don't know why people believe that by Axl wearing the same attire for all 4 NYC shows it means that they were filming from that. I think a video would look much cooler showing him in all different clothes from all around Europe.

Guest cherry_bomb
I'd be 99% sure they'll use live footage for the first single.

Kbear hit the nail on the head with regards to Hammerstein - all the band members wore the same clothes for a reason!

I also think part of the UK tour will be used as official footage also.

UK SUBS.

here's to hoping!! rock3 the hammersmith footage would be good, tho i dont wanna see myself on the barrier looking like a sweaty mentalist.

i reckon ;)

:laugh: You should charge for that type of insight!

On topic, I do believe it'll be full of tour footage and some other stuff. When I used to think of new Guns N' Roses videos I thought they would be fool of animated footage. For example, at Rio 2001 how the footage at the beginning depicted Axl to be much younger than he was.

I don't know why people believe that by Axl wearing the same attire for all 4 NYC shows it means that they were filming from that. I think a video would look much cooler showing him in all different clothes from all around Europe.

Depends what sort of video they are making. If it's one like Dead Horse they can use footage from all shows. But if they want to convey that the song is all from a single performance then they can't have any change of clothes. What other reason can you find for the band not changing attire at all during these shows?

Anyways, it's just a theory at this point.

Edited by KBear

I'd be 99% sure they'll use live footage for the first single.

Kbear hit the nail on the head with regards to Hammerstein - all the band members wore the same clothes for a reason!

I also think part of the UK tour will be used as official footage also.

UK SUBS.

Actually, only Axl wore the same clothes:

FIRST NIGHT:

42.jpg

22.jpg

OTHER NIGHT:

gnrwall2fb.jpg

Edited by mynameisjonas