"Better" studio version played on radio

jowe

G'day guys.

I did a quick search for this topic , but couldn't see anyone mention it. But today at 11:30 on Australian Radio station Triplelsewhereydney, played Better, the studio version since it was so clear and sounded fully mastered.. I managed to record it on my mp3 player ( thank god for Creative's inbuilt fm receiver :P ) ..

Just thought you guys would like to know.. other people from Australia who listen to triple m would probably have heard it too. :shades:

Axl's voice sounded great :o was quite surprised at how good it sounded, since i've already seen/heard the live concerts..

Edited by jowe

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost certain that it wasn't the leak. It didn't sound like a drum machine and was the full track.

3:40 or was the running time.

3:40 can't be right.

The leak is about five minutes long, as are the live performances

I realize you're probably afraid to post a link, but could you at least describe it? Was Bucket's shredding on there or not? Did it differ from the leak in any way other than having real drums?

I'm almost certain that it wasn't the leak. It didn't sound like a drum machine and was the full track.

This is true. But this would also support the claim that it's not the leak, by it being shorter.

Yeh..

the solo starts at 2:11. and finishes at 2:30 there's the use of the killswitch in it. Sounds like buckethead..

I dunno I could totally be wrong.. which is entirely possible.

But it doesn't like sudddenly get cut off, but does actually just slow down naturally at under 4minutes.

This is true. But this would also support the claim that it's not the leak, by it being shorter.

Why would the studio version be a full minute shorter than the live version? :unsure:

Unless Axl is getting REALLY tricky with us.

Why would the studio version be a full minute shorter than the live version? :unsure:

Maybe to make it easier for radios to play.. but reading his comment above you makes me think its the leak.

Sweet Child O' Mine is a lot shorter on radio than on the album etc

I did not know that.

no its not, just the original single version is, around here when i request it, they play the AFD version

no its not, just the original single version is, around here when i request it, they play the AFD version

It depends on the station. Some cut out parts to make it easier to play and such.

It depends on the station. Some cut out parts to make it easier to play and such.

then thats dumb...cause they'd play november rain in its entirety...and its longer then SCOM