"Better" studio version played on radio

jowe

I'm almost certain that it wasn't the leak. It didn't sound like a drum machine and was the full track.

3:40 or was the running time.

3:40 can't be right.

The leak is about five minutes long, as are the live performances

This is true. But this would also support the claim that it's not the leak, by it being shorter.

Why would the studio version be a full minute shorter than the live version? :unsure:

Unless Axl is getting REALLY tricky with us.

Sweet Child O' Mine is a lot shorter on radio than on the album etc

no its not, just the original single version is, around here when i request it, they play the AFD version

It depends on the station. Some cut out parts to make it easier to play and such.

then thats dumb...cause they'd play november rain in its entirety...and its longer then SCOM

There used to be a station here that cut out from the first solo all the way to the start of the second solo, and completely skipped the outro around here. For NR I'm talking

The station got changed to country recently :lol:

Edited by kevin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

around here they play a really shortened version! :xmassrudolph: even part of the solo is cut out n stuff, i've heard it a couple times aswel. ah well, and i wasn't bein' a dick Spud Jr, just sayin what i know :)

well, thats stupid

time to switch radio stations then!

Kevin, you're probably referring to Q106 in Lansing which still does exactly what you said about cutting out the solos. The version they consistently play is no more than 60 percent of the real original song, it sucks. Btw, I go to MSU but got into U of M, so your sig. doesn't apply to all people :) .

Edited by gunsnaxls

i just noticed that you said it fades out at the end! i've heard it. im positive i've heard it. cause it was a lot shorter than the 5 minute version, im pretty sure it cuts out on the second more slower solo? or at the very beginning of it? am i right?

Edited by AS_Warlock

i just noticed that you said it fades out at the end! i've heard it! im positive i've heard it! cause it was a lot shorter than the 5 minute version

exactly, its one of the leaks we got before the full version was leaked

Kevin, you're probably referring to Q106 in Lansing which still does exactly what you said about cutting out the solos. The version they consistently play is no more than 60 percent of the real originaly song, it sucks. Btw, I go to MSU but got into U of M, so your sig. doesn't apply to all people :) .

Haha no I''m refering to 106.7 the drive! But now they changed to 106.7 the fox..

I got my sig from face book ^_^ and I know a few people who did exactly what you did with going to MSU. It's all in good fun IMO. But yeah we're gonna smoke you guys in the Big House this year, sorry to have to tell you that :P .

i just noticed that you said it fades out at the end! i've heard it! im positive i've heard it! cause it was a lot shorter than the 5 minute version

exactly, its one of the leaks we got before the full version was leaked

yup, sounds like it..*sighs*

Well I don't know about you Jowe, but I definetly know what I heard this morning on Triple M up here in Brisbane and it was what you would call a "butchered" version of the Better demo, which I have been listening to constantly for the last couple of months.

It had to of been a radio edit of some sort or something, because there were whole parts of the track missing including the outro and such.

I don't know what the go is, but although it was truly exciting to just happen to be standing by the radio and hearing this track being played for the first time, it was truly dissapointing to hear this butchered radio edit.

After they played the track though, they had like a radio promo voice or whatever that said, "New Guns N Roses, Better, from Chinese Democracy".

They then played some snippets of listeners ringing in with their opinions of the track, which makes me think this had of been played at some time before today, because how else would they already have 4 or 5 people's edited comments ready to play on air straight after the track was played?

Anyway, I guess this must be the year, but boo to that radio edit.

^ No point quoting me buddy, I heard it hours ago and I was trying to work at the same time and hear the radio with power tools and all sorts of shit going off in the background.

Maybe they just said "Guns N Roses" and not with the 'new' in front of it. Either way, who really cares.

around here they play a really shortened version! :xmassrudolph: even part of the solo is cut out n stuff, i've heard it a couple times aswel. ah well, and i wasn't bein' a dick Spud Jr, just sayin what i know :)

Ha! No problem. :)

^ No point quoting me buddy, I heard it hours ago and I was trying to work at the same time and hear the radio with power tools and all sorts of shit going off in the background.

Maybe they just said "Guns N Roses" and not with the 'new' in front of it. Either way, who really cares.

oh, I was just saying that if they said new Guns N' Roses, better, it would have sounded like they were saying the new band was better. Even if they were just saying the song name.