Slow ticket sales in the States

Outtagetme

I do not follow all the ins and outs of GNR but I have been listening, just listening, not to the hype and tragedy and rumors, but to the music itself since AFD and this is what I think. Axl is Axl a rock n roll lyrical genius. Tortured perhaps, a pain in the ass regularly, but he does what he FEELS he wants, needs should do. Not what others tell him to do, or thinks he should do, or are paid to make him do, what is traditionally or politically correct to do yada yada. No he is Axl and he will play where and how and what he wants and he may feel hurt, or betrayed, or confused if ticket sales are not good but if anyone thinks this tour, or this album, or for that matter anything Axl Rose has done is primarily about $$$ they they have been listening to the hype instead of the music for all these years. It is Mercs job to take care of these things right? But would Axl let, let alone pay someone to take care of things in any way other than how he wants them taken care of? Look at any possible scenario what would it take for you to stop being a fan?

If the shows don't sell out?

If all the shows sell out and riots break out due to him being late or not showing up?

If Chinese Democracy is postponed yet another year?

If the album is released but is bashed by the media?

If the album comes out and becomes the number one pop album of the year?

If Axl loses his balls and becomes a yes man?

The last one is the only one that would lose me as a fan and the one I think is least likely to happen. Does that mean I approve of/agree with everything he does? Hell no sometimes he makes me so mad I would like to shake him till his teeth rattle, others make me want to gather him up like a child and ask him why but through it all I love the music so respect the man and as a fan trust in the end it will all turn out as it is supposed to. Sorry this is so long

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look the Americans who realise they are not king are ok by me - but when you guys say 'we rule all' just shows how truelly blind you are. That is a terribly arrogant thing to say - there are other countries potbreath that have just as much and more - but you probably havent educated yourself by getting a passport and going to these places so its no wonder you think like you do. Grow up. I really hope that not all americans are like you.

I got another bite!!

Do you know a joke when it shits on your face or do you think its an arrogant American who can't find the bathroom?

Countries I've been to: America (born here), Mexico, Canada, South Korea (lived there), Germany, Belgium, Italy, France, Spain and the Netherlands. You might remember me as the loud guy wearing a baseball hat.

By the way, Black Velvet is a trite username.

Lets see, something about the thread........once Axl releases the album the ticket sales will pick up.