Slow ticket sales in the States

Outtagetme

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, like the mistake of being the most kick ass country in the world. Face it, we rule all.

You Euro, (and Canadian), dudes are so sensitive, Americans have gotten used to being hated and its really quite a vantage point once accepted.

*editedby uk subs*

On topic, you make a good point but so did cockaroachsoup80. This will draw a larger crowd than in 2002. Maybe America is a different market to Europe but they can't ignore the fact that Guns had a greatly successful tour this summer.

I really hope Axl gets his fuckin' band in gear this thursday and give the Yanks something to cheer about.

We rule all? LOL!! The most kick ass country in the world? Ask the Vietnamese what they think about that. Why some of you yanks feel the need to belittle your forefathers countries is beyond me. But then again you do it time and time again, so you must enjoy being the mockery of the rest of the world. Some of guys are really open minded and can hold a decent conversation, some of you I wouldnt piss on if they were on fire.
You got the biggest army. But your still stupid. It´s like that big flashy car you have so you can compensate your small dick. And a third of your population need two jobs to make it.

Nah, I wouldn´t trade.

Exactly the kind of over-sensitive reactions I was expecting.

You think I'm being serious when I say stuff like "we rule all," and then turn around and call Americans stupid.....good stuff.

Come on! Play along god ol´ fellow.. It´s been discussed here before. I was just reffering to it :)

You should have said how nuked my country was gonna be etc. ;) On little spot of glas on the map :scared:

They sold well i Europe, whats the problem with US?

Europeans like history, (its all they got), Americans could give a shit about the past, you gotta have something new up your sleeve here.

couldn't have put it better...

You must adore the new linup :rolleyes:

People, don't turn this into a political debate. This should be about GNR and I don't think insulting people's nationalities should be a part of that. I am an American and not a xenophobe, I think that Europe is equally as important as the USA and certainly has been around a lot longer. And to the Europeans, not all of us over here love George Bush.

This being said, the tour does need some more promotion. Hopefully this will come with the VMAs, interviews, etc. I know here in NY I have heard absolutely nothing besides Axl's appearance at the VMA's but we also have no tour dates here yet.

Make love not war! :heart:

I think they are not selling because nobody knows that there is a tour. There has been no promotion for this tour at all. If I didnt join this forum I wouldnt know that there was a tour.

Exactly! ...all Axl needs to do is to release a single on a Radio...to let people know that he still alive!... :lol:

what they must realise is that europe and the US are totally different markets

big bands rarely play europe which means that when they do there is a huge surge and want for them

big bands are constantly having US tours so there isn't as much urgency to see them

big bands rarely play europe,are you serious have you ever heard of a world tour.stones u2 bon jovi metallica green day to name a few tour europe in their world tours which is why they are called world tours.fuck me do people think when a band tours they only tour the states,how dumb are some people i really do despair.tickets not selling well because its not gnr,end of

*edited by uk subs*

On topic, everything I think has been said. Axl cant start a tour without promotion, a single, or an album at this point and expect tickets to sell like they did in Europe. Its not like people have been checking since 2002 to see if GNR are touring again, especially after a lame tour like that.

;) Back on topic..... according to HTGTH....

VEGAS-16th-SOLD OUT

SAN FRAN-20th & 21st-SOLD OUT!!

:D Sounds pretty good to me!!

:( Could we please, STOP the insults!!?? :question:

Thats great! Hope they fill The Joint at 17th also..

Sept 16 - Las Vegas, NV / The Joint sold out

Sept 17 - Las Vegas, NV / The Joint

Sept 20 - San Francisco, CA / The Warfield sold out

Sept 21 - San Francisco, CA / The Warfield sold out

Sept 23 - Devore, CA / KROQ Inland Invasion

Sept 27 - Fresno, CA / Save Mart Center

Sept 29 - Bakersfield, CA / Rabobank Arena

Sept 30 - Reno, NV / Reno Events Center

Oct 2 - Sacramento, CA/ ARCO Arena

Oct 5 - San Diego, CA / iPayOne Center, Sports Arena

Just to make it clearer

Edited by shootingstar

what they must realise is that europe and the US are totally different markets

big bands rarely play europe which means that when they do there is a huge surge and want for them

big bands are constantly having US tours so there isn't as much urgency to see them

big bands rarely play europe,are you serious have you ever heard of a world tour.stones u2 bon jovi metallica green day to name a few tour europe in their world tours which is why they are called world tours.fuck me do people think when a band tours they only tour the states,how dumb are some people i really do despair.tickets not selling well because its not gnr,end of

i speak from what i see, gnr haven't played in most of the countries they did this year for 14 years

i rarely see any great bands play in my country and some others around me(besides some UK dates :rolleyes: )

i love how everybody is stressing out and thinking they know better than management, if they were so worried with ticket sales being low, then why would they change the venues from seating to g.a. on the floor. just to see less people out there? relax guys, seriously.

- Lack of promotion

- Lack of single

- Lack of album

- Lack of video

Axl better learn from the past what those 3 things can lead to.

sooooooo, what you are trying to say is that gnr needs to release silkworms as the first single????? :question:

I think they are not selling because nobody knows that there is a tour. There has been no promotion for this tour at all. If I didnt join this forum I wouldnt know that there was a tour.

Well this makes sense, now that i think about it, if i hadnt have ck'd on here i would have never known about the nyc shows either. whats up with that? why no promoting

Merck doesn't know his arse from his elbow so i doubt he'll be able to shift ticket sales.

Merck seems like a real ass-hole in person.

i love how everybody is stressing out and thinking they know better than management, if they were so worried with ticket sales being low, then why would they change the venues from seating to g.a. on the floor. just to see less people out there? relax guys, seriously.

- Lack of promotion

- Lack of single

- Lack of album

- Lack of video

Axl better learn from the past what those 3 things can lead to.

sooooooo, what you are trying to say is that gnr needs to release silkworms as the first single????? :question:

Don't act like you don't know what I'm trying to say. :rolleyes:

They don't need to sell out the concerts to be profitable if the tickets cost $75.00 each. :huh:

Green Day didn't even sell out here in Bakersfield. I don't think anything has ever sold out at Rabobank Arena. :huh:

wow! i dont like green day but that is hard to believe considering how huge they are/were last year. puts things kinda in perspective.

The band needs a big and good publicity,and it's not happening now.

I think most of the people in America doesn't know that GNR is back and touring,which is the most important fact.If they want to be big again,they must set a release date for a single,or release a video.

Fuck Kid Rock,he's not going to help GNR in nothing.They need to tour with big bands like Bon Jovi,Aerosmith and others..and Axl must stop to think he's living in 1992.

Most of the teenagers nowadays don't give a fuck about this band..it's time to do some big promotion and release a fuckin' great album to shut up some critics and conquer new fans.