Slow ticket sales in the States

Outtagetme

As others have mentioned, concert sales in America in general have been slow this year. I read something a few weeks ago that said that a lot of major stars and acts are having trouble selling out their shows, and that ticket demand in general has not been as high. Right now Aerosmith's tour is doing "buy three tickets, get one free" in some venues, and I don't think anyone would say they're washed up by any means.

Also, I would think the high ticket prices in some of these venues would have something to do with it. I depserately wanted to go to one of the Vegas shows, but $175 (which is about what it was, after all of Tickemaster's stupid fees) just was not doable. Again, other artists have had the same problems.

Having said that, out of all the concerts I bought tickets for this year, there was only ONE where I had to keep checking back, and pull strings, and wait for tickets. And that was Guns N' Roses in NY. I think the band's well on track right now.

Edited by stella

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band needs a big and good publicity,and it's not happening now.

I think most of the people in America doesn't know that GNR is back and touring,which is the most important fact.If they want to be big again,they must set a release date for a single,or release a video.

Fuck Kid Rock,he's not going to help GNR in nothing.They need to tour with big bands like Bon Jovi,Aerosmith and others..and Axl must stop to think he's living in 1992.

Most of the teenagers nowadays don't give a fuck about this band..it's time to do some big promotion and release a fuckin' great album to shut up some critics and conquer new fans.

Actually I have met a teenager (13 yrs) who loves GnR, he's my son's mate, my son isn't too keen but then I don't like Eminem either!

As for ticket sales, UK was a late announcment but quick sell out, ok maybe we do like history, but I will always take the opportunity to see GnR play, new album, single makes no difference! I do think they should've done a bit more promoting of themselves though, maybe a few interviews and the such. I'd of loved to see Axl Rose on Johnathan Ross!!

Jo

Its been said before and it'll be said again. There are 4 reasons for the tours poor sales (so far).

No Album

No Single

No Video

and most importantly - No real Promotion.

FFS the website had only just been updated after months of touring.

I think the sales they have got so far are pretty damn good considering no new material for over 10 years and only one failed tour since the band split.

IMO a successful single and video would rectify pretty much everything. The promotion would generate itself.

They sold well i Europe, whats the problem with US?

Europeans like history, (its all they got), Americans could give a shit about the past, you gotta have something new up your sleeve here.

what a load of cack, Americans constantly take 'vacations' to europe to check out there roots..how many of your lot are constantly in Ireland? also you love history and culture as you have none yourselves!

They don't need to sell out the concerts to be profitable if the tickets cost $75.00 each. :huh:

Green Day didn't even sell out here in Bakersfield. I don't think anything has ever sold out at Rabobank Arena. :huh:

only thing about not being a sell out no matter how big the venue is Axls ego..then comes depression, then comes recluse! ouch

what a load of cack, Americans constantly take 'vacations' to europe to check out there roots..how many of your lot are constantly in Ireland? also you love history and culture as you have none yourselves!

We already had this arguement but it got deleted, so I'll summarize:

Europeans, (and Canadians), are too sensitive and can't take a joke.

I better say something relevant to the thread.......release a single and watch the ticket sales skyrocket.

Hell I might buy tickets to more than one show if I thought there was a chance to see two DIFFERENT shows if you know what I mean.

i think some people might underestimate axl's knowledge of the music biz. you could say he is a trained professional who already knows the stuff that's being brought up (can't be successful without a single out/album out, etc.). I'm sure none of that stuff is news to him and there has got to be a reason for all of it... a reason that will contribute positively toward a large amassment (is that even a word?) of success/money. not negatively.

go GNR managemnt!...even STEVEN's "ADLER'S APPETITE" IS BETTER PROMOTED THAN GNR ITSELF!!!

I hope Axl looses all the fans and goes into history as a JERK!!!

Don't blame me...but he DESERVES that!!!

I'm A FAN!!!...WHAT DID HE DO FOR ME IN FUCKIN 14 YEARS???...He even can't say a word about the forthcoming tour, album and a promotion of HIS band!!!

...or maby he is such an EGO, EMO FAG!

I'm ashamed to be a GNR FAN!!!...hey!!!...I EVEN CAN'T BE A FAN...FAN OF WHAT???...SO WHAT THE HELL AM I???...I'm NOBODY TO AXL and SO ARE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck AXL!!!...fuck MERCK!!!

...but I like the guys, coz the try hard! :fuckyou:

go GNR managemnt!...even STEVEN's "ADLER'S APPETITE" IS BETTER PROMOTED THAN GNR ITSELF!!!

I'm A FAN!!!...WHAT DID HE DO FOR ME IN FUCKIN 14 YEARS???...He even can't say a word about the forthcoming tour, album and a promotion of HIS band!!!

I'm ashamed to be a GNR FAN!!!...hey!!!...I EVEN CAN'T BE A FAN...FAN OF WHAT???...SO WHAT THE HELL AM I???...I'm NOBODY TO AXL and SO ARE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so then why are you here in this section, your usefull input is obviously useless.

hey guys willy dont like gnr, lets have a parade rock4 rock2 rock1 :xmassrudolph:

or maby he is such an EGO, EMO FAG!

Don't you start my son called me an EMO yesterday! By the way how do you know he's a fag? Been there yourself have you??? You know what they say about men who go on about "fags" all the time? That they like it up the deaf and dumb themselves but don't want to admit it................

Jo

If you feel like that what are you doing here?

If you feel like that what are you doing here?

just take a look on my "join date"...COZ I DO CARE! <_<

what they must realise is that europe and the US are totally different markets

big bands rarely play europe which means that when they do there is a huge surge and want for them

big bands are constantly having US tours so there isn't as much urgency to see them

You ara wrong : big band such Metallica, S.O.A.D, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Motorhead or Judas Priest always play in Germany,Italy, Spain, Switzerland, France or Great Britan.

The Major difference is GNR played in smaler theaters in Europe. I was at the Paris Concert and the arena just can accept 12 000 to 15 000 fans. And there was only 1 show for France which is 65 millions of citizens.

Like in the USA, there was near zero promotion.

It was a good surprise for me to see a full arena for GNR. I wasn't expecting such a success. Futhermore, there was not only 30 years old fans. A lot os teans were there too.

some people are probably skeptical and apprehensive about buying gnr tix. look at how many people Axl has burned in the past. People don't forget that shit. I think they'll do fine in the major cities, but if they play any secondary markets, they better do half-arena shows, otherwise they could be playing to half-empty arenas.

I get the feeling that there may be some kind of announcement made before any of these US shows happen. If there is, then ticket sales may pick up.

what they must realise is that europe and the US are totally different markets

big bands rarely play europe which means that when they do there is a huge surge and want for them

big bands are constantly having US tours so there isn't as much urgency to see them

:unsure:

Big Bands play Europe all the time. Its the fact that europe still likes rock, independant music and our radio stations aren't owned by sponsors. we think for our selves!!!

Also when big bands tour europe they tend to play smaller towns and cities rather than just capitals, compared to big cities only in the US. We get the bands as much as you, not to mention all the quality music we have that fails to break the US.

Look the Americans who realise they are not king are ok by me - but when you guys say 'we rule all' just shows how truelly blind you are. That is a terribly arrogant thing to say - there are other countries potbreath that have just as much and more - but you probably havent educated yourself by getting a passport and going to these places so its no wonder you think like you do. Grow up. I really hope that not all americans are like you.