IRS from Rock Am Ring

insomniac

i just watched the video i downloaded at newgnr.com and its kinda scary how dead, silent , and motionless the crowd is during IRS. You can actually see people leaving to go take a piss when they show crowd shots.... kinda scary i really hope that this album dont flop

If IRS was a single on the radio or something the fans at least had on an album, more people would know it and they would get into it more. Only diehards on the forums have any of the leaks, so we know and love these songs,and IRS rocks live! But to someone who doesn't know the song or hasn't heard it, I can understand why it wouldn't be as interesting, especially to a casual fan who is going so they can hear Sweet Child of Mine or Paradise City.

If IRS was a single on the radio or something the fans at least had on an album, more people would know it and they would get into it more. Only diehards on the forums have any of the leaks, so we know and love these songs,and IRS rocks live! But to someone who doesn't know the song or hasn't heard it, I can understand why it wouldn't be as interesting, especially to a casual fan who is going so they can hear Sweet Child of Mine or Paradise City.

Yep.. People can't sing a long etc. When the album is realesed IRS has potential to become a live favorite ok.gif

Edited by Wando

Guest cherry_bomb

i was quite surprised how few people knew the new songs. at wembley, the only person i could see singing along with me to the new ones was binge_and_slash :laugh: at the acoustic show i shouted "better" hoping theyd play it, but people looked at me as if i were telling them to play better...i had to explain :unsure:

oh and in my opinion, the new songs rock just as harder if not harder than the old ones, esp IRS

Edited by cherry_bomb

Ze Germans aren't the most passionate of people. Serious skeletons in their collective closets you see.

If there was a pro shot of the Manchester show (And do doubt a lot of the other Euro shows) you would be proclaiming the band as the best in the world, given the crowd bounce.

But you picked a bad song. Even if a band plays the best song that has ever been written, if you've not heard it all you can do is nod your head enthusiastically as you don't know whats coming next.

i just watched the video i downloaded at newgnr.com and its kinda scary how dead, silent , and motionless the crowd is during IRS. You can actually see people leaving to go take a piss when they show crowd shots.... kinda scary i really hope that this album dont flop

I hate it too when the band does not receive the support i think it should. hate it!!

Yep.. People can't sing a long etc. When the album is realesed IRS has potential to become a live favorite ok.gif

dude your sig does my fuckin head in

You can never trust a crowd. Take the Tokyo '92 DVDs (02.22.92). The Japanese crowd were pretty motionless, yet it was one of the best GN'R shows of the UYI tour.

I disagree actually I think Axl struggles a lot during it and it's just a boring show to watch.

Ze Germans aren't the most passionate of people. Serious skeletons in their collective closets you see.

seriously dude.... what do you expect??

it was fuckin 4 am in the morning and cold as fuck... i was at rock am ring and the crowd was great. watch the korn concert from the same day(8 hours earlier though...) 70000 people jumping....

gnr started their set 12 hours after i went in front of the stage... and i was seriously happy having survived korn by the way... lots of people were standing there for more than 8 hours before gnr even started... did you ever go to a festival?? if you did i can`t understand your reaction... gnr played after the headliner. they took the stage from 1:45am to 4am....

and well... they cut a lot from the concert... axl said thank you like 15 times during the concert, because people were chanting "guns n roses" after every song.. i think it`s on the broadcast when he says "a very generous crowd"... i was really surprised about the positive response the band got, especially the new songs, which were very well received imo.

Guest cherry_bomb

You can never trust a crowd. Take the Tokyo '92 DVDs (02.22.92). The Japanese crowd were pretty motionless, yet it was one of the best GN'R shows of the UYI tour.

I disagree actually I think Axl struggles a lot during it and it's just a boring show to watch.

i dont think he struggles, but it is pretty boring to watch, but thats just cos of how it's edited. there are so many great bootlegs from the UYI tour that piss all over that double dvd.

i admit, i get fed up waiting for gnr to get onstage, but when the lights go down and the intro music starts ive lost it, they make up for having to wait. people who boo them are fucking idiots

as said before....

i was, like everybody else drunk on thursday so bad, i could hardlay walk. got up at 10...startet drinking again :P

went to the front rows at 4, bouncing to deftones, happy to survive korn, relaxed on tool, waited till 1.45, startet jumping on wttj, than got muscle cramps (sp.??) in my legs (like uncle axl because of not enough alcohol) :) and not forget about zero degrees and beeing on my feet for more than 12 hours....

all in all i was rocking hard to irs, and paradise city just gave me the :P

people outside this circle don't know anything about gn'r these days, in 2002 in toronto everyone got excited thinking slash was there, I don't know how many times I told them he aint, its funny you pay all that money and not even know who is coming on stage!

Gunsguy

I agree somewhat. Although the crowd is what makes it boring. I knew I should have said 'yet it was arguably one of the best GN'R shows of the UYI tour' :P

Anyway, back on topic...

Edited by LCG

IRS cannot become a hit/favorite... Its slow and boring... the new 'you aint the first' if you will.

Guns Need Something that will blow these emo fags fucking faces off, and show then Gnfnr RULE.