Why doesn't the new lineup play Don't Cry??

mfragola

shannon hoon is axl's second cousin? and who said that they won't play this tune? I think they will, look bumblefoot plays it already, they are seeing if they should bring it back and I think they should

Gunsguy

Read an interview on line years ago, and Shannon mentioned being cousins.

Bullshit! Thats not true..Shannon Hoon was vocalist in Blind Melon and is not in family with Axl Rose!

Edited by Sjakalen

It won't be played because of the death of Axl's second cousin, Shannon Hoon.

This is some BS theory put out there, it has NEVER been quoted by anyone anywhere!

This is absolutely correct.

Axl did precisely no interviews from 1994 on, yet, somehow...people know this.....how exactly??

It won't be played because of the death of Axl's second cousin, Shannon Hoon.

This is some BS theory put out there, it has NEVER been quoted by anyone anywhere!

This is absolutely correct.

Axl did precisely no interviews from 1994 on, yet, somehow...people know this.....how exactly??

AF said Shannon said it not Axl.

Bullshit! Thats not true..Shannon Hoon was vocalist in Blind Melon and is not in family with Axl Rose!

Really? I thought Shannon Hoon was the lead singer of Poison. :rolleyes:

And, how do you know he's not family? He might not be blood related, but could be cousins by marriage. I've been looking for the interview again for quite some time (About the last year) and I haven't found it, so I've gave up for now.

i read in a rip magazine about 13-14 yrs ago that he meet him at a party(axl knew his older sister)

he said there is so and so's brother.

later on they both happened to be outside at the same time and axl asked him if he wanted to go for a walk.

(just to get away from the party for abit)

they been friends since! B)

b.t.w. i'll still see if i have the magazine,i have a bunch of old magazine's still.

The way I read it back in the day was that Blind Melon used to cover Don't Cry before they became famous. Axl was a friend of Shannon Hoon's sister back in Lafayette and caught wind that the band had covered the song and when Shannon moved to LA he became friends with Axl who as we all know had Shannon on stage to sing the song with him. Hoon also sang backup on the track on UYI and also appeared in the video.

My guess is that Axl is probably sensitive over the playing of the song but I think by allowing Ron to play a few riffs of it in some of the shows he may be getting past this now so maybe one day we will hear it again!

Shannon is "NOT" Axl`s cousin.

Like deadpool89 and bandita said,Axl knew Shannon`s sister.I think they went to school together.

This question comes up like every 2 months.A while ago someone said that he/she had read some interview with Axl from the 90`s where Axl had apparently said that he won`t play Don`t Cry because of Shannon`death.Shannon died in 1995.How many interviews did Axl give between 1995 and 2000?...None...(?)

If there is such an intreview i want to read it,but it don`t matter really..Ever since New Gn`r started doing gigs i have thought Shannon passing away being the reason why Axl won`t do Don`t Cry.

The way I read it back in the day was that Blind Melon used to cover Don't Cry before they became famous. Axl was a friend of Shannon Hoon's sister back in Lafayette and caught wind that the band had covered the song and when Shannon moved to LA he became friends with Axl who as we all know had Shannon on stage to sing the song with him. Hoon also sang backup on the track on UYI and also appeared in the video.

This is the version that I have heard too.

I'm actually happy with Ron just playing with the crowd singing.... Yeah I like that :)

I wish Richard and Finck would incorporate GnR Classic songs into their solo sections.

Like...Richard could play bits off Civil War or something and Finck can play...something other than what he plays now. Even Sossego would be cool to play.