STUDIO versions of The Blues, Maddy, Chinese Dem. and Better!

mrvics

:sigh:

take the 10 minutes to register for yousendit. Download this heap of crap.

Go to newgnr.com. Download the inland invasion blues...

Yeah, I'm still here.

Start playing at 1:46 on the inland invasion version...

Start playing at 0:14 at the video...

Tell me how similar it sounds.

We've been had. Again.

either you are deaf or just stupid, its way differant, he sings "dooo" way differant, unlike any live performance

eidt: now I'm going to bed, and I'm expecting this will be a 30+ page topic in the morning

jc, thanks for the support! Have a good night.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, this thread is such a joke.

18 pages over some shitty 25 second recording?

It sounds exactly like the version of The Blues I have - the one that was floating around the net a year or so ago, recorded from a concert and then cleaned up a little bit with some computer programs. Sounds EXACTLY the same, including the "I don't know just what I should do" part.

This is BS - and the thread title is so misleading, most people are probably clicking this expecting to get studio versions of these songs when all you're providing us is a bullshit 25 second clip.

It sounds exactly like the version of The Blues I have - the one that was floating around the net a year or so ago, recorded from a concert and then cleaned up a little bit with some computer programs. Sounds EXACTLY the same, including the "I don't know just what I should do" part.

This is BS - and the thread title is so misleading, most people are probably clicking this expecting to get studio versions of these songs when all you're providing us is a bullshit 25 second clip.

the title is only misleading if you dont read the whole title............ this doesnt sound like any blues ive ever heard, but it does sound really good for a shitty recording

I am guessing there is nothing going on in the VR section since you are over here.

He provided all he could, no one could be prepared for what happened to him. It's not like he was purposely outside stalking the Geffen building with telescopes and long distance recording devices. He gave us his story and told us what he heard. No mislead there.

Tell me why a demo version of The Blues and all the other songs he heard would be blaring from the Geffen building. Why would record execs want to hear those. They want a finished product and from what this story tells there is one and it is coming VERY VERY soon.

Stop being so negative.

Tell me why a demo version of The Blues and all the other songs he heard would be blaring from the Geffen building.

Uh, they weren't. That's my point.

This recording sounds no different than the one I have. There's no rasp at all in Axl's voice, it sounds exactly the same and I'll post the version I have if you all want, because it's the same thing.

The vocals certainly seems to have more control than any previous live version.

Also, did Madagascar have the voiceover during the middle section still?

Yes, those voice over clips of Dr. King etc were and will be there.

It defiently sounds like a studio clip. Not like any live version I've heard (particularly on the do line) Plus, it sounds way too clean to be a concert. Even in the crappy sound wuality everything from the song itself sounds "clean" and free of any distortion. I bet someone at Geffen found a copy into their hands, now that it's probably in cirulation amongst the higher ups, and liked it and blasted it with his window open for others to hear. Of course the caveat is that now that he posted this sotry online, there isnt a chance this will happen again as Im sure Merk caught wind of this by now and made a call over.

Tell me why a demo version of The Blues and all the other songs he heard would be blaring from the Geffen building.

This recording sounds no different than the one I have. There's no rasp at all in Axl's voice, it sounds exactly the same and I'll post the version I have if you all want, because it's the same thing.

You're not going to hear the rasp when Axl sings in that lower, normal sounding voice, but it's all there when he sings louder and higher, more so than anything we've heard live. And the fact that the phone cuts out just before he goes into that voice doesn't help my claim but fuck it, like Bandita said, I did all I could, I described what happened in detail and provided as much proof as I possibly could at this point.

Again, the purpose of the 25 second video is to prove that Geffen was blastin' CD, or at least Better, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues.

Edited by mrvics

You're not going to hear the rasp when Axl sings in that lower, normal sounding voice, but it's all there when he sings louder and higher, more so than anything we've heard live. And the fact that the phone cuts out just before he goes into that voice doesn't help my claim but fuck it, like Bandita said, I'm doing all I could, I described what happened in detail and provided as much proof as I possibly could at this point.

Again, the purpose of the 25 second video is to prove that Geffen was blastin' CD, or at least Better, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues.

YOu did good, fuck haters! Whatever, some people feel they need to bash. Cause it didnt happen to them, whatever, just gonna say cool, and cant wait for the CD!