Major League Baseball

W. Axl Kev

I'm sorry, but a huge announcement with MLB.com and Guns N' Roses is just a stepping stone. It helps to sell tickets. As many tickets as possible. It's a great move, and it may have nothing to do with CD, but interest in the band could spark and reach a new level. A level that will help Chinese Democracy in the long run.

I just hope they don't start selling out the catalogue to sporting events.

I really don't want Welcome to the Jungle (we've got fun and games) to become the opening jingle for a playoff game. :ph34r:

I'm just wondering why someone who doesn't know anything at all about GNR, or very little, would be suddenly inspired by a commercial on TV to go out and buy $50 tickets for a concert. I agree that this promo is not for TV but just a contract for MLB to run the website. And, I don't think the expectations are so lofty.

Guest Matt13
I'm just wondering why someone who doesn't know anything at all about GNR, or very little, would be suddenly inspired by a commercial on TV to go out and buy $50 tickets for a concert. I agree that this promo is not for TV but just a contract for MLB to run the website. And, I don't think the expectations are so lofty.

That's just it. It won't affect anyone that doesn't know anything about GNR. BUT, there are hundreds of thousands of 'old' fans and perhaps millions of casual fans that don't even know what's going on in the GNR world. For all they know, GNR has been long dead and now just a classic rock band on the radio.

Promoting this way will sort of wake all of those people up to at least be aware that GNR is alive and well, and ready to put out an album and tour.

Oh, and whoever earlier in this thread said Baseball appeals more to rock fans... but associated it with 'metal heads', 'mullet heads' (IE... rednecks) and (cringe) Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks (NASCAR), has obviously never attended a baseball game. Most of the folks are pretty well-to-do, and rightfully so for tickets that cost an arm and a leg.

I would tend to agree more rock fans would be baseball fans over anything else... probably hockey fans too. It's a race thing. More white folk like rock... black folk rap. Wanna promote a rap album? Talk to the NBA. Wanna promote a rock album? Talk to MLB or NHL. That's not a racist comment, but a pretty damned good educated guess. The only sport that I'd say attracts a more proportionate audience, race wise, is American football (NFL). Wanna reach everybody? Talk to the NFL.

Oh, and whoever earlier in this thread said Baseball appeals more to rock fans... but associated it with 'metal heads', 'mullet heads' (IE... rednecks) and (cringe) Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks (NASCAR), has obviously never attended a baseball game. Most of the folks are pretty well-to-do, and rightfully so for tickets that cost an arm and a leg.

Baseball tickets cost an arm and a leg? Tickets for the yankees start at $12 and tickets for the KC royals start at $7. It's not exactly expensive.

Once again, they're not going to be on MLB. The subsidiary of MLB is just going to be providing tickets and tour info at gunsnroses.com. That is all.

Edited by Takeshi

Yeah, baseball isn't expensive. For $23 you can get seats right behind either dugout for the Royals. I know the Royals aren't the Yankees, but I was surprised to hear Yankees tickets only start at $12. And the Chiefs....I suspect the rest of the NFL is like the Kansas City Chiefs. If you can get tickets, the nosebleeds are like $60 or $70 dollars appiece, plus $20 parking.