GnR/WWE connection..........

sportsguru

I vote no. I used to be really into WWE. The more I watched it recently though, the more I realized just how much of a joke it actually is. I'd prefer if GN'R didn't associate with such a ridiculous product. There are better ways to gain exposure. A song to open Monday Night Football for instance. At least that's a product with some credibility.

And no, this isn't a "don't you know wrestling is fake" post. There is just too much silliness in the storylines, and matches that lack any sort of believability. WWE has become a caricature of itself.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't GNR roumored to play at Wrestlemainia one year i think it would be kinda cool cuz they just need to get their name out there to people that aren't hardcore Gunners like us but they will probablly partner up with the NFL near Super Bowl time

I think a half time performance would be pretty fuckin cool

I vote no. I used to be really into WWE. The more I watched it recently though, the more I realized just how much of a joke it actually is. I'd prefer if GN'R didn't associate with such a ridiculous product. There are better ways to gain exposure. A song to open Monday Night Football for instance. At least that's a product with some credibility.

And no, this isn't a "don't you know wrestling is fake" post. There is just too much silliness in the storylines, and matches that lack any sort of believability. WWE has become a caricature of itself.

Precisely. I don't have a problem with GNR associating with real sport, but the ridiculousness of wrestling is diametrically opposed to the raw and unplanned GNR style.

Anyone think GNR should hook up with the WWE for more advertising and possibly be the theme for the Survivor Series PPV slated for November? Just another way to get out to more people as RAW is the highest rated cable show on US TV besides Monday night football.

No no no and hell no. out side of america the WWE and it's bad actors - Wrestlers are looked upon as majorly gay!,

Anyone think GNR should hook up with the WWE for more advertising and possibly be the theme for the Survivor Series PPV slated for November? Just another way to get out to more people as RAW is the highest rated cable show on US TV besides Monday night football.

No no no and hell no. out side of america the WWE and it's bad actors - Wrestlers are looked upon as majorly gay!,

i cant bare to watch it, so so bad, punches and other shit is ectremely fake, i mean some of those punches would knock people out cold

Well Motely Cure performed Bitter Pill on raw back in like 97 or 98.

Yeah, but Vince Neil sucks more dick than a trailer park whore on welfare day.

A8R

hell ya thats what i have been waiting to hear somebody who hates vince neil and motely crue just as much as me. I still wished axl would have kicked his ass.

Guest Yanni_16

LoL, anybody remember in the old school WWF days when Marty Jannety came to the ring all decked out in jeans and a Guns N' Roses t-shirt? Wrestling kicked some serious ass back in the early to mid 90s, now it's all bullshit. So no, to answer the question.

motorhead played at one wrestlemania the entrance of triple H..while triple h was going to the ring they were playing "It´s all about the Game"behind him ... and it was one of the biggest moments on HHH career

personally I think that moment was AWESOME!!!!!!

Well Motely Cure performed Bitter Pill on raw back in like 97 or 98.

Yeah, but Vince Neil sucks more dick than a trailer park whore on welfare day.

A8R

I totally agree. you know he never even said sorry for what happened to Razzle

if you know what I'm talking about.

I like how you guys are letting your personal tastes influence your opinion on whether this would be a good decision. How some people are saying it would have been a good idea when the WWE was "good" a few years ago but not now cause they are "boring" now.

I agree that the WWE isn't as star-packed as it used to be, and the storylines are kind of lame now, but that's just my personal opinion, which should be discounted. The cold hard facts are that WWE RAW is the highest rated show on cable, the PPVs are exposed to millions of people in appealing demographics to GNR, and that a deal would more likely than not help the album's sales. Management for Nickeback and Limp Bizkit were not drunk when they signed their WWE deals. They were very aware that those wrestling PPVs reach over 100 countries.

The people on this board like to dismiss MTV....and now they dismiss WWE...two media outlets that have huge power and promotional tools. If GNR management listened to the people here and just arrogantly released a single and hopes the album just magically sells itself, then they are doing more harm to the album than good.

WWE=Good idea.

The problem is that new GNR will have enough problems with the fact that it's the "same" band with new faces - Wrestling has a negative stereotype, and there don't seem to be many "halfway" wrestling fans. People are either fans, or they're really, really not - especially outside of the states.

Coupling GNR with wrestling would be a huge mistake for their image, as non wrestling fans would accuse the band of being just as fake, ridiculous, and juvenile as the "sport" they're coupled with.

Anyone remember when Megadeth wrote "Crush 'Em" and let it become a pro wrestling theme? It certainly didn't help sales of Risk.

Bad, bad idea.

Edited by EccoTides