Jackamo!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has sold over a billion copies.

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

1 Billion coppies? Wasn't there only a world population of 4 billion in 1954? :/

Anyways, I don't think anyone will ever outsell Michael Jackson's Thriller, it's way over the 60 million mark now. Even if someone creates an album better than Thriller I doubt it will even sell half that much, there can't have been that many albums that have sold over 10 million in the past decade. MJ's Dangerous album is way better than Thriller but only sold 30 million and that was like way back in the early 90's way before file sharing.

And Chinese Democracy hasn't exactly had the greatest promotion so far :/

It has sold over a billion copies.

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

1 Billion coppies? Wasn't there only a world population of 4 billion in 1954? :/

Anyways, I don't think anyone will ever outsell Michael Jackson's Thriller, it's way over the 60 million mark now. Even if someone creates an album better than Thriller I doubt it will even sell half that much, there can't have been that many albums that have sold over 10 million in the past decade. MJ's Dangerous album is way better than Thriller but only sold 30 million and that was like way back in the early 90's way before file sharing.

And Chinese Democracy hasn't exactly had the greatest promotion so far :/

Thriller was an awsome album of its time and it still is

No album will sell those numbers of copy`s these days... thanx to the internett....

I will be suprised if it passes Greatest hits in sales............ <_<

i reckon it will but not for a while as GH as been round for a while now

I love GNR I would love CD to surpass Thriller but not going to happen… sorry

ha ha

"Seeing how you are unfamiliar with sarcasm I shall close the cash register at this point" - Comic Book Guy

Edited by Flo

The original post was hilarious, but in seriousness I don't think we'll ever see an album that will outsell Thriller. Almost every song on that album was a huge hit single. In the age of downloading a lot of people will just get the whole album illegally off Limewire or elsewhere. Even those that download legally get individual songs now. The idea of buying an entire album is lost on most people these days (unfortunately).

I'm sure CD will have a couple of hit singles, but never as many as Thriller. AFD only had a few and it's pretty much considered one of the best debut albums ever.

Chinese Democracy will be more like Michael Jackson's last album, "Invincible".

It will draw out the diehards and the curious. Modern rock radio will embrace a single or two (but I doubt Better will get any major radio play).

However, like Invincible—it'll ultimately prove to be out-of-step with today's commercial climate, and any heat this album generates will be gone within six months.

There is no way that it will sell that much.....back then (even 6 or 7 years ago), if you only liked one or two songs, you had to buy the album (or single), now you can just download a song or two. I think that it has the potential to sell very well, but I doubt that it will top 10 million in the us. Maybe 5, if we're lucky. In todays age, 4-5 million is pretty damn good.

Don't forget that there is two or three albums that are rumoured to be released over the next few years. So, if you take that into consideration, they should all do fairly well.