Predictions: How Well Will "Better" Do In The Charts

Jackamo!

I don't see any new song doing well in charts.

And I don't really care.

Do you really think the quality matters, at all?

The two phrases: Guns N' Roses, and New Song, are enough to make it #1 on the rock charts and a top 40 crossover hit.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I don't really care.

The two phrases: Guns N' Roses, and New Song, are enough to make it #1 on the rock charts and a top 40 crossover hit.

Maybe I underestimate the mainstream these days, but I think most people will go buy some black kid waving about a gun in a fast car rather than even look at GN'R. If most of the people who buy singles these days (8-16 year olds?) even know who GN'R are.

I'm sure it will get in the charts, but if it hits the top 20 here I'll be surprised. (I'm not sure how US/Canada charts are..)

And I don't really care.

Maybe I underestimate the mainstream these days, but I think most people will go buy some black kid waving about a gun in a fast car rather than even look at GN'R. If most of the people who buy singles these days (8-16 year olds?) even know who GN'R are.

ditto

Canada must be a good place to be then. In my school unless you're a 'mosher' or a 'goth', I'd say 75% of people wouldn't know GN'R, and if they did they'd just assume they were shitty hippies.

The retards who take mainstream crap outweigh people with good taste by far. So charts are going to shit and for that reason I don't see GN'R doing well.

But like I said, I don't care. Half my fav bands probably haven't sold more than 30,000 albums. If that..

If the first single is the best that Chinese Democracy has to offer, I sure as hell hope it's not Better. It's a B-side at best.

I'm sorry guys, but don't you all know that's true? Deep down in your hearts?

I agree. But I also think theres gonna be some cool stuff on the album, my favorite GNR songs were never singles.....except YCBM.

A lot of chart music in the UK is now based on Downloads as well as singles. I think it could do quite well in the UK, it's something different and everything that is doing well right now in the UK is doing so because it's different i.e. James Blunt, Arctic Monkeys, Lily Allan etc.

Will definetly top the rock chart. I love Audioslave but I don't think 'Original Fire' is anywhere near as good as 'Better'.

I think it's a catchy song, despite its weak intro and outro. And I think that just the hype of the fact that it's a new gnr song will push it to #1 on the rock charts for a little while. I'm not sure about the Hot 100, but I think it could get somewhere in there as well because it has those computer drum beats and it's a fairly simple song. I really think that if everything goes right, gnr will really influence modern music once again.

But it doesn't really matter. As long as I have CD in my hands and my tickets to the Nov 5th show, I'm happy.

Back in 98'-99' when GNR forums only had a few members and were truly "underground" we all thought Axl was working on a masterpiece. I think most of the people that were around back then don't even visit GNR forums anymore because they were disappointed with what they heard( when gnr performed live in 2001). I'll be honest these GNR leaks are not what was expected from Axl Rose and it is not one bit mindblowing . I think many of the kids that are following the new band want them to succeed because they didn't get the chance to enjoy the original GNR magic and want it to return in this new band .Deep down inside I know all of you realize these new tunes suck . That is why you are always concerned with what other people say because you are hoping that they don't feel the same way you feel about the tunes. That is why you are so defensive when someone says something bad about the band because you know deep down inside they are telling the truth . When someone is confident about something they could careless about what the rest of the world thinks. If it wasn't because the music scene is such pathetic garbage these new tunes would have no chance . Let's say Axl would have released these songs back in 91' (the last great yr of music ) the would have been laughed at and Axl would have been released from the record company . It's been such a long time since we have heard great music that some of us have forgotten how to differentiate great music from shit . Unfortunately , these new Axl tunes are Shit . I am a huge Axl Rose fan but I feel really disappointed . I really wanted this thing to make a big mark in the music industry , like i said I have been reading GNR message boards for almost 9 yrs now . All we can do now is see what Velvet Revolver has up their sleeve. Hopefully it won't be shit like thir 1st album .

Back in 98'-99' when GNR forums only had a few members and were truly "underground" we all thought Axl was working on a masterpiece. I think most of the people that were around back then don't even visit GNR forums anymore because they were disappointed with what they heard( when gnr performed live in 2001). I'll be honest these GNR leaks are not what was expected from Axl Rose and it is not one bit mindblowing . I think many of the kids that are following the new band want them to succeed because they didn't get the chance to enjoy the original GNR magic and want it to return in this new band .Deep down inside I know all of you realize these new tunes suck . That is why you are always concerned with what other people say because you are hoping that they don't feel the same way you feel about the tunes. That is why you are so defensive when someone says something bad about the band because you know deep down inside they are telling the truth . When someone is confident about something they could careless about what the rest of the world thinks. If it wasn't because the music scene is such pathetic garbage these new tunes would have no chance . Let's say Axl would have released these songs back in 91' (the last great yr of music ) the would have been laughed at and Axl would have been released from the record company . It's been such a long time since we have heard great music that some of us have forgotten how to differentiate great music from shit . Unfortunately , these new Axl tunes are Shit . I am a huge Axl Rose fan but I feel really disappointed . I really wanted this thing to make a big mark in the music industry , like i said I have been reading GNR message boards for almost 9 yrs now . All we can do now is see what Velvet Revolver has up their sleeve. Hopefully it won't be shit like thir 1st album .

get your head out of your ass, the new songs rock!!! thats an awful lot of steam to be blowing on a band that you think suck! go somewhere else, douchebag!

I don't think the new tunes suck. TWAT, Blues, Maddy, and Catcher all are fantastic. Better is ok, but the computeristic effects and weird guitar intro make it worse than what it could be. Its catchy and hard hitting, but those things really take away from it. IRS performed live with the 3 guitar solos kicks some serious ass. I hope thats the version they put on the album rather than the mundane one with just the 2 solos. I just really don't think Better is the song you want to put out to the fans who think they are going to get an Appetite rehash. Better is too different of a song and will probably turn off a lot of non casual fans off.

I think it wil be a #1 single, assuming MTV drives the video into the ground-which they will.

... :rofl-lol:

Sweet Child O' Mine, just barley made #1.

It was there for a week. That was back in the 80's where GN'R type music ruled the charts. It won't even come close to top 5.