Coolchef

Guest Bach

I'm worried there'll be too many ballads and epics and not enough straight out rockers. I also worry that there won't be any upbeat numbers. I also heard that it was being worked on by the guy who did Contraband and the production on that was awful.

I'll be worried if stuff like IRS is considered "top shelf." Granted, Merck himself stated that it wasn't even one of the 10 best songs he'd heard that were slated for CD, but sometimes I wonder if he was just downplaying it.

Lyrically, I just don't think the song's up to scratch. And it's too repetitive.

With regards to I.R.S. being one of the big guns and some people thinking that "lyrically" it is not impressvie, I would like to know what you think of Nightrain. The songs are very similar lyrically and they both fucking rock. And they are both very repetitive, which is DOES sound good.

I'm afraid it won't cure world hunger, end all wars, stop hatred, cure cancer, aids, and basically all disease. Have the names of all mygnr members in the credits, except kanada.

because with all the buildup, if it doesn't do these things, it just may be viewed as a flop.

Biggest fear(s)?

To little to late? Apathy on America part...inability to move on to the new era of GNR? To divergent of a sound. To commercial -to overproduced/underproduced. Two good songs and then a bunch of fillers. Something far far below Axls ability as a musician.

But my number one fear about this album......

that it doesn't live up to the hype and thus not worth spending so much time speculating on.

IRS and Better -better be nothing more or nothing less than the songs AXL said they were NOT considering on putting on the album. I think he said that at Leeds last time out.

Edited by rockerman

I'm afraid it won't cure world hunger, end all wars, stop hatred, cure cancer, aids, and basically all disease. Have the names of all mygnr members in the credits, except kanada.

because with all the buildup, if it doesn't do these things, it just may be viewed as a flop.

We'll still have our Supertramp discs.

I'm worried there'll be too many ballads and epics and not enough straight out rockers. I also worry that there won't be any upbeat numbers. I also heard that it was being worked on by the guy who did Contraband and the production on that was awful.

I agree with your first fear.

We just need a couple rockers.

Tbizzle

What would be your biggest disapointment? :chef:

Madagascar less good than it was in Rock In Rio III (not really a fear but I hope it will be as emotional) and Bucket's parts off the album are mine.

My only fears also, I love what ive heard of bucket on there, i really hope it stays! and as for madagascar, ive not heard a performance of it that betters RIR3. that was magical. i remember the first time i heard it, i must have listened to it a billion times!

other than that, my only fear WAS that it wont come out, but it seems now it IS :) this make cj happy!