You think Axl is a fan of Vevlet Revolver?

da_pope

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think axl would be a fan right now, but im sure he respects that they are trying to stick to hard rock rather than going pop. scotts voice just doesnt suit hard rock, much better as grunge, so a better vocalist and axl could be a fan of them.

I think Axl is a fan of good music. Velvet sucks.

Fuck up ya fucking wankstain vr fuckin rocks and at least they got fuckin balls to release music when all your precious axl releases is for completely shite demos that are better suited for fucking boybands, start comparing vr to this fucking cover band IF they actually have the balls to release anything official you stinking cunt, if it wasnt for them there wouldnt have been a gnr in the first place, and now this piece of shit cover band is making money out of slash duffs writing so fuck right off

deep breaths.

all your needless swearing isnt going to convince him. notice your the first person to act like this in the thread. he doesnt like vr, no need for you to blow up.

Buckcherry ROCKS! I think VR would be great if Mr. Todd joined them. I was so excited when I hear he was trying out with them. But I think we got the best out of it now as Buckcherry got back together and made a new album. If Mr.Todd joined VR we would never get the 3rd album from Buckcherry :shades:

rock1

VR were stupid not to have Josh Todd as lead singer ! Buckcherry is better sounding than VR. Although, I do like VR's stuff I think Josh Todd would have been better.

x2

x4

they would've been a kick-ass band with Josh Todd.

x5

Guns N' Roses > Buckcherry > New Guns/VR

Thats how I'd put it.

I think Axl is a fan of good music. Velvet sucks.

Fuck up ya fucking wankstain vr fuckin rocks and at least they got fuckin balls to release music when all your precious axl releases is for completely shite demos that are better suited for fucking boybands, start comparing vr to this fucking cover band IF they actually have the balls to release anything official you stinking cunt, if it wasnt for them there wouldnt have been a gnr in the first place, and now this piece of shit cover band is making money out of slash duffs writing so fuck right off

:xmassrudolph: stop the swearing

Axl would never comment. One of the reasons he really hasn't come out and spilled his guts was ..what did he say He didn't want to promote them? I would'nt be suprised if he didn't demand a pre-release listen to make sure that there was no material on there that belonged to the Guns and Roses corporation.

Remember Duff said in an interview in 95(?) that they had enough recorded material for an album already done.

When Sorum got the boot he went on record as saying they had over 200 hours of recorded material already completed.

It would be interesting to know how Axl thinks of VR and Contraband. He must have laughed his balls off when he heard Weiland was on vox..

Think of it Guns-the Rose having Weiland try to fill his shoes. Even the name...Velvet Revolver and the name Contraband....A not so subtle play on the past.

Why give Weiland shit? It´s not like he is some guy off the street, he released some really good songs with STP and their debut album is to this day a re very good and original piece of work. I think Weiland has a pretty good voice and is a great live peformer. It´s just stupid to dislike bands for the simple fact that the media likes to put them up against eachother and you buy into the lie. VR put out a pretty good album and are great live. GN´R are doing a great job live but we still haven´t heard the final piece of the puzzle, that being CD. Maybe we´ll have two good bands out there, and that is better than one.

Axl would never comment. One of the reasons he really hasn't come out and spilled his guts was ..what did he say He didn't want to promote them? I would'nt be suprised if he didn't demand a pre-release listen to make sure that there was no material on there that belonged to the Guns and Roses corporation.

Remember Duff said in an interview in 95(?) that they had enough recorded material for an album already done.

When Sorum got the boot he went on record as saying they had over 200 hours of recorded material already completed.

It would be interesting to know how Axl thinks of VR and Contraband. He must have laughed his balls off when he heard Weiland was on vox..

Think of it Guns-the Rose having Weiland try to fill his shoes. Even the name...Velvet Revolver and the name Contraband....A not so subtle play on the past.

Why give Weiland shit? It´s not like he is some guy off the street, he released some really good songs with STP and their debut album is to this day a re very good and original piece of work. I think Weiland has a pretty good voice and is a great live peformer. It´s just stupid to dislike bands for the simple fact that the media likes to put them up against eachother and you buy into the lie. VR put out a pretty good album and are great live. GN´R are doing a great job live but we still haven´t heard the final piece of the puzzle, that being CD. Maybe we´ll have two good bands out there, and that is better than one.

Actually I'm not really slagging Weiland or VR but thinking how Axl could have viewed it. Axl has more than once shown his disdain for the " mr. brownstoners" With all the shit that was going on at the recording and release of Contaband I'm sure it must have confirmed his belief.

I burned out on Contraband after about 4 times through it. Seldom listen to it, seldom refer to it. Could they do better? They damn well better and they damn well could. If you read the last line... I'm in the camp that thinks the GUNS of GUNS and Roses are Velvet Revolver. The trademark sound is with them. The linage to Appetite is with them... that being said Weiland would be wise to take his lyrics and his vocals to a whole nother level on this next VR album .because its a jungle out here and people are naturaly going to be wondering whats next... Especially since the newGNR play mostly songs from that era.

You know one doesn't have to take sides. idolizing something or someone is insane when it blinds you to other possibilities.

Actually I'm not really slagging Weiland or VR but thinking how Axl could have viewed it. Axl has more than once shown his disdain for the " mr. brownstoners" With all the shit that was going on at the recording and release of Contaband I'm sure it must have confirmed his belief.

I burned out on Contraband after about 4 times through it. Seldom listen to it, seldom refer to it. Could they do better? They damn well better and they damn well could. If you read the last line... I'm in the camp that thinks the GUNS of GUNS and Roses are Velvet Revolver. The trademark sound is with them. The linage to Appetite is with them... that being said Weiland would be wise to take his lyrics and his vocals to a whole nother level on this next VR album .because its a jungle out here and people are naturaly going to be wondering whats next... Especially since the newGNR play mostly songs from that era.

You know one doesn't have to take sides. idolizing something or someone is insane when it blinds you to other possibilities.

In that case, we´re looking at it from the same point of view I guess. ;)

Axl once siad in a Rolling Stone interview that he found the work of the other band members after they left "interesting"

Although I believe he was dissapointed that Slash worked with Michael Jackson

You play and write music that you like,

:rolleyes:

That´s actually not true, at least not for me. I can enjoy to play alot of music that I don´t really ever listen to. And being in a band creating music with other people doesn´t really end up always creating music you personally like in your "free time", but you can still enjoy playing it and liking what your band is doing. Do you get what I mean? :)

What do you think?

I would say NO ! VR were stupid not to have Josh Todd as lead singer ! Buckcherry is better sounding than VR. Although, I do like VR's stuff I think Josh Todd would have been better.

Rainman rock3

Hell no..............Buckcherry is corny and outdated.

Velvet Revolver would of been forced to do corny videos like THIS.

Scott Weiland is a better singer, writer, and performer than Todd anyday.

Well, regardless of if he is a fan or not, he should take a good look at how a group of middle aged dudes found a way to make an album that most people between ages 13 to 40 seemed to enjoy.

VR was successful because there was a need for a balls out rock band. There always will be. I'm not sure there's a need for Axl outside of these forums. That's been true ever since dolphins made their way into his music videos.

We'll probably never get a honest answer from Axl. He's pretty much obligated to hate VR and Scott after this.

Didn't Slash say something about Axl telling a mutual friend of theirs that he wished he had done the production of Contraband, or something similar to that?

Edited by Dead Flower

Truthfully who really gives a crap if he likes them or not.

*gasp* I take it that you don't. But this is Axl and this is all things Axl Land. That being said I'm suprised that some one hasn't speculated on rather Axl is a boxer or a briefs man.......... :rofl-lol:

Don't get me wrong I think Axl is great and he is a very talented artist. But some of these topics really make me laugh. I mean comon, does he like VR. Even if he did like them do you really think he would admit that he did after all that him and the members of VR have been through for all the years? I really think that VR is overrated as can be but could really care less if Axl likes or dislikes them. All I want to know is where is this album that we have been sitting around waiting for. All the times we have gotten our hopes up kinda reminds me of almost getting off and then just at the absolute worst time getting kicked in the balls.