Sabastian Bach

mr.drummin

"These days," says Bach with a laugh, "I say, Velvet who?' "

didn't he audition for VR and was serioously considered before they took on Scott?

I really doubt that he was "seriously considered". :rolleyes:

As a live singer i'm not sure what i make of Sabastian Bach. I think VR did good opting for Scott over Bach. Not that i'm a fan of VR. I guess it's not easy finding good lead singers.

Check out the SNL performances of Skid Row. Bach was fucking note for note on the spot while kicking ass all over the stage.

If a dude gets major leading roles on Broadway, you know he's a damn good live singer.

So he's gifted with a great voice......................so what.

Give him a pen and a notebook and tell him to write a good song.

HE CAN'T!!!!!

That's why he was fired from Skid Row!!!!

Actualy that is 100% bullshit. He was fired from Skid Row for his eratic and controversial behavior.

A8R

That's part of the reason. They wanted to evolve but Bach couldn't. He was just along for the ride just like Steven Adler was to Guns. And even today Bach is gravy training Axl.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Know a thing or two about Skid Row before making such moronic statements.

He was kicked out of the band because of the growing animosity between him and his band members. I believe the last straw was Sebastian threatening to kick their asses because they didn't wanna tour with KISS at some point, which was one of Baz's all-time dreams.

Sebastian also gradually took part in writing some lyrics. The other band members wanted to keep him down, but Sebastian clearly stated that he didn't wanna be a Vince Neil. Baz contributed material to songs in 'Slave to the Grind' and some of those songs have the best Skid Row lyrics ever. Just because Baz ain't the dominant force in Skid Row like Axl in Guns, it doesn't mean he can't write, like you stupidly assume.

That's part of the reason. They wanted to evolve but Bach couldn't. He was just along for the ride just like Steven Adler was to Guns. And even today Bach is gravy training Axl.

Pure bullshit. There was no clear desire for the other members to "evolve". They were frustrated because Baz was becoming the dominant member of the band and they had to hand everything into him before making anything concrete. Baz's expectations of Skid Row were higher than theirs.

Edited by bluesy

"These days," says Bach with a laugh, "I say, Velvet who?' "

didn't he audition for VR and was serioously considered before they took on Scott?

I really doubt that he was "seriously considered". :rolleyes:

As a live singer i'm not sure what i make of Sabastian Bach. I think VR did good opting for Scott over Bach. Not that i'm a fan of VR. I guess it's not easy finding good lead singers.

Check out the SNL performances of Skid Row. Bach was fucking note for note on the spot while kicking ass all over the stage.

If a dude gets major leading roles on Broadway, you know he's a damn good live singer.

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Actualy that is 100% bullshit. He was fired from Skid Row for his eratic and controversial behavior.

A8R

HAHAHA, the only thing Skid Row evolved into after Baz was gone was a shitty punk wanna-be band with their new lead singer named Jonny Solinger. They can;t even sell 4000 seats these days, I bet you didn't even know they toured last year.

A8R

HE CAN'T!!!!!

He was kicked out of the band because of the growing animosity between him and his band members. I believe the last straw was Sebastian threatening to kick their asses because they didn't wanna tour with KISS at some point, which was one of Baz's all-time dreams.

Sebastian also gradually took part in writing some lyrics. The other band members wanted to keep him down, but Sebastian clearly stated that he didn't wanna be a Vince Neil. Baz contributed material to songs in 'Slave to the Grind' and some of those songs have the best Skid Row lyrics ever. Just because Baz ain't the dominant force in Skid Row like Axl in Guns, it doesn't mean he can't write, like you stupidly assume.

Name the so called "songs" that Bach helped write in Slave. If anything he contributed to 1. Just listen to his solo stuff. That's the worst shit ever. And if he wanted to tour with KISS, then he deserved to be fired. You can defend him all you want and blast me of my lack of knowledge of the 80's cock rock band Skid Row all you want. I count my blessings at that. I listen to REAL music..........go ahead and study up on your KISS, and your 80's cheese metal, mainstream bullshit all you want.

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Name the so called "songs" that Bach helped write in Slave. If anything he contributed to 1. Just listen to his solo stuff. That's the worst shit ever. And if he wanted to tour with KISS, then he deserved to be fired. You can defend him all you want and blast me of my lack of knowledge of the 80's cock rock band Skid Row all you want. I count my blessings at that. I listen to REAL music..........go ahead and study up on your KISS, and your 80's cheese metal, mainstream bullshit all you want.

Actually, if you knew much about Skid Row you would know that they toured with Guns N' Roses for a long time at their prime...and they were opening for them. This would mean that GNR was 80's mainstream and Skid Row was slightly lesser but very good and similar to GNR. Once again, you shot yourelf in the foot, I would stop arguing at this point to avoid making yourself look like any more of a dumbass.

A8R

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Cock rock? LOL. So do you include GN'R in the cock rock/cheesy mainstream bullshit scene, or the "real music" scene?

Edited by GNRfan2008

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Actually, if you knew much about Skid Row you would know that they toured with Guns N' Roses for a long time at their prime...and they were opening for them. This would mean that GNR was 80's mainstream and Skid Row was slightly lesser but very good and similar to GNR. Once again, you shot yourelf in the foot, I would stop arguing at this point to avoid making yourself look like any more of a dumbass.

A8R

Similar my ass.................you can't even put GnR in the same category as Skid Row. GnR had their own sound and their own movement. Skid Row fits in the same category as Winger, Bulletboys, Poison, etc...etc.. And I don't give Skid Row any kind of credit for opening up for GnR in the early 90's. They were the the flavor of the week at that time.

Similar to GnR???? HA!!!!!!!!

Your musical taste is as bad as your engine in your 83 Camaro and your oily mullet. :rolleyes:

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Hey dipshit, you've clearly strayed from the point of our argument. You made assumptions regarding Skid Row without knowing the facts and I wanted to make the truth clear to all the the readers. Now you wanna generalize about my musical taste based on my admiration of Skid Row and Bach. What a ham you are.

Cock rock? LOL. So do you include GN'R in the cock rock scene, the cheesy mainstream bullshit scene, or the "real music" scene?

You could argue that bands like Guns, Skid, Crue, Jovi, Aero, Poison are all in the same boat. But then again, I'm not going to. ;)

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

Cock rock? LOL. So do you include GN'R in the cock rock scene, the cheesy mainstream bullshit scene, or the "real music" scene?

You could argue that bands like Guns, Skid, Crue, Jovi, Aero, Poison are all in the same boat. But then again, I'm not going to. ;)

Well yes, of course. GN'R is very mainstream, their lyrics (from Appetite at least) were very cock-rock oriented. But most would also point out that Axl and the former members had a much higher level of intensity to them. Much of that was due to Axl's paranoia and anger. You can just hear the anger coming through his voice on Appetite. Most 80's "hair metal" sounds like a complete joke compared to not just Axl's vocals, but the musicianship of GN'R itself. I once read something that I think is very fitting:

"GN'R is what hair metal SHOULD have been."

But since hair metal WASN'T that damn good, then GN'R must have been something special. Many folks thought they'd be the next Rolling Stones. They combined AC/DC, punk rock, the Stones, and Aerosmith into one kickass sounding rock band.

Edited by GNRfan2008

Excellent performance of 18 & Life here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadFGSPGQj8

Thanks for that Bluedog! :)

I've got/had that whole show downloaded... got Crue, Jovi... fucking amazing. B)

And wow... not much can touch Sebastian Bach in those days, he was everything a rock star should be. rock3

No prob. ;)

That was one hell of a concert. The finale is crazy good, too, with Bonham, Neil, Sixx, Bach and others joining in on 'Rock N' Roll'. rock3

More like.........."GN'R is what hair metal WANTED to be."

And Skid Row does not take exception.

The were just as lame as all of them. Just because they tried to display a "bad boy" image, people like bluesy and allen think they are cool and can rock.

Bach is nothing more than a performer.............he's not an artist.

Quit ragging on Baz!!! He's a great frontman, and his vocal work in songs such as "I remember you" and "wasted time" is amazing, even if its not as hard, or quite the same style as Axl. I really enjoy Skid Row's music, and I respect Sebastian as a performer, artist, and rock fan. (he does get a little overexcited from what i've seen, but I am the same way.) If he says CHIDEM is awesome, its gotta be at least pretty darn good.

Well yes, of course. GN'R is very mainstream, their lyrics (from Appetite at least) were very cock-rock oriented. But most would also point out that Axl and the former members had a much higher level of intensity to them. Much of that was due to Axl's paranoia and anger. You can just hear the anger coming through his voice on Appetite. Most 80's "hair metal" sounds like a complete joke compared to not just Axl's vocals, but the musicianship of GN'R itself. I once read something that I think is very fitting:

But since hair metal WASN'T that damn good, then GN'R must have been something special. Many folks thought they'd be the next Rolling Stones. They combined AC/DC, punk rock, the Stones, and Aerosmith into one kickass sounding rock band.

Axl and the boys didn't just look bad-ass, they were angry. It helped that Axl was a pretty boy... but you just knew he was a rough diamond.

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Hey dipshit, you've clearly strayed from the point of our argument. You made assumptions regarding Skid Row without knowing the facts and I wanted to make the truth clear to all the the readers. Now you wanna generalize about my musical taste based on my admiration of Skid Row and Bach. What a ham you are.

Go ahead and blast me all you want for not knowing my Skid Row history. I prefer not to waste my time learning about Skid Row or any crappy band for that matter. They broke up and I'm glad they did.............it's just rediculous to see Bach gravy train somebody every chance he gets.

Savaged Animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE CAN'T!!!!!

Go ahead and blast me all you want for not knowing my Skid Row history. I prefer not to waste my time learning about Skid Row or any crappy band for that matter. They broke up and I'm glad they did.............it's just rediculous to see Bach gravy train somebody every chance he gets.

its not really blasting, its just know your facts before you post shit that aint true. now admitting that you dont know your skid row history makes youe seem like a jerk off (rightfully so) for previously posting on the topic.

HE CAN'T!!!!!

its not really blasting, its just know your facts before you post shit that aint true. now admitting that you dont know your skid row history makes youe seem like a jerk off (rightfully so) for previously posting on the topic.

I'm not back off none of my statements. I've read that he was fired because he was basically like Steven Adler. There are two sides to every story..............like the cliche "They thought he was getting too big for the band so he had to be fired" bullshit.

And I am sure as hell not backing off that Bach cannot write. He could not be creative when it comes to coming up with a band name let alone lyrics.

You look like a jerk off and somebody not knowledgable about rock if you compare GnR to Skid Row.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

HE CAN'T!!!!!

I'm not back off none of my statements. I've read that he was fired because he was basically like Steven Adler. There are two sides to every story..............like the cliche "They thought he was getting too big for the band so he had to be fired" bullshit.

And I am sure as hell not backing off that Bach cannot write. He could not be creative when it comes to coming up with a band name let alone lyrics.

You look like a jerk off and somebody not knowledgable about rock if you compare GnR to Skid Row.

first of all, i dont even really like skid row and would never compare them to gnr. that being said, since i dont like or know alot about them, i would never go on and post shit on here about them based on things "i've read."

i hope that clears things up.