Hypothetical Question

Vincent Vega

Hey

A lot of people complain that Axl continuing on with the GN'R name was a bad move, and that the GN'R of today isn't really GN'R. Well, a question...If Paul McCartney and George Harrison left the Beatles in 1969, but Lennon and Ringo continued on as the Beatles, and let's say a few years later, released songs which would've been Lennon solo songs such as "Give Peace a Chance" or "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" could it have been legitimized as being the Beatles?

I think Axl made the wrong move in delaying the album for so long. If he had released an album in 1997 after Slash left, and some albums after that as well, I think many more people (and the media in general) would recognize it as being GN'R, especially if the albums were good and GN'R toured to support them and the new members gave interviews.

Your Thoughts?

Hey

A lot of people complain that Axl continuing on with the GN'R name was a bad move, and that the GN'R of today isn't really GN'R. Well, a question...If Paul McCartney and George Harrison left the Beatles in 1969, but Lennon and Ringo continued on as the Beatles, and let's say a few years later, released songs which would've been Lennon solo songs such as "Give Peace a Chance" or "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" could it have been legitimized as being the Beatles?

I think Axl made the wrong move in delaying the album for so long. If he had released an album in 1997 after Slash left, and some albums after that as well, I think many more people (and the media in general) would recognize it as being GN'R, especially if the albums were good and GN'R toured to support them and the new members gave interviews.

Your Thoughts?

John Lennon is a dead hypocritte who sat on Merv Griffin spouting "Peace, love and dope" but alienated his own first son because he did not come from his dipshit wife Yoko, Sean got all the cash and look how great he is. John Lennon dies and Oprah took his place as the biggest hypocritte on Earth.

Paul is a genius and wrote the majority of the great songs , Hey Jude, Yesterday etc. So lets just take John Lennon out of any conversation, he would be in jail for no child support if he pulled his bullshit today.

I dont see too many people complaining about much except lack of variety in set lists actually. Which is actually becoming less of a problem with every show. Dont mean to jump on you dude, but I loathe that freebird lil bitch.

Hey

Your Thoughts?

it's funny you said that, slash said the exact thing in an interview a few years back, and it's a good point. but this isnt the beatles, its gnr, and they seem to be doing well with a new lineup, somehow i dont think it would have worked for the beatles!

Hey

Your Thoughts?

John Lennon is a dead hypocritte who sat on Merv Griffin spouting "Peace, love and dope" but alienated his own first son because he did not come from his dipshit wife Yoko, Sean got all the cash and look how great he is. John Lennon dies and Oprah took his place as the biggest hypocritte on Earth.

Paul is a genius and wrote the majority of the great songs , Hey Jude, Yesterday etc. So lets just take John Lennon out of any conversation, he would be in jail for no child support if he pulled his bullshit today.

I dont see too many people complaining about much except lack of variety in set lists actually. Which is actually becoming less of a problem with every show. Dont mean to jump on you dude, but I loathe that freebird lil bitch.

Well said. Despite being a Lennon fan (his music only), I could not agree with you more...

Hey

Your Thoughts?

right on man!, i have constant arguements with my girlfriend over this stupid fucker lennon, for someone who sings about peace, and preached peace, the idiot couldnt even find inner peace, nothing but a stupid hypocrite, i look at lennon now, look at the time his peace shit was released, and came to one conclusion, his songs were memorable, but alot of people were striving for peace at that time, i think he had his eye on the dollar!

For me Axl is and allways was GnR so i don't mind either way :)

Yeah, all you have to do is listen to the old members solo/current projects and it becomes obvious who was the talent in GNR.

That isn't to bash the old guys either, I still listen to a bit of VR and Slash is still my fav guitarist of all time, but Guns N' Roses was primarily led by Axl who is the most musicaly talented.

A8R

For me Axl is and allways was GnR so i don't mind either way :)

Yeah, all you have to do is listen to the old members solo/current projects and it becomes obvious who was the talent in GNR.

That isn't to bash the old guys either, I still listen to a bit of VR and Slash is still my fav guitarist of all time, but Guns N' Roses was primarily led by Axl who is the most musicaly talented.

A8R

Agree... When I first started listening to GNR and posting on forums on the internet I always defended Slash and said GNR is not GNR without him. I've changed my opinion since that time. After seeing GNR twice this summer in Norway I feel that GNR need Axl the most. No doubt about it, he is talented. When GNR was in their heyday with Slash, Duff.. they really rocked. However, times are changing and so has GNR. The new line-up is great and it's a kick-ass band. AND it still has the GUNS N' ROSES feel to it. In my opinion. Axl has really pulled thing thing together. Well done Axl rock3

Hey

Your Thoughts?

I was kinda hoping they give that guy that shot John Lennon parol so he could take out the next victim on his hit list who surely must be Oprah

Edited by Opax

Hey

Your Thoughts?

I was kinda hoping they give that guy that shot John Lennon parol so he could take out the next victim on his hit list who surely must be Oprah

You're an idiot then; if you don't like Oprah, don't watch her, its really quite simple............

ANYWAY, I'd have far more respect for Axl if he would have let the name go...its not Guns n' roses without the Guns; and based on the demos/leaks and the stuff that Slash, Duff, Izzy have done since they've left, it clearly was the collaboration of them all that made them so great. Although they all put on kickass shows, there is no more magic :no: .........

I think the members of the band decide. Like if Paul had gone on as The Beatles and George and Ringo said it was great then fine. But they probably would have said "eh eh calm down."

But in GNR case Slash and Duff and just about everyone took issue with Axl's decisions. Axl showed no respect for them. But fuck them!!! He out played them in all departments. You snooze you lose.

Axl owns GNR and seems to doing quite well all round.

This ain't rock n roll, this is genocide.

Hey

Your Thoughts?

julian lennon got a lot of money from john. and, john's first wife had just as much to do with him not seeing his dad. lennon was a junkie until the mid 70s or so when they had sean. cynthia knew about this, and they agreed it would be best for julian to be with cyn.....lennon was a total asshole, but he never outright rejected julian, and he didnt deprive him of money.....did cynthia or julian ever work a day job? i rest my case....

not to mention the fact that the beatles were john lennon's band. if you like bland, maudlin, sentimental crap, then paul's your guy. it would have been far more likely for the beatles to continue as john, george, ringo, and whomever than any other way....all three hated paul, and it was paul who broke up the band, not yoko or john.

and there's a reason why john is the most revered of the four, it's because he wrote the best lyrics and had a voice with real character. macca's great, but he's a pop singer. john was rock n roll.

as far as gn'r are concerned, i think axl has every right to use the name if wants to, despite it being in bad taste in my opinion. to me, gn'r was creatively axl and izzy's to begin with. izzy comes back sporadically and the rest of them are on the outs with him.

Edited by ohyesindeed

Hypothetical Thought: Since Axl is the only remaining member, can he continue to call the band Guns N'Roses and sell merchandise under the name (Guns N'Roses). Seeing as there is only one rose (no roses) and no guns (only hired hands) can any of this come under the umbrella that is otherwise known as the *trade descriptions act* or *selling goods under false pretenses* :D

Edited by dobadog