New appreciation for the band

SlashisGOD

Well I just saw the show lat night in Huntington and it was fabulous. Axl was dead on and the rest of the band kicked so much ass that it is indescribable really. Watching Bumblefoot, Fortus and Finck tear up the songs made me think that they don't need Slash at all. It was such an amazing night. Along with the usual material they added Down On the Farm, You're Crazy and Rocket Queen. All the CD songs were played, except for Madagascar and TWAT and they sounded awesome. Ron's perfomance of Don't Cry was absolutely awesome. Damn, I'm proud to be a Guns N' Fucking Roses fan after last night!

SIG, I'm more than happy having Slash in VR and hopefully having 2 good bands to follow instead of 1, but saying GNR doesn't need Slash anymore is a lot like saying Teresa Heinz Kerry doesn't need her late hubby anymore. Well, no shit, she inherited the secret formula and fortune for herself. Probably doesn't miss the poor SOB in the least.

So, no doubt, if you're good with possibly getting a new album every 10 years or so and the occasional tour with 95% old music, no reason to miss Slash at all... :rofl-lol:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

SIG, I'm more than happy having Slash in VR and hopefully having 2 good bands to follow instead of 1, but saying GNR doesn't need Slash anymore is a lot like saying Teresa Heinz Kerry doesn't need her late hubby anymore. Well, no shit, she inherited the secret formula and fortune for herself. Probably doesn't miss the poor SOB in the least.

So, no doubt, if you're good with possibly getting a new album every 10 years or so and the occasional tour with 95% old music, no reason to miss Slash at all... :rofl-lol:

Yeah, seriously, just go and watch the November Rain video and that's proof at how necessary he really is. And to think I've gone on the past months ranting otherwise.

Well I just saw the show lat night in Huntington and it was fabulous. Axl was dead on and the rest of the band kicked so much ass that it is indescribable really. Watching Bumblefoot, Fortus and Finck tear up the songs made me think that they don't need Slash at all. It was such an amazing night. Along with the usual material they added Down On the Farm, You're Crazy and Rocket Queen. All the CD songs were played, except for Madagascar and TWAT and they sounded awesome. Ron's perfomance of Don't Cry was absolutely awesome. Damn, I'm proud to be a Guns N' Fucking Roses fan after last night!

I agree with you a 100%

I felt the same way after attending a show this past Spring. Maybe because my expectations were low, I don't know. I just felt blown away by the band. Before seeing them live, I was critic; when I came home, I was a supporter.

No doubt it's a good show. Axl doesn't need Slash now that he has a GNR cover band.

nah man, he was reffering to that Axl dont need Slash cus he got Finck/Fortus/Thal to play the fuck outa the songs rock3 rock1

Isn't that what I said???

No doubt it's a good show. Axl doesn't need Slash now that he has a GNR cover band.

nah man, he was reffering to that Axl dont need Slash cus he got Finck/Fortus/Thal to play the fuck outa the songs rock3 rock1

Isn't that what I said???

GNR cover band... ? :shocked: it's a new and fresh band which will rock... calling it a cover band is so lame, get a life

I felt the same way after attending a show this past Spring. Maybe because my expectations were low, I don't know. I just felt blown away by the band. Before seeing them live, I was critic; when I came home, I was a supporter.

I completely agree with you !!

I'm sure they can play the fuck out of the old material live, they have some very talented people in the new lineup.

I wonder how good they can write and create melodies compared to the old band...that's all I care about...

I think Madagascar, CD, TWAT, CITR and IRS are a unanimous testament to the aforementioned song writing ability.

Comon, enjoy Velvet Revolver and GNR and don't complain cause whether you like or not, Slash isn't coming back anytime soon.

True, but including the statement that GNR doesn't need Slash is going to invite huge debate and you must've known that when making the original post.

Slash must be pretty damn important because it seems the GNR camp, New Guns fans and old Guns fans all can't stop talking about him. Pretty amazing really...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Comon, enjoy Velvet Revolver and GNR and don't complain cause whether you like or not, Slash isn't coming back anytime soon.

True, but including the statement that GNR doesn't need Slash is going to invite huge debate and you must've known that when making the original post.

Slash must be pretty damn important because it seems the GNR camp, New Guns fans and old Guns fans all can't stop talking about him. Pretty amazing really...

there will never be another Slash, he embodied the bad, his style was hypnotic, he was just epic, but the Yankees have won world series since babe ruth left, GNR can win without slash, maybe just not in four straight :shades:

there will never be another Slash, he embodied the bad, his style was hypnotic, he was just epic, but the Yankees have won world series since babe ruth left, GNR can win without slash, maybe just not in four straight :shades:

Nice Gunzen, that's a cool take. We'll see, hopefully soon...

Well yeah Slash WAS important to Guns when he was in the band but he's not anymore so Robin and the other guys are the ones who are important now. Hey I love Slash obviously since my username is Slash is God but I love GNR too. Actually if one of the original guys could come back I'd rather see Izzy back.

Edited by SlashisGOD

I saw GnR with Slash and Duff four times so when I went to the gigs this summer I was apprehensive. But they ROCKED. rock3 In fact I prefer the new line up. There's a nice tight feel to the band and there is more interaction between them, especially Tommy and Axl. It was fun to watch. rock3