blame buckethead that CD aint out yet

Charlierose

I agree with most of that.

Buckethead is a dick and could never come close to bbf in terms of fitting in with GNR. Chicken face was a great guitarist but reduced the bands credibility to a minus figure.

I'd have no problem with the guy if he'd just take the damn get up off and let his playing talk for him, rather than his halloween costume. His fans will come on and claim he does that so he can let his art do the talking, but thats true, he wouldn't have needed a gimmick in the first place.

bbf is better at a lot of the technical aspects he uses than Bucket is too, although I'd say he was better overall.

But in GNR, it's bbf by plenty...

Do you play guitar? Do you work in the industry? Do you know anything about guitar playing and the guitar community? I agree Buckethead was not a good fit for GNR, but do not say that Bumblefoot is better at ANY aspects of guitar playing than Buckethead. Seriously dude, that is so far from the truth. Ask any credible guitar player or guitar virtuoso about Buckethead. Trust me on this... He is really THAT GOOD. Buckethead is so good that people can't grasp it. I am not going to start comparing guitarist for a number of reasons. Any intermediate guitar player can play the entire GNR catalogue. I defy those same guitarists to even play 95% of what Buckethead does. He does stuff that he does not even get credit for because no one knows what he is doing, and/or they think it is something done through skillfull engineering. Buckethead uses guitar set-ups that would confuse almost every guitarist. I think Bumblefoot is a great guitarist and a stand-up guy. Buckethead is a PHENOMINAL guitarist. His technical abilites piss on some of the greatest of guitarists. Buckethead plays some of the most difficult music you will ever see in your life. If Bucket is not on the CD it will suffer unimaginably. Comparing Bumblefoot to Buckethead is just not right. I am sure Ron would agree with me on this. There is a reason Buckethead "stupid mask and bucket and all", are so highly regarded despite his rediculous appearance. This should tell you something......

not many (good) guitarists are gonna agree with you on that... i can pull off most of buckets tricks, short of 7 and 8 finger tapping (and i don't care to learn, because it sounds like random shit), i'd say i could pull of 80% of his shit, big sur moon is actually REALLY easy. BBF is a totally different story, his solos are so frantic, they're close to impossible to learn, whereas bucket recycles his riffs much more. he does the triplet legato pull off on 2 strings riff for almost EVERY solo, he's still good, but not even in my top 10.

Oh, and BBF confirmed he WILL be on some tracks. :)

What does the triplet legato pull off on 2 strings sound like? Can you reference anything from the 2002 recordings in concert?

Watch Nighttrain from Rio. I belive thats the lick quads talking about. And yes Quad, I totally agree with you about that aspect. However, I'd like to see anyone pull off his "chicken picking" solo from Rio. Friggin nuts

I would say Axl wasnt happy at the idea of having buckethead on the album after he shafted guns when he left. Im sure the delay is just bumblefoot putting his guitaring in place of bucket of bolts,... Ron's a great guy, im glad he got a chance to actully be on the album. No man can play a fretles guitar like him. ive tried and its damn near impossible... Bumblefoot rocks and he has a great personality which buckethead definately did not. Buckets career might as well be over now cause all loyal GNR fans think hes a dickhead for quiting and leaving his band in the lurch...

well im glad he left because he didnt look the part like thay didnt look like a rock n band in 01 and 02 but now ther just amazing, robins new style and everything

I think they should have either Buckethead or Bumblefoot on the CD, not some sogs by Buckethead and some by Bumblefoot.

And I have to say, I would like to hear Buckethead on it.

I don't play guitar and I don't know, who is technically the better player, but I have to say, I don't really care, who plays faster and who can break the speed of sound with his guitar.

I think, what really matters is, if I like the solos. Are they good melodies or just some high-speed stuff. And I really love Buckethead playing the GN'R stuff. I listened to the Boston '02 bootleg a few days ago and his nightrain, november rain and you could be mine solo is just untoucheable. Bumblefoot shreds way too much. I'm sure he could play some real bad-ass solos, but he's just shredding everything that comes in his way. Ron is a nice guy, but as a guitar player I prefer Buckethead.