Nov 21 .. and other release date rumors/speculation

Allen8R

I'm sure you guys will be slightly confused about the title for obvious reasons, seeing as how Jan 28 2006 has long passed according to our calendars.

What I am thinking of is the chinese calendar. It would be a clever stunt pulled by GNR but since there is an obvious chinese theme going on with the band now, it would be a possibility they are planning the release according to the chinese calendar.

The first day of the chinese new year this year is the 29th of Jan by our calendars, which is a Wednesday. So with that in mind Canada and the US could have until the 28th of Jan to get the album and the UK the 27th.

I don't exaclty have all the faith in the world about this theory, It's just something that popped into my mind when I noticed there was a "made in China" tage on the GNR hat I bought at the Ottawa show a few days ago (which kicked more ass that Chuck Norris's boots, by-the-way).

A8R

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your hat was made in china because it's cheaper to get products made by their slave labor, then by union workers in this country. ;)

:laugh: I know that man, seeing the China tag there just got me thinking about the irony of it as Chinese government being a dictatorship and what it must be like. One thought led so another and this theory popped out.

A8R

I ove the imaginations around here , I'll tell ya with all these different conspiracy therioes on why CD isn't out , when it's coming out , what is Axl thinking about , all the different release dates people keep on coming up with . These are really some intresting and entertaining reads I'll tell you what ;) , Heck I don't think I could come up with anything better , IMO The reason it's not out is simple - We're not ready for it yet ( Well in Axl's mind anyway :D ) .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Your hat was made in china because it's cheaper to get products made by their slave labor, then by union workers in this country. ;)

China actually just passed reforms that will give their workers more of a right to unionize than here, as they have (if I am not mistaken) outlawed union busting. Funny how the evil dictatorship has better policy for the masses than the land of the free (or at least the cheap) and the home of the brave, eh?

Back on topic: interesting theory, but I don't think that the album delay is nearly as inteligent as you give it credit for. It's just not coming out on schedule, as usual.

Also, when Merck gave us the number of tuesdays left in the year, it wasn't on a chinese callendar...

Yeah, just one problem.

Merck said last month "There are ten Tuesdays left before the end of the year. It will come out on one of them."

So if they're planning on "tricking us" (which would be really pathetic, stupid and misleading and insulting to fans everywhere), Merck wouldn't have told us exactly how many Tuesdays were left on the western calendar.

I know I don't post here a lot but I have just been brain storming and it would seem the most logical day to release the album is Dec. 12 if it is gonna be by this year at least from a touring stand point because GNR has that day off and then a concert in fresno the next day then a few days off before the 3 LA shows which would be the best chance they have to do promotion for the album since tons of talk and news shows are based out there. Plus in an interesting note according to the Eagles of Death Metal's myspace they are doing a private party on Dec. 15th in LA could this maybe be some sort of ChiDem release party? Who knows? Plus one last note another article i read, said the quickest they can make a cd is about a month, so i mean it is possible they handed the masters in about a week and a half ago and it could be out by then. This is me just sorta trying to think a bit logically about it. Let me know what ya'll think if ya want. take it easy and don't worry about it too much when it comes out it comes out there is nothing we can do about it.

Edited by axlmanatee

I know I don't post here a lot but I have just been brain storming and it would seem the most logical day to release the album is Dec. 12 if it is gonna be by this year at least from a touring stand point because GNR has that day off and then a concert in fresno the next day then a few days off before the 3 LA shows which would be the best chance they have to do promotion for the album since tons of talk and news shows are based out there. Plus in an interesting note according to the Eagles of Death Metal's myspace they are doing a private party on Dec. 15th in LA could this maybe be some sort of ChiDem release party? Who knows? Plus one last note another article i read, said the quickest they can make a cd is about a month, so i mean it is possible they handed the masters in about a week and a half ago and it could be out by then. This is me just sorta trying to think a bit logically about it. Let me know what ya'll think if ya want. take it easy and don't worry about it too much when it comes out it comes out there is nothing we can do about it.

I actually have two tickets for december 15th in Oakland, sec 128. So I dont know what the hell you are talking about, but thanks anyway.

P.S. I will be at Fresno too.

Edited by Gunzen

I actually have two tickets for december 15th in Oakland, sec 128. So I dont know what the hell you are talking about, but thanks anyway.

P.S. I will be at Fresno too.

I am just saying the eagles are doing a private party that night whose to say that Axl and co. can't party all night haha.

I wonder if we're going to get a different thread for each Tuesday from now until the album is actually released... <_<

Most likely.

Most of the time more than one.

Well arent you all a bunch of flatliners. I was just trying to point out something logically, sorry for actually trying to think.

Yeah, just one problem.

Merck said last month "There are ten Tuesdays left before the end of the year. It will come out on one of them."

So if they're planning on "tricking us" (which would be really pathetic, stupid and misleading and insulting to fans everywhere), Merck wouldn't have told us exactly how many Tuesdays were left on the western calendar.

Thats a good enough argument, but what kind of a dingleberry would beleive anything that guy says after the Portland cancelation's official statement?

A8R

EDIT. AWSOME, 666 posts!

Edited by allen8r