do you ever think we will ever get the album that the original

johnptfunk

there is a post here right now that suggests that an album was actually finished and i was just curious about it more in depth. someone said that the original line up had fully finished an album, like it was done but then they broke up. how true is that statement and if it is true do you think that we would ever get it? a leak, a demo? maybe when axl passes away? what do you think? also, what kind of direction was the beand heading in in that "unreleased" album? rock, hard rock, ballads? if this has been a subject before i appologise and please direct me to the right location on the form to get more news. thanks much!

Edited by johnptfunk

They did indeed complete an album after The Spaghetti Incident. Duff said it was about thirteen tracks and there weren't going to be any ballads - it was going to be a straight and proper rock record like AFD. However, after Slash left, everything began to fall apart, and the album never saw the light of day.

I'm confident we'll receive TONS of "unreleased material" years from now when the band is long gone. Universal will try to cash in on the band's fame - as EMI have done with the Beatles - and release all types of demos, sessions, unreleased recordings, etc. We'll probably also get a "Chinese Democracy Sessions 1997 - 2006" type box set, or something like that.

They'll do anything to squeeze money out of people. This is something I'd love to buy, though.

there is a post here right now that suggests that an album was actually finished and i was just curious about it more in depth. someone said that the original line up had fully finished an album, like it was done but then they broke up. how true is that statement and if it is true do you think that we would ever get it? a leak, a demo? maybe when axl passes away? what do you think? also, what kind of direction was the beand heading in in that "unreleased" album? rock, hard rock, ballads? if this has been a subject before i appologise and please direct me to the right location on the form to get more news. thanks much!

Good post dude...

No one knows except a few people how many songs Axl recorded with old and new gnr members..

It would be great to listen to all of them....

Imagine Axl's voice on 1995... it was on top..., unluckily he adopted the mickey mouse voice on 1999...

As a personal opinion it would have been great if the band would have remained as the original line up (except adler).., but I have to recognize that I also embrace the new line up and demos like TWAT make me belive the new album will be worth the wait..... Anyway the direction that GNR had from appetite to UYI's was great. In my opinion the chemistry of each former member made the band unique...

Some people may say that bucket is better than slash.., and in a way, it may be true... but finally all our GNR knowledge is based on OLD GNR, so we must thank slash and all the former members for our GNR love.

Finally I gotta say that I appreciate Robin a lot..., but his guitar skills are far from slash or bucket ones...

They did indeed complete an album after The Spaghetti Incident. Duff said it was about thirteen tracks and there weren't going to be any ballads - it was going to be a straight and proper rock record like AFD. However, after Slash left, everything began to fall apart, and the album never saw the light of day.

I'm confident we'll receive TONS of "unreleased material" years from now when the band is long gone. Universal will try to cash in on the band's fame - as EMI have done with the Beatles - and release all types of demos, sessions, unreleased recordings, etc. We'll probably also get a "Chinese Democracy Sessions 1997 - 2006" type box set, or something like that.

They'll do anything to squeeze money out of people. This is something I'd love to buy, though.

hahaha dude, ur sig is fuckin great, long live pitman rock4

Edited by Pain_Train_99

Actually, the long lost GNR album is really "it's five o'clock somwhere", released by Slashes Snakepit in 1995. Those songs were the ones written by GNR.

A8R

No, those were written by Slash and Eric Dover.

Slash proposed some of the concepts to Axl and he and Duff didnt like them, so Slash just got a band together, recorded the songs and released it as a solo album.

Its not the same album were talking about here.

But damn, just knowing there is one out there pisses me off :angry:

i actually got that interview for xmas 5 yrs ago some radio station chick in la did that it was 2 interviews 1 was after the tour ended in 93 and 1 after slash left they talked about the new album, the earthquakein la, and slash did say out of his mouth that 5 o clock somewhere was the new gnr album and axl did not like the songs then after the album was recorded axl came back and said he wanted back and forth again and some other songs and slash said they were done and supposedly this is what began the break up of gnr i really wish i could remember the name of the disc or even the woman interviewing him shes a real famous dj in la on a rock station but if you can find it on limewire or whatever you people use to download music its well worth the info on it

Actually, the long lost GNR album is really "it's five o'clock somwhere", released by Slashes Snakepit in 1995. Those songs were the ones written by GNR.

A8R

No, those were written by Slash and Eric Dover.

Slash proposed some of the concepts to Axl and he and Duff didnt like them, so Slash just got a band together, recorded the songs and released it as a solo album.

Its not the same album were talking about here.

But damn, just knowing there is one out there pisses me off :angry:

Now that you point that out you're right, because duff and Axl were the only ones from GNR that werent in the original snakepit. And Izzy

i actually got that interview for xmas 5 yrs ago some radio station chick in la did that it was 2 interviews 1 was after the tour ended in 93 and 1 after slash left they talked about the new album, the earthquakein la, and slash did say out of his mouth that 5 o clock somewhere was the new gnr album and axl did not like the songs then after the album was recorded axl came back and said he wanted back and forth again and some other songs and slash said they were done and supposedly this is what began the break up of gnr i really wish i could remember the name of the disc or even the woman interviewing him shes a real famous dj in la on a rock station but if you can find it on limewire or whatever you people use to download music its well worth the info on it

Tawn Mastry.

My understnadng of the situation is like this. Slash, Axl and Duff all borught different, comeplete and semi complete songs to the sessions. They would then have collaborated on a few tracks and the such, probably why duff gets a writing mentions on "beggars and hangers on". Most probably Slash wasnt happy with Axl's tunes and Axl wasnt particauly favourable of Slash's tunes and thn Slash went away to record the majority of his own tracks on Its Five O'Clock Somewhere with Gunner tag alongs Sorum and Clarke. Dover almost certainly came in later and jut added his own lyrics to the songs. I would imagine, and this is purely speculative, that The Blues was brought to these sessions, or a primitve form of that song, and possibly madagascar. Woudlnt be suprised if Duff re-worked many of these proposed gunners songs into later tunes on Beutiful Disease and maybe Neurotic Outsiders.

In summary it wouldnt suprise me if we've allready heard the majority of these lost sessions songs else where.

Funnily enough I feel that if Geffen had anything half decent/complete it would have surfaced on the greatest hits disc a couple of years ago.

Tends to suggest that any good songs were taken and recorded else where.