Fans Vent About Guns N' Roses Show, Opener

jack99

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller said there was no specific reason was given for why the band started so late, but Hilton management, was told in advance that Rose will go on stage when he's ready.

i cant believe that, alright well then ill purchase your faux chinese democracy album when im ready in ten years, and in the mean time download the album then spread it all over the net you spoiled little twat

Edited by motownjunkie

for those who are first going to a GNR gig they dont know that you should have to take the next day off and prepare to party into the night

:drevil: huh?

stupidist logic ive ever read.

i guess you don't read your own posts then?

Edited by artfromtex

elaborate on this comment, your definition of rock n roll is drinking and doing what you please even if it means screwing the many fans who may have travelled and cant get the next day off, not everyone in the world is an obnoxious drinker, and Axl saying "im not normally up this early" ...is not the words of a great musician who takes pride in his art and treating the occasion with something to prove and out of respect

so explain my flawed logic?

Edited by motownjunkie

Did he at least explain to the fans why he was late or apologize?

Or does he just have Merck and Beta do it for him now days later.

He's not late for his monthly Board Meeting :D It's a rock show!!

*AXL* "..Hi everyone (looks windswept), really sorry I'm late there's been a storm (looks unorganized) I got here as quick as I could..."

LOL, well since you put it that way... :lol:

But really, I think it's just common courtesy, or is he too much of a rock star for that too.

Well anyway, I guess it wasn't on the teleprompter so that's why he didn't even think of it.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

It is an absolute discrace that they play so late, they may be living the rock lifestyle but other people who actually work for a living the next day shouldnt have to put up with that crap.

very unprofessional by Axl and GNR. .....

and im sure the Axl lovers will just defend him at all costs but ive never come across a band to be that late on stage so often, most shows the bands are near or on time.

pull your finger out Axl, your not a god, and people dont live by your watch

This is GUNS N FUCKN ROSES- go see barney and friends !!! Did you see anything that says guns will be on at _ time ???

BULLSHIT not every GNR fan is a big drinker and there are fans who want the show scheduled on time.

for those who are first going to a GNR gig they dont know that you should have to take the next day off and prepare to party into the night, stupidist logic ive ever read.

rock n roll is showing up on time and playing a great concert and keeping your word, not acting like a tool

not everyone wants to stay up until all hours especially if they cant get the next day off ....i would want to see a show on time, then go home and drink with friends or go to bed

if the show was supposed to be on at 21:00 and it starts at midnight because Axl needs a sleep in then i give up on new GNR ....

next time i show up for work i wont start until half way through my shift then?

Are you a fucking idiot- do you keep up with the weather- its lucky they were able to make it all !!! Maybe all of those people would rather been stuck in a n airport with the other couple hundred thousand people that were affected !!!

BULLSHIT not every GNR fan is a big drinker and there are fans who want a the show scheduled on time.

for those who are first going to a GNR gig they dont know that you should have to take the next day off and prepare to party into the night, stupidist logic ive ever read.

rock n roll is showing up on time and playing a great concert and keeping your word, not acting like a tool

not everyone wantd to stay up until all hours especially if they cant get the next day off ....i would want to see a show on time, then go home and drink with friends or go to bed

Rock N' Roll is about not having rules and doing what you want.

I got up at 5:30 the next day after the show got over at 2 and I got home at 3:30. If I can do it, so can other people. Suck it up. It's one fucking day you're going to be tired at work. Boo fucking hoo.

Bullshit, all the great live shows ive seen the bands played on time because its called being considerate to the schedule .....imagine the staff of the venue, and especially the LIGHTING crew having to wait for an UNKNOWN time of when Axl feels like stepping out on stage.

if i was management id cancel the show unless there was a good reason to be three hours off time.

it aint Rock N Roll, and you have a disturbed view on what the definition of Rock N Roll is, its bands who create exciting music and respect the fans, and to me turning up whenever you like is taking a piss on the every person who buys a ticket

not everyone wants to party on after the show, i know that for me the show is the "party" and when its done i want to go home

"AWAITS AXL'S WIVES TO RESPOND"

Another fucking idiot to tell us what rock n roll is...... Again, there is nothting that says GNR will be on stage at 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 !!!!!

God damn these people make me wanna puke.

Fans Vent About Guns N' Roses Show, Opener

DES MOINES, Iowa -- It was a late night for the thousands of fans at the Guns N' Roses concert Friday night

in Ames. Concertgoers said it was 12:30 a.m. before the band took to the stage. Fans were not happy.

The people I was around were pissed off until the show started, and once it was going they were having a great time.

NewsChannel 8 talked to a fan who spent more than $150 on a pair of tickets and now wishes he would have saved his money.

Between my GA tickets hotel meals and GA ticktes i spent over $300 and would do it again in a second to see a show like that again.

They were just to the point where they were walking out the door, when Guns N' Roses came on stage. They said they decided to stay for the first song and decided it wasn't worth it and went home.

What a couple of morons, your going to stay that late and leave after one song. Was mommy waiting up for them with a glass of warm milk?

Management at Hilton Coliseum received several complaints Monday about the show. Some were upset with the fact that the concert did not end until almost 3 a.m. They were also concerned with one of the opening acts. The Suicide Girls performed an edgy burlesque show. Signs were posted throughout the Coliseum warning concertgoers that the show may not be appropriate for all ages.

Damn its a rock concert!!! There are lots of things that are not age appropriate at ANY rock show not just this one. I know I sure as hell wouldn't let my 14 year old go to the show. Common sense people!!!

"My fiancée wasn't particularly happy that there were strippers bouncing around on stage and not well. I've

never heard drunk men boo strippers," said fan Kurt Van Auken.

Although I thought it was cheesy to have someone like the SG open I didn't see anyone being forced to watch. The only time that the SG were booed was when they came on for the 2nd time trying to calm the crowd down until GNR showed on stage. We were booing the music playing on the friggin PA system too, they didn't mention that though.

I guess I me and my wife must have been the only ones to enjoy this show, hell she didn't even care about the SG.

oh alright so its an unspecified time?!

would have been handy to know this before :rofl-lol:

so your a pussy unless you stay up late into the morning, right...hmmm ok...crazy logic that, but go with it if you like.

i still think its unprofessional to make people wait that long, but thats just me, its unheard of for bands to be that selfish

Edited by motownjunkie

elaborate on this comment, your definition of rock n roll is drinking and doing what you please even if it means screwing the many fans who may have travelled and cant get the next day off, not everyone in the world is an obnoxious drinker, and Axl saying "im not normally up this early" ...is not the words of a great musician who takes pride in his art and treating the occasion with something to prove and out of respect

rock concerts in general, are unpredictable. i would say it's a safe bet that many of the people who attend a rock concert (not just GNR) also drink and party the night of said concert. i realise that some don't, but most do. so taking the next day off is just smart. you know months ahead of time that you're going to the show. why is it so hard to schedule a day off? if you choose to go to a concert, because remember that no one is twisting your arm and forcing you to go, then i think it's logical to think that it might be a late night. to expect a rock concert to follow a strict time regimen is a little out of bounds from reality. there are so many things that can cause delays that are out of the bands control, not to mention that Axl has a history of going on about 2 hours late. but, even if it's not a GNR concert, expect a late night. be prepared. plan ahead.

so your a pussy unless you stay up late into the morning, right...hmmm ok...crazy logic that, but go with it if you like.

i still think its unprofessional to make people wait that long, but thats just me, its unheard of for bands to be that selfish

Unprofessional- how can you even use that word when you are talking about Axl and GNFNR?? Oh, I forgot, now that its 2006 Rock n Roll is supposed to be professional.

And since this is a kids show, lets make sure eveyone gets home at an early hour !!!

......... be prepared. plan ahead.

Oh shit, your really gonna piss some people off now !!! :rofl-lol:

Unprofessional- how can you even use that word when you are talking about Axl and GNFNR?? Oh, I forgot, now that its 2006 Rock n Roll is supposed to be professional.

And since this is a kids show, lets make sure eveyone gets home at an early hour !!!

OH SO YOUR A PUSSY UNLESS YOU STAY UP ALL NIGHT WAITING for Axl to show whenver he feels like it because the show obviously isnt important enough to him to consider everyone

YOUR A BIG MAN! ....the show doesnt revolve around you dude and there are many young people and older people who dont want to be there all night, dont care what you think thats just how it is

i dont regard people who stay up all night drinking to Axls watch as anything but Axl WIVES

OH SO YOUR A PUSSY UNLESS YOU STAY UP ALL NIGHT WAITING for Axl to show whenver he feels like it because the show obviously isnt important enough to him to consider everyone

YOUR A BIG MAN! ....the show doesnt revolve around you dude and there are many young people and older people who dont want to be there all night, dont care what you think thats just how it is

i dont regard people who stay up all night drinking to Axls watch as anything but Axl WIVES

Actually since I dont drink I dont have a problem getting up for work after staying up late. As far as Axl wives, when it comes to participating in something I enjoy- time is not a concern. I guess that makes me an Axl wife. Since I play poker all night, Im an Axl wife. I guess when I stay to watch the ball drop at New Years, I will be an axl wife since I am not concerned about what time it happens. Get real.

My point is that this is what you would do, but there are many who just want a band to show up at a reasonable time because they dont want to be up all night

me personally would definately enjoy the show and wait until they played, and wouldnt bitch about until the next day so i experiance a great show

but as this article suggests there are many people and probably most who would want to see them play at an earlier time slot where they are not taking so long to hit the stage.

ive seen many bands and i respect that they play at a reasonable time, why?

-- train and transport services normally end after midnight unless you want to find a random night bus

-- not everyone can wake up and go to work after being at a gig all night untile the early hours

-- there might be young kids there who have school

-- non serious fans at the show may not be so understandable to that of a hardcore fan

-- its just considerate to play at a reasonable time

-- peoples energy levels arnt as high after midnight unless youve hyped yourself up with caffiene

its just how it is ..dont care if certain individuals are willing to stay up and wait an eternity, it screws with peoples plans

My point is that this is what you would do, but there are many who just want a band to show up at a reasonable time because they dont want to be up all night

me personally would definately enjoy the show and wait until they played, and wouldnt bitch about until the next day so i experiance a great show

but as this article suggests there are many people and probably most who would want to see them play at an earlier time slot where they are not taking so long to hit the stage.

-- train and transport services normally end after midnight unless you want to find a random night bus

-- not everyone can wake up and go to work after being at a gig all night untile the early hours

-- non serious fans at the show may not be so understandable to that of a hardcore fan

-- peoples energy levels arnt as high after midnight unless youve hyped yourself up with caffiene

its just how it is ..dont care if certain individuals are willing to stay up and wait an eternity, it screws with peoples plans

Motown- I understand where you are coming from- but thats the whole thing !! This is Guns N Fuckn Roses- who have not been onstage before 11 pm in a US tour in years.

It should not screw with peoples plans- IF THEY HAD MADE PLANS !!! Do you arrive at the airport 30 minutes before you are due to depart? NO! You do your research as to what time you should be there and you PLAN ACCORDINGLY. This is not a symphony at the Opera House !!!

Motown- I understand where you are coming from- but thats the whole thing !! This is Guns N Fuckn Roses- who have not been onstage before 11 pm in a US tour in years.

It should not screw with peoples plans- IF THEY HAD MADE PLANS !!! Do you arrive at the airport 30 minutes before you are due to depart? NO! You do your research as to what time you should be there and you PLAN ACCORDINGLY. This is not a symphony at the Opera House !!!

hey dont knock symphonies or classical music , and you know slash listens to beethoven as did cliff burton, its just music, spoon bending violin solos can be entertaining too dude, its another form of expression

your being a little too rock cliched for me, i can understand where your coming from though.

some people cant plan transport if there isnt any avialable except the odd taxi, its just inconsiderate and doesnt prove any rock n roll statement by playing late

i still think its a little sillybuns of Axl

Edited by motownjunkie

Those people are dumb for paying that much money to go see GnR in the first place. Just because you don't wanna stay up till 3AM listening to Axl Rose trying to keep up with the songs and all of that good stuff doesn't make you a pussy. But I would have at least stayed long enough to throw a rock at Axl so we could get a big riot started. OR! I could go get some bourbon and budweiser selects and act like a complete jackass all night so I feel like I went to a "Rock Show"? I might also try and do that metal dancing shit where you sling your arms and kick and act like I am having a seizure standing up since it's such a "Rock Show" ....YEAAAAA WOOOOOOO YOUR IN THE JUNGLE BABBBAAAAY YOUR GONNAA DIIIIEEEEE*COUGH**DEEP BREATHE* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Those people are dumb for paying that much money to go see GnR in the first place. Just because you don't wanna stay up till 3AM listening to Axl Rose trying to keep up with the songs and all of that good stuff doesn't make you a pussy. But I would have at least stayed long enough to throw a rock at Axl so we could get a big riot started. OR! I could go get some bourbon and budweiser selects and act like a complete jackass all night so I feel like I went to a "Rock Show"? I might also try and do that metal dancing shit where you sling your arms and kick and act like I am having a seizure standing up since it's such a "Rock Show" ....YEAAAAA WOOOOOOO YOUR IN THE JUNGLE BABBBAAAAY YOUR GONNAA DIIIIEEEEE*COUGH**DEEP BREATHE* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol:

so true

what the fuck happened to usa?

this is a rock show,take it or leave it. axl should do more europe and south america touring, where real rockers are, not chickens goin to bed around 10.

and yes, we all have jobs and gotta get up early and work more than people out there.

Dude no other band does this just Axl. Every band is usually DONE at a 11, besides club and bar shows. I been to over 30 arena shows and only Guns N Roses came on after 11 besides the one time where he choose not to show up and I got caught up in a riot...........what fun.

what the fuck happened to usa?

this is a rock show,take it or leave it. axl should do more europe and south america touring, where real rockers are, not chickens goin to bed around 10.

and yes, we all have jobs and gotta get up early and work more than people out there.

Dude no other band does this just Axl. Every band is usually DONE at a 11, besides club and bar shows. I been to over 30 arena shows and only Guns N Roses came on after 11 besides the one time where he choose not to show up and I got caught up in a riot...........what fun.

someone who is finally talking sense ...its just not what bands do and for Axl to say "we play when im ready" ....

my interest in this new band is almost gone

Edited by motownjunkie

my interest in this new band is almost gone

Fine, then step aside and let the rest of the fans live with it and enjoy it...

I dont give a shit what the HARDCORE Axl fans think about this, of course you will defend him....its a joke that they show up on stage that late, its not rock n roll, and it screws with peoples plans, thats what this news story was about and most people outside the CORE Axl fans would agree, im not going over what ive said again but its not professional and Axls comments regarding why they turn up on stage so late are laughable.

"I go on stage when i feel like it"

wouldnt want to have a band member who had that attitude

Edited by motownjunkie

Pussies! Rock n' Roll has no rules! Gn'R never followed any rules, including concert start times. You don't like it, don't buy a ticket...if you don't know enough about them by now, and you still buy a ticket, your a bandwagon jumper and you deserve to wait a long time and then be pissed about it, cause you weren't an educated consumer.

Pussies! Rock n' Roll has no rules! Gn'R never followed any rules, including concert start times. You don't like it, don't buy a ticket...if you don't know enough about them by now, and you still buy a ticket, your a bandwagon jumper and you deserve to wait a long time and then be pissed about it, cause you weren't an educated consumer.

ANOTHER CLOSED MINDED AXL WIFE!

again ill state GNR are the only band who does it and it shows zero respect for those who cant afford waiting all night, dont care what you say, those defending Axl are just wrong