Fans Vent About Guns N' Roses Show, Opener

jack99

my interest in this new band is almost gone

Fine, then step aside and let the rest of the fans live with it and enjoy it...

I dont give a shit what the HARDCORE Axl fans think about this, of course you will defend him....its a joke that they show up on stage that late, its not rock n roll, and it screws with peoples plans, thats what this news story was about and most people outside the CORE Axl fans would agree, im not going over what ive said again but its not professional and Axls comments regarding why they turn up on stage so late are laughable.

"I go on stage when i feel like it"

wouldnt want to have a band member who had that attitude

This shit again?

Who are you to say what Rock n Roll is or isnt?

Screw up plans? Who makes plans to see GNR and be home early?

Most people outside the CORE Axl fans agree....?

This is the first review out of 15 that the time of the show takes up more than a line of two of a 3 or 4 paragraph review that gives the show AT LEAST 4 out of 5 Stars !!!

Yes, we represnet 1% of the fans that go see GNR, but the rest of the reviews speak for themselfs. HAve you read any of them?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock n' Roll is rebellion. I ain't saying it, it's just fact. Truth is, most bands nowadays PRETEND to be rebels and market to a young audience who don't know shit or refuse to look deeper into things and so they can get away with it. So they put in a swear word here or there in their music and say they hate authority, but they follow all of the rules that makes them money. Don't piss off your fans, don't piss off the record companies, don't piss off the sponsors. Axl consistently breaks all of these rules...and for that, he is rock n' roll.

who makes plans to see GNR to be home early??, there is a huge difference between finishing at midnight and starting at midnight, no other band does it, thats why its a news story.

MAYBE IF I SPELL IT OUT IN LARGE BOLDING LETTERS

YOU STILL DONT GET THAT YOU DONT REPRESENT ALOT OF THE DIVERSITY OF PEOPLE IN THE CROWD

ROCK N ROLL IS NOT ACTING LIKE A PRECIOUS GOD SAYING "ILL TURN UP WHEN I LIKE" THAT IS NOT ROCK N ROLL

ROCK N ROLL IS ENTHUSIASTICALLY PLAYING A SHOW TO SUIT THE FANS WHO PAID MONEY TO KEEP THEM WITH A HOUSE OVER THEIR HEAD, NOT PISSING THEM OFF BY STARTING WHEN YOU FEEL UP TO IT

TREATING THE FANS WHO DONT WANT TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT LIKE "BUDBEAMBLOW" ....WHO THERE ARE MANY, LIKE SHIT SHOWS NO RESPECT AND IS THUS THE OPPOSITE OF "ROCK N ROLL"

IF YOU THINK PLAYING SHOWS LATE IS IN ANY WAY "REBELLIOUS ROCK STATEMENT" ...."NEVER PLAY BY THE RULES" ..."SO WE"LL SCREW YA OVER AND MAKE YA WAIT" ...

THEN YOUR HEAD IS IN THE WRONG PLACE

"NO OTHER ROCK BANDS DO THIS SO IT CANT BE THAT BIG A DEAL"

who makes plans to see GNR to be home early??, there is a huge difference between finishing at midnight and starting at midnight, no other band does it, thats why its a news story.

MAYBE IF I SPELL IT OUT IN LARGE BOLDING LETTERS

YOU STILL DONT GET THAT YOU DONT REPRESENT ALOT OF THE DIVERSITY OF PEOPLE IN THE CROWD

ROCK N ROLL IS NOT ACTING LIKE A PRECIOUS GOD SAYING "ILL TURN UP WHEN I LIKE" THAT IS NOT ROCK N ROLL

ROCK N ROLL IS ENTHUSIASTICALLY PLAYING A SHOW TO SUIT THE FANS WHO PAID MONEY TO KEEP THEM WITH A HOUSE OVER THEIR HEAD, NOT PISSING THEM OFF BY STARTING WHEN YOU FEEL UP TO IT

TREATING THE FANS WHO DONT WANT TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT LIKE "BUDBEAMBLOW" ....WHO THERE ARE MANY, LIKE SHIT SHOWS NO RESPECT AND IS THUS THE OPPOSITE OF "ROCK N ROLL"

IF YOU THINK PLAYING SHOWS LATE IS IN ANY WAY "REBELLIOUS ROCK STATEMENT" ...."NEVER PLAY BY THE RULES" ..."SO WE"LL SCREW YA OVER AND MAKE YA WAIT" ...

THEN YOUR HEAD IS IN THE WRONG PLACE

"NO OTHER ROCK BANDS DO THIS SO IT CANT BE THAT BIG A DEAL"

"..................either get on board or fuck off." Thanks Tommy rock1

Rock n' Roll is rebellion. I ain't saying it, it's just fact. Truth is, most bands nowadays PRETEND to be rebels and market to a young audience who don't know shit or refuse to look deeper into things and so they can get away with it. So they put in a swear word here or there in their music and say they hate authority, but they follow all of the rules that makes them money. Don't piss off your fans, don't piss off the record companies, don't piss off the sponsors. Axl consistently breaks all of these rules...and for that, he is rock n' roll.

Who are you to tell us what Rock n Roll is :rofl-lol: You have to let Motown tell you what it is !! Rock N Roll is NOT Rebellion ! :rofl-lol:

Allcorp- you are EXACTLY RIGHT !!!!

Edited by gnfnr2006

nah i come to the forums because im into early era GNR so im semi interested in whats going on, but when i see people posting absolute tripe saying that playing late is just "Rock N Roll" ...your wrong because "Led Zepplin never did it" they played on time and respected the fans and they were the start of "Rock N Roll"

your argument simply does not wash at all

Edited by motownjunkie

Will you stop whining??!

You pussies!

In the early 90's we had plenty of rock/metal bands playing in Portugal.

I attended to Metallica IIRC in 93 and I can assure you that I got home way past 2am and I still could hear the music going on when the cab parked at my front door as I lived 5 minutes away from the arena.

You're all either too young to spell "rock and roll" or you're just fucking pussies.

So just leave or shut up.

Listen, I am not saying that playing late is rock n' roll. I'm saying that gnr have a consistent track record of not caring about anything other than what they want to do...and that is rock n' roll. sure it's inconvenient for them to come in late...BUT THAT'S WHO THEY ARE!!!! Fans who complain, have the right to complain, but unfortunately, all it does for me is increase the context that GnR is the only band out there that still embodies the true nature of RnR.

nah i come to the forums because im into early era GNR so im semi interested in whats going on, but when i see people posting absolute tripe saying that playing late is just "Rock N Roll" ...your wrong because "Led Zepplin never did it" they played on time and respected the fans and they were the start of "Rock N Roll"

your argument simply does not wash at all

THERE IS NO "ON TIME" FOR GNR !!!! ON TIME IS, AFTER 11PM. THERE IS NOWHERE ON THE TICKETS THAT SAY "GNR WILL BE ON AT 8"

GNR IS ACTUALLY NICE ENOUGH TO PROVIED ITS FANS WITH SEVERAL OPENS SO THAT YOU CAN GET 5 HOURS OF MUSIC FOR YOUR $$$

I WOULD RATHER SEE 5 HOURS OF MUSIC AND STAY THERE UNTIL 2 THEN PAY FOR A TICKET AND GET 90 MINUTES OF MUSIC AND BE HOME IN TIME FOR THE NEWS.

YOU CAN TALK ABOUT THE DIVERSITY OF THE CROWD ALL YOU WANT, BUT GNR WILL CONTINUE TO COME ON AFTER 11 AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO SELL TICKETS TO THE SAME DIVERSE CROWD !!!

Will you stop whining??!

You pussies!

In the early 90's we had plenty of rock/metal bands playing in Portugal.

I attended to Metallica IIRC in 93 and I can assure you that I got home way past 2am and I still could hear the music going on when the cab parked at my front door as I lived 5 minutes away from the arena.

You're all either too young to spell "rock and roll" or you're just fucking pussies.

So just leave or shut up.

:rofl-lol:

Those assholes !! Making you stay up so late.....and all you were trying to do was go to an innocent little "rock" concert

:rofl-lol:

Listen, I am not saying that playing late is rock n' roll. I'm saying that gnr have a consistent track record of not caring about anything other than what they want to do...and that is rock n' roll. sure it's inconvenient for them to come in late...BUT THAT'S WHO THEY ARE!!!! Fans who complain, have the right to complain, but unfortunately, all it does for me is increase the context that GnR is the only band out there that still embodies the true nature of RnR.

ah fair enough.

Edited by motownjunkie

I love how some of you say this shit about how rock n roll doesn't have rules, then go into another thread and say how Axl is old and he can't be young again and get arrested, do drugs, and be rebellious.

Not caring about what they do and doing whatever they want? I bet the other members don't want to continuously go on stage late and I bet the other members want to do drugs andget arrested and have fun. But it's Axl's band and it's Axl's solo project under the Guns N' Roses name.

Newsflash: No one else in this band is rebellious, no one else in this band is controversial, and no one else in this band is rock n roll....this band isn't rock n roll.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

what gnr need to do now, is pull off a couple of shows where they start at 21h00 on the dot.....just to freak everyone out.

Then people would get pissed cause they would miss the show :rofl-lol:

I also see this article made no mention of the snowstorm that hit that area before this show took place. From what I read the whole show was late, even the openers.

There was no snow in Ames, i was there...the snow was in Illinois.

I love how some of you say this shit about how rock n roll doesn't have rules, then go into another thread and say how Axl is old and he can't be young again and get arrested, do drugs, and be rebellious.

Not caring about what they do and doing whatever they want? I bet the other members don't want to continuously go on stage late and I bet the other members want to do drugs andget arrested and have fun. But it's Axl's band and it's Axl's solo project under the Guns N' Roses name.

Newsflash: No one else in this band is rebellious, no one else in this band is controversial, and no one else in this band is rock n roll....this band isn't rock n roll.

oh, I guess you consider the Killers or Bon Jovi rock n' roll. Even Metallica (whom I like) sold out during the grundge days. Gn'R never compromise their point of view. that is Rock n' Roll. From Elvis, The Beatles, The Doors, The Sex Pistols and GnR, all remains the same. There were conventions, and they broke them cause they wanted to.

i cant see how sticking your finger up to the fans :fuckyou: by saying "ill play when i feel like it" is RnR

its an insult to the LIGHTING/STAGE crew and people in the crowd who arnt hardcore fans, its just stupid and no other band does it

to me RnR was bands who had a work ethic and stuck together but more importantly bands who stand up to the political system like the (sex pistols, public enemy, the clash) they all played concerts well before midnight like most bands do to suit the occasion .... and (early GNR)

Edited by motownjunkie

i cant see how sticking your finger up to the fans :fuckyou: by saying "ill play when i feel like it" is RnR

its an insult to the LIGHTING/STAGE crew and people in the crowd who arnt hardcore fans, its just stupid and no other band does it

to me RnR was bands who had a work ethic and stuck together but more importantly bands who stand up to the political system like the (sex pistols, public enemy, the clash) they all played concerts well before midnight like most bands do to suit the occasion .... and (early GNR)

Hard working bands that stay together are admirable and rare...but not necessarily rebellious. Being rebellious is RUDE and it lacks all consideration for others...that's why it's rebellious.

I think you need to just forget about GNR- They dont stand for or against anything political and you seem to have no idea what GNR is/was really about !!

Go to a Motown show so you can be in bead with the rest of the old farts by 10 pm...........

Will you please shut the fuck up about how late they go on stage?

Go get a ticket refund, you pussy!

uh what is this thread about again? .........rattle your head around and see if you hear anything wobble up in that skull of yours.

I think you need to just forget about GNR- They dont stand for or against anything political and you seem to have no idea what GNR is/was really about !!

Go to a Motown show so you can be in bead with the rest of the old farts by 10 pm...........

i have no problem staying up late ..im not an old fart either, 21 to be precise, i can also understand that alot of people who have jobs or if there was young kids would be pissed that a band could start a show at midnight

Before you go to your motown shown at 4pm be sure to catch up with the woman who wouldnt let her kid go to the show and maybe you 2 can have a rally and share thoughts on What is Rock N Roll.

And Im happy to hear that you are 21!! Congrats! Its amazing you have made it that far as extreme as you are. I am several years older than you, work about 12 or 13 hours per day, sometimes 6 days and week and you dont hear me complaining !!!

Im really suprised that you are only 21 since you know so much about Rock N Roll and Zeppelin and all the others that started RocknRoll, and you know what time they did or didnt go on and so forth....

Edited by gnfnr2006

oh, I guess you consider the Killers or Bon Jovi rock n' roll. Even Metallica (whom I like) sold out during the grundge days. Gn'R never compromise their point of view. that is Rock n' Roll. From Elvis, The Beatles, The Doors, The Sex Pistols and GnR, all remains the same. There were conventions, and they broke them cause they wanted to.

Yes your right....they BROKE them because they WANTED to. They don't do that anymore....just Axl.

GNR do compromise their point of view because at the beginning they were badass, scum of the streets with no money and nothing driving them. They didn't care about the person next to them but only the band. They did drugs, got drunk, and caused shit. Now Axl bites police officers, gets drunk, cancels shows, goes on late, frowns upon drug usage, and doesn't let anyone else speak in the band when on stage. The other members? I never hear anything about them except the oddball Tommy Stinson throwing his bass down and saying "get on board or fuck off." Good job Tommy. Way to pick up the slack. :rolleyes:

This band isn't rock n roll. GNR WAS rock n roll...but this band isn't rock n roll.

Rock n roll is about not giving a flying fuck what anyone thinks about you. If Axl was rock n roll he'd have this album released and say "Here it is, if you don't like it then fuck off." Rock n roll is about having that "something" that sets you apart from everyone else. It has to be a something that is in the performance. This band doesn't give me goosebumps like the old band did, and never saw the old band, I only listened to them.

Rock n roll isn't about not abiding by the rules and not compromising your point of view. Rock n roll is about going on stage and doing a kickass performance. Rock n roll is about telling the entire fucking world to fuck off no matter what they think about you. Rock n roll is about you and your band, no one else but the band. Rock n roll isn't about interviews or 13 million dollar albums or saying that I'll go on when I feel like it because I want to continue my image of badass since I don't drink and do drugs anymore. Rock n roll is about saying "fuck you", sticking up your middle finger, and putting on a good fucking rock show for your fans without all the bullshit. Then after the show, do whatever the fuck you want and when you want to. Get arrested for all I fucking care because that's badass. Do drugs, get stoned, fuck some chicks. Not just Axl but the entire band. Now that's fucking rock n roll. And not just doing drugs and getting drunk. It's a wide definition. Just go out and tell the world to suck your dick.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

Will you please shut the fuck up about how late they go on stage?

Go get a ticket refund, you pussy!

uh what is this thread about again? .........rattle your head around and see if you hear anything wobble up in that skull of yours.

i have no problem staying up late ..im not an old fart either, 21 to be precise, i can also understand that alot of people who have jobs or if there was young kids would be pissed that a band could start a show at midnight

You have the right to express your opinion...I just think those who "have jobs and kids" who think it ain't worth it...shouldn't go cause they just don't get it.

Before you go to your motown shown at 4pm be sure to catch up with the woman who wouldnt let her kid go to the show and maybe you 2 can have a rally and share thoughts on What is Rock N Roll.

well i think my definition of RnR stated above was on the money .....there is adifference between rebellion of the political system and rebellion of your fans

Yes your right....they BROKE them because they WANTED to. They don't do that anymore....just Axl.

GNR do compromise their point of view because at the beginning they were badass, scum of the streets with no money and nothing driving them. They didn't care about the person next to them but only the band. They did drugs, got drunk, and caused shit. Now Axl bites police officers, gets drunk, cancels shows, goes on late, frowns upon drug usage, and doesn't let anyone else speak in the band when on stage. The other members? I never hear anything about them except the oddball Tommy Stinson throwing his bass down and saying "get on board or fuck off." Good job Tommy. Way to pick up the slack. :rolleyes:

This band isn't rock n roll. GNR WAS rock n roll...but this band isn't rock n roll.

Rock n roll is about not giving a flying fuck what anyone thinks about you. If Axl was rock n roll he'd have this album released and say "Here it is, if you don't like it then fuck off." Rock n roll is about having that "something" that sets you apart from everyone else. It has to be a something that is in the performance. This band doesn't give me goosebumps like the old band did, and never saw the old band, I only listened to them.

Rock n roll isn't about not abiding by the rules and not compromising your point of view. Rock n roll is about going on stage and doing a kickass performance. Rock n roll is about telling the entire fucking world to fuck off no matter what they think about you. Rock n roll is about you and your band, no one else but the band. Rock n roll isn't about interviews or 13 million dollar albums or saying that I'll go on when I feel like it because I want to continue my image of badass since I don't drink and do drugs anymore. Rock n roll is about saying "fuck you", sticking up your middle finger, and putting on a good fucking rock show for your fans without all the bullshit. Then after the show, do whatever the fuck you want and when you want to. Get arrested for all I fucking care because that's badass. Do drugs, get stoned, fuck some chicks. Not just Axl but the entire band. Now that's fucking rock n roll. And not just doing drugs and getting drunk. It's a wide definition. Just go out and tell the world to suck your dick.

By not releasing the album he's saying suck my dick...i'll do it when I want. - true rock n' roll.

You dumb asshole!

I'm 33 and I have a job that starts everyday at 9am and that hopefully finishes before midnight.

See me complaining? No, why would I?

Have I see his crew complain?

Fuck no.

So who cares if their shows finish past 2am? :sleeper:

Sounds like a GNR fan to me !!!