pcg's review..!

So I got to the Target Center around 6:20...Doors opened at 7 and my friend and I went to buy t-shirts. We went straight into the arena after that so we were pretty close to the stage to begin with. Most of the people around me in the pit were complete metalheads, including this dude who I think seriously thought he was Axl. But it felt so good to be surrounded by people who shared the same love for Guns N' Roses as I do. The opening acts began and this band called Breaking Zero or something went on first, they were alright...then Suicide Girls took the stage. What a performance that was :book: . Nearly naked girls, fire, chocolate syrup, Led Zeppelin and AC/DC songs...pretty entertaining actually! But I wanted to see Sebastian, who came on next. He kept saying how much he loved Minneapolis and that we rocked :) . He did quite a few Skid Row songs which I had been waiting sooo long to hear live, and then a new song called By My Side which I had listened to before (really good song). My favorite part of his performance was when he took a drink of water and spit it out all over the crowd and it LANDED ON ME :wub: The second time he did that, I opened my mouth..., it was exhilerating. Then he started talking about youtube, then his tube, and he was directing the conversation to a girl standing in front of me. So anyway after baz, Helmet went on. They were the shittiest attempt at thrash/metal i've ever heard or seen in my life.

After the opening acts were over, their was about a 20-30 minute intermission, and the crew were setting up the stage for GnR. During this time the crowd got pretty pushy down in the mosh pit. It was really hot, their were people bitching and pushing eachother, and it smelled like pot, sweat, and beer, but frankly their was absoulutley no other place in the world i'd rather be at the moment. Suddenly the lights began to fade and a slow, atmosphere-shaking, distorted rythym started playing which disclosed into the opening notes of Welcome to the Jungle...the crowd just turned psycho. Axl came running out in a black leather shirt, D&G sunglasses, red boots, and beat-up extremely flattering jeans :wub: . I could barely believe he was actually there front of me, it was so surreal.

They played alot of AFD songs in the setlist which I really liked. My favorite songs out of the night included You Could Be Mine which sent the crowd into a crazed moshing fit and I loved it. My Michelle was like that too, and Baz definatley added to the fire. That song is definatley underrated..it sounds incredible done live vs. the studio version. Rocketqueen is my favorite Guns song, so when they played that I was in heaven...he killed the vocals at the end. The Blues and Better were fantastic, I seriously can't wait until this album comes out! Better was completley mind-blowing and Axl's vocals on The Blues were amazing. I also liked Bumblefoot's Don't Cry solo, which was a bit emotional for me (but in a good way) since that is the specific song responsible for getting me into Guns N' Roses around two years ago. It also gave me an instant flashback of all the times I sat in my room at night and watched Don't Cry on the Tokyo 92 DVDs. Except this time it wasn't through a 12 inch screen.

Now, during November rain, there was a moment where Axl made direct eye contact with me and a little half-smile came over his face(im guessing because I probably had the hugest smile on my face at the time) and that was definatley a defining moment of the night for me. By the second half of the show, I had finally made it to the front of the mosh pit and I got to be up against the bar...I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I was fucking 6 feet away from Axl! At one point toward the end of the show, Bumblefoot came down and walked across the front of the floor area, letting everyone who was close enough touch is guitar. As he went past me, I reached out and strummed my fingers over the guitar strings and also touched his hand! ...Yet another defining moment of the night.

After nightrain Axl yelled "Goodnight Minneapolis!!" and the lights dimmed as they walked off stage. The crowd immediatly started roaring GUNS-N-ROSES! GUNS-N-ROSES!... just like the beginning of Get in the Ring which I had listened to probably a gazillion times and wished it would be real one day :P . They came back out for the encore consisting of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and Paradise City. During PC it got really crazy where I was and the security probably pulled out mabye 10 crowd surfers(some going over my head) in a matter of minutes. After the song, Axl threw the mic out into the crowd and Frank threw a drumstick, which was caught by the dude standing right next to me, damnit. They went off stage and came back on right away to line up as a band and take a bow. It was at this moment that I realized this really is GnR now. Throughout the show, the new lineup really grew on me. You could see they had so much chemistry and respect for eachother..and it took a live show for me to see that.

Dec. 2nd was truly the best experience of my life to date, and i'll seriously never forget it.

So that's my review, sorry it was so long!

I took a few pictures as well with my phone:

Baz & Axl:

315524648_a583d462c9.jpg

315532713_ae4fdaae08.jpg

BBF:

315536734_45c2afb73d.jpg

Robin:

315542368_e46cf6d740.jpg

Axl:

315517997_61d4e44d8c.jpg

:heart:

They went off stage and came back on right away to line up as a band and take a bow. It was at this moment that I realized this really is GnR now. Throughout the show, the new lineup really grew on me. You could see they had so much chemistry and respect for eachother..and it took a live show for me to see that.

The same thing happened to me in San Francisco. Seeing them dance back-to-back during solos, picking up Sweet Child O' Mine after pausing for about five minutes (to kick the guy out), and seeing them bow at the end really solidified the new lineup for me, and I'm beside myself for the 17th. :heart:

Edited by Kaleigh

The second time he did that, I opened my mouth..., it was exhilerating

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

lol, great review, thanks for posting!!

Love reading these reviews, reminds me of the shows all over again :wub:

So true rock3

Thanks for the review :)

and for those who couldent goto a show they get to find out what it was like