Can Geffen Sue Axl and Demand Release of what has been recorded

jaypayton

Axl probably signed some sort of contract giving him extensive creative control, or else they would have attempted to have it released involuntarily already.

I'm sure at some point this contract would expire and then they would be able to demand its release, because they financed it for $13 million. It's their money.

But no one knows, it's all speculation.

Axl probably signed some sort of contract giving him extensive creative control, or else they would have attempted to have it released involuntarily already.

I'm sure at some point this contract would expire and then they would be able to demand its release, because they financed it for $13 million. It's their money.

actually Geffan havent put in $13 million apparently Axl has reached into his own pocket.

actually Geffan havent put in $13 million apparently Axl has reached into his own pocket.

No.

They cut funding, I believe, in 2004. It has been rumored and reported by various sources that Axl has spent $2 million out of his own pocket since then, but the initial $13 million was Geffen's cash.

If Geffen would have kept peddling money into it, they could release it as soon as they got the masters from whoever has them (which is probably Axl). Geffen owns the masters, unless they signed another contract that gave Axl control of the masters.

Usually record companies have it in the record contract that says that they own the master tapes. Maybe Geffen just doesnt know who has them, or no one will turn them over.

But legally, if they had a standard contract, they would have control over the masters and could release it whenever they wanted.

In the '60s, Capitol forced Brian Wilson to release Pet Sounds although it wasn't completed.

Actually, Capitol confiscated the material after several ultimatums. That's why "Let's Go Away for Awhile" has no lyrics : they exist but Brian Wilson still had to record them.

Maybe Axl is waiting until he is forced to release it. That way if it flops he can use the "The album wasn't ready excuse"

Maybe Axl just doesn´t give a shit? That's my theory. He sells us lies about the album coming out in 2006 so that we all could play the role of being happy concert going suckers and just like kids following the dirty old man with candy we fell right into his money gathering trap.

Never in my life have I've senn more bullshit come from a band, they're really turning in to the parody the media has been talking about for years. Too bad, since I think this band has got a shot at doing a great album, but only us die hard fans are gonna know cause this album ain't never coming out.