Will any current members leave?

JONEZY

Will any of the current members of GnR decide to leave the band, and if so who will be the first?

I bring this up because of Brain, last month Merck confirmed Brain was still in the band, Frank was just filling in. Well, now Merck is gone. I'm still wondering why Brain sat out this tour. I know he just had a kid and wanted to spend time with his newborn, but we still haven't heard a thing from him.

Everybody has a breaking-point, I'm wondering if any of these guys in the band will decide to say "The hell with this, I'm gone."

Sure they are getting paid, but when will someone in the current band say "enough is enough"?

jesus FUCKING christ.

we just got a message from the man himself, why the hell do you think some will leave at this point?

Did you read my post?

Let me refresh your memory.

Buckethead - Gone

Merck(the manager) - Gone

Brain - still in the band according to Merck(whoops, Merck has no credibility anymore)

Please just answer the question.

I don't think anyone knows for sure but with reports of Frank being taken in for recording on the album it just doesn't make sense that, in the long run, two drummers would be on the payroll full-time.

I also wonder what legal aspects might be out there regarding using Buckets parts on CD release. He might have signed a contract that says whatever he recorded is owned by Guns N Roses or....is it possible he has any legal standing for soul ownership of his guitar parts? Only the contracts would tell us but I have not read any info on that.

Whow knows for sure.

I look forward to a single and video in the near future (probably Feb) if CD is indeed released in early March.

Edited by mcalldp

I bring this up because of Brain, last month Merck confirmed Brain was still in the band, Frank was just filling in. Well, now Merck is gone. I'm still wondering why Brain sat out this tour. I know he just had a kid and wanted to spend time with his newborn, but we still haven't heard a thing from him.

I'm wondering is this is why he didn't do the tour.

The guys had to knwo what was up. Maybe he just thought "fuck this" since it wasnt' the real deal.

Seriously, where are these guys going to go? Leave and do WHAT? Yeah, Tommy had a solo thing going on, but it wasn't anywhere near the status of GnR, and never will be. Robin could go back to the circus? And Richard could play for N*Sync again? (did those guys ever get back together?) Bumblefoot could go back to teaching?

Here's an idea. Maybe Robin, Tommy and Frank could join together to form a "supergroup". :lol:

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Seriously, where are these guys going to go? Leave and do WHAT?

Buckethead left in 2004(actually I think he left after the no-show in Philly 2002). I haven't heard much from him, but it doesn't really matter what they do after they leave, if they do. It may be a matter of "take the money and run".

Seriously, where are these guys going to go? Leave and do WHAT?

Buckethead left in 2004(actually I think he left after the no-show in Philly 2002). I haven't heard much from him, but it doesn't really matter what they do after they leave, if they do. It may be a matter of "take the money and run".

BH was an exception to the rule. He made albums before GnR, and continues to make them since. I think BBF is probably most like him. But the rest? Sure, they could take the money, and hopefully make some good investments with it, because I don't think any of them would ever be very successful on their own.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Seriously, where are these guys going to go? Leave and do WHAT? Yeah, Tommy had a solo thing going on, but it wasn't anywhere near the status of GnR, and never will be. Robin could go back to the circus? And Richard could play for N*Sync again? (did those guys ever get back together?) Bumblefoot could go back to teaching?

Here's an idea. Maybe Robin, Tommy and Frank could join together to form a "supergroup". :lol:

yowza! that was vicious...