GREATEST BAND/ARTIST OF ALL TIME

frankwhite

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Elvis for rock, because he inspired more country than what rock turned into. I'd say, for the current incarnation of rock... Zep. Not the Stones, they are too poppy. The Beatles probably deserve mention, too, but I don't really like them, so I don't like to make mention of them in this type of thread, but they are influential.

Oh yeah, and Husker Du.

Beatles - My fav band too, but they've sold over 1 billion records. Don't think I need to say more.

Jimi Hendrix - Maybe the most innovative guitarist the world have ever seen? Music wouldnt be where it is today without Jimi.

Black Sabbath - World greatest, and first heavy metal band.

Judas Priest - Took heavy metal over the edge.

The Stooges - Godfather of punkrock

King Crimson and Jethro Tull - I couldnt choose between these. But damnit, what would anyone do without these two? Where would progrock be today?

Neil Young - Don't need to say much here..

whos the coolest motherfucker in rocks history: AXL ROSE

thats the worst misspelling of the name John Lennon that i have ever come across :P

ha, nice one ;)

biggest

Its a draw between him and Gene Simmons.

Axl is fitter than Slash now :)

Guest knerken
King Crimson and Jethro Tull - I couldnt choose between these. But damnit, what would anyone do without these two? Where would progrock be today?

Where it should be: nowhere

Die, please.

I dont think you can just name one artist/band to be the "start" of it all.

I mean, sure you could say Beatles are the best ever, but considering where music is today it has taken a lot of innovative and artistic people to get here. Well I can try to name the main people, I dont think this'll work anyway:

1. Chuck Berry. He was the first person to play with the "rock n' roll" style", he influenced people like Elvis, the Stones, Beatles, etc. etc.

2. Elvis. As someone else said, Elvis kinda opened the door for everyone and was the first to put on a great show, well which at the time was shocking, but that's the point.

3. The Beatles. Nothing to be said.

4. Deep Purple and especially Richie Blackmore. The man, alongside with Page who made guitarplaying what it is today.

5. Pink Floyd. Making the worlds first techno song alone is the reason to include them.

I dont know, I guess that makes sense.

Edited by New Rose