Just what is the truth when it comes to gnr?

gnr-dave

Just what exactly is the “truth” when it comes to guns n roses?

Over the past few weeks, even years, there as been talks about what is the truth and what is a lie when it comes to this band. It always seems anything not coming from the gnr camp is a lie. Merck Mercuriadis has been let go and now in the eyes of the gnr camp he is no longer telling the truth, but for years he always gave the “truth” when it came to matters of guns n roses. He used to ask for posts on a certain message board be deleted now his letter is not allowed on that same message board because his letter is deemed to be not truthful. How ironic is that? So, does that mean he was never being truthful when he was in gnr or just now that he is no longer the manager.

This band has a track record of not being truthful and even though people know the real truth they try to just cover it up. Remember the reports that buckethead had left the band and the band would not be doing RIR? Management was adamant that it was BS and that the person was just making up the info even though that person got the info from Bill Laswell, a legit source who is close to buckethead. Then what happened a few weeks later? It was reported by the band that buckethead had indeed left. So the band was not telling the truth on that matter but we are still supposed to believe everything this band says.

The band cancelled their Euro tour back in 2001 because Axl said his manager never told him about the shows, but the manager denied that and said Axl knew about. No one knows what the truth is on that to this day, their own camp could not agree on the reason but we are still supposed to believe this band is always telling the truth right?

In 2002 we had the botched tour with a few riots. And we never got the truth on why the tour ended and what happened in Philly. So we should again just blindly follow and not question this band?

Then there were reports that the label confirmed CD wont be out this year and it got pushed off to 2007. Again management said that is rubbish and said CD was still going to come out this year. Then we find out this week that the album has indeed to be pushed back to March of 2007. So another thing the band was not being truthful yet still should not question anything that the band gives us.

Because of the release date no one was even paying attention but gnr cancelled a ton of shows this leg of the tour. They said the reason is because they want to finish up the album, but they can’t honestly believe people won’t question that because I hardly think doing 4 or 5 shows would set them back.

In that “Axl” letter it said they have to have the album in EIGHT WEEKS before the release date to make the target date. If that is true that means CD has to be into the label by Jan 6th, well those cancelled shows in Jan fall AFTER that target date and wouldn’t affect them getting the album done, now would it? But of course we cannot question that because it would go against what that letter said.

Beta claims that Merck was fired before thanksgiving and his last show with gnr was Halafax yet I got these

I got this PM the other day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: ryanb964 M

Merck was standing right to the side of me when GN'R were in Minneapolis. Right side of the stage there was a little fenced off place there, and Bach's band and Merck and his woman were watching Gn'R's set.

Quote From FunkyMonkey

Interesting...Yankeeman32 was seated next to me at the Minneapolis show and he said to me "look there is Merck". I was too interested in the band to really care to find him...but he saw him too"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That show was in Dec after the date that Beta claimed merck was fired and she claim that merck was fired before that because of the date of the merck letter.

My friend also said he saw merck at one of the shows in Dec and I asked about that and was calling names because I quested Beta.

Does anyone follow a pattern here? I don’t see how any long time fan cant question some of the things this band says, and question what really is the truth, or whose truth to believe.

Its just something to think about. Because if you ask any non die hard gnr fan, they have a very different view than most of the people on the boards and why do you think that is?

What is up with Axl's housekeeper acting like a spokesperson for the band? It is incredibly disrespectful, unprofessional and cowardly for Axl to hid behind this woman's skirts. If he has something to say to Merck, it should be done in private and face to face and if he has something to say publicly to the fans, it should come from him. It just makes him look like a wierdo. Beta needs to stick to ironing his shirts and shut the hell up.

What is up with Axl's housekeeper acting like a spokesperson for the band? It is incredibly disrespectful, unprofessional and cowardly for Axl to hid behind this woman's skirts. If he has something to say to Merck, it should be done in private and face to face and if he has something to say publicly to the fans, it should come from him. It just makes him look like a wierdo. Beta needs to stick to ironing his shirts and shut the hell up.

The funny thing is, she cant even get it straight because most times when she does speak because she contradicts what the bands press release says or what Axl has said in the past.

I really hope Axl isn't lying about Merck. I've always been cautious to believe anything that comes from the GN'R camp, but I honestly did believe pretty much everything Axl said in that letter. If he's lying then I'll be really pissed.

Well the Axl letter claimed it was mercks fault CD is not out but how can that be? Axl never finished the album. That is the first thing Axl had to do for merck to be able to do his job. How can Merck sell to the label to put all this promotion into CD when the label did not even have the album yet. That is like someone having a dealer try and sell their car to a person but never giving the seller their car.

The label is not going to put tons of money into promotion with out the album in hand. That is why merck sent the engineers to Axl so they could help Axl finish to start the process.

No one has given one legit reason how this is mercks fault at all. While no one from the gnr camp has even given Axl 1% of the blame for CD not being out. Look at it this way. Even IF Merck did all the promotion and video and jazz for the album, it still would not have been out because Axl never finished his work on it.

Look at Mercks statment that 2005 would be the year of gnr. He said that because he thought Axl would finish CD and that made Merck look like an ass. HE was not going to do that again and he was right to.

Is Axl ever going to take any responsibilty for CD not being out? We are just waiting on him, not merck, not teh label, not other band members, no one. ITs Axl.

Edited by gnr-dave

The truth is they just went on tour, played 2 1/2 hour shows, and for the most part kicked some ass and gave some fans some good memories (including myself), but anything more than that, well, just dont know.

I dont get frustrated cause I am good with a tour and some good discussion. It is all the people who take things on the internet as gospel who keep getting hosed. I dont, so I wont.

Hope it works out for you guys cause it must be exhausting to handle all those swings.

My suggestion, just go on with your lives and bs here and there, and take NOTHING as truth except what you see. Then you wont be dissapointed, or at least not as much.

Well the Axl letter claimed it was mercks fault CD is not out but how can that be? Axl never finished the album. That is the first thing Axl had to do for merck to be able to do his job. How can Merck sell to the label to put all this promotion into CD when the label did not even have the album yet. That is like someone having a dealer try and sell their car to a person but never giving the seller their car.

The label is not going to put tons of money into promotion with out the album in hand. That is why merck sent the engineers to Axl so they could help Axl finish to start the process.

No one has given one legit reason how this is mercks fault at all. While no one from the gnr camp has even given Axl 1% of the blame for CD not being out. Look at it this way. Even IF Merck did all the promotion and video and jazz for the album, it still would not have been out because Axl never finished his work on it.

Look at Mercks statment that 2005 would be the year of gnr. He said that because he thought Axl would finish CD and that made Merck look like an ass. HE was not going to do that again and he was right to.

Is Axl ever going to take any responsibilty for CD not being out? We are just waiting on him, not merck, not teh label, not other band members, no one. ITs Axl.

Great post. Agree 100%.

Most of the criticism aimed at Merck during the year was concerning the lack of marketing for the new album. It never occurred to these people that the lack of promotion was due to there being nothing to promote, because Lord Axl guaranteed us a 2006 release. But as Merck says in his letter, the record label simply wouldn't hand out any more money for promotion until they had the finished product in their hands. Which is perfectly understandable, considering they huge amounts of money they've already put into this project.

Axl keeps telling us that it's only the "finishing touches" that need to be done to the album? So why the fuck weren't they done during the year? Or more to the point, why wasn't the album completely fucking finished before they even started touring?

Hectic touring schedule? Well, I bet he still found the time to bang groupies, do blow, and attend his lavish after-parties (all of which, I salute him for).

As for Beta, well, I can't work out if she's just an insane, or just stupid. Probably a bit of both.

2007 will be interesting.

As for Beta, well, I can't work out if she's just an insane, or just stupid. Probably a bit of both.

2007 will be interesting.

beta it appears will do anything to make axl look good and make merck or others look like shit.

and 2007 is going to be a good year

Was he not fired because he tried to rush him to finish the album in 3 days. And they took the time off not only to finish the album but to promote it?

Merck said Axl only had a few days left until CD was done, and Axl couldnt find his mojo (aka muse) so the album never got finished before the NA tour, and merck said he sent engineers a long on tour to help axl finish and he never did, thus CD is not out this year and that is why Axl claims is the reason they cancelled the dates in Jan. And I wont even go into why I believe the dates in Jan got cancelled.